The Mourinho Thread

Been on this forum for years, can't believe i am still suprised by these childish replays.

Let me remained you this i watch football to be entertained, and i hope all of you do the same because it is only rational reason to watch compitition sports. A football club responsibility is to entertain their fans, because this is why we pay them with our time and money. This is an unequivalent truth that no one should forget. Forgeting this is like a a public company shareholder forgeting that the company unequivalent responsibility is to them.

We beated a mid-table team, while playing a small team tactic. Simple down to the truth.

We didn't have the right players to go out there and dominate (No Matic, not even Mikel). I'm all for entertaining football but I can't blame Jose for being a bit more cautious on this one, especially considering we shipped 5 against this mid table team last time we did try to assert ourselves in the game.

Besides, are you not entertained at all by the fact that we've won our first trophy in 2 years?

It's so good seeing Jose this happy again.

It is

We didn't have the right players to go out there and dominate (No Matic, not even Mikel). I'm all for entertaining football but I can't blame Jose for being a bit more cautious on this one, especially considering we shipped 5 against this mid table team last time we did try to assert ourselves in the game.

Besides, are you not entertained at all by the fact that we've won our first trophy in 2 years?

Well, I understand what Joker10 said. I get his feelings. I also was pissed off like in every big game this season because I know even currently we're capable of imposing ourself better. Why the hell we have to nullify Spurs when it surely should had been other way around ?

But I know Jose so well to the point to know that he doesn't trust his squad. He's not feeling over confident with this group. He still says here and there that there's huge work to do, that he builds and tries to compete with what he has. That last sentence is crucial. That is the reason why I forgive, when emotions cool down, any so defensive approach this season. And pray, hope, well actually know that if he will have free picks this summer who he wants and who to bring we will repeat City at the Etihad last season on regular basis, when we played a real beauty, purposely counter-attack at pace while beaing defensive stable (basically my kind of football).

LOOOL why people acting here like if this is exclusively to either play good or win ??

That was no classic performance, far from it. I'd run a rant here how pissed off I'm now to watch any big game Chelsea play, how coward approach is getting on my nerves, how I sometimes doesn't care if we will have a luck or not. I'm sorry but you can't say to me that we play good or anything. We relies on set-piece, luck, isolated situation from Hazard. Every big game is the same. The line which on we step is very thin. PSG game, woow 1:1 good away result, not to mention that if we were a bit more unluckier it'd have been 4:1 down. Yesterday we scored a goal from a completely isolated situation, set piece which lucky rebounds under JT leg 6 metres from goal. And even after he shot there is ricochet from Spurs player. The goal number 2 was again isolated situation with Spurs throw the ball into their own net. We relies hugely on luck, on isolated situation on defenders playing like snipers, on Cahill's flick, on Hazard moment of magic, on rebounds.

But! I don't care how we win this season as long as we win. I want us to wrap this title up in the league. 2 trophies would be fantastic return from this team. As I said I love Jose and I know it's not his team still. There's still over half of our players who weren't bought by him. The videos above keep me strongly in position that this fantastic manager is still there, the one who I fell in love long time ago. And he often wasn't usual self during his drought, which for him was eternity. And while I still don't enjoy us play this season in any sort of big game and don't fancy to change that until the next season, it's fantastic that we're winning the trophies while being far from finished team. Because Jose said that we're far from done, so I let him do his work in the summer to bring another 3 or 4 fantastic and importantly "his" players to this club. For sure I'll be pissed off in the way we play our next big game this season because I know we can much better but I know Jose so well to expect that if he doesn't have 100% confidence in his team (and he for sure doesn't) he will play as safe as possible, even cowardly (he himself calls this "strategic" each to his own I guess), which pisses me off to death but at the same time I know how genius of manager is there and I know he's team can play beauty and win at the same time. They're all kinds of beauty and personally I love deadly counter-attacking football and at the same time I love Guardiola-style football. I saw Jose teams many times and I saw them play beauty counter-attack at pace, where almost any transition was dangerous. What we play I can't call counter-attack, I'm sorry. We try but we're far from being good at this at the moment. But ok, Jose'll buy his players who won't ruin almost every counter instead the ones that will play forward with pace and precise. It will be epic soon. AND IT'S SO FUCKING GOOD TO WIN TROPHIES WHILE WAITING FOR THAT TIME TO ARRIVE :)

Who cares? We fucking won and didn't concede against a team that stuck 5 past us. If we play every final like that but win I personally couldn't give a shit.

Sure you go on to say about us winning bla bla bla but that first paragraph is you just whinging over fuck all really. We all knew what was going to come because of that 5-3 game when we got them in the final.

People who say they prefer entertainment are kidding themselves.

or is there anyone on here that preffered our entertaining end to end 3-5 loss to Arsenal over our routine 2-0 against the same oppo this season?

That comparison makes no sense, and I see it all the time. That's like saying do you prefer a girl you find attractive or a girl you don't find attractive. It's either entertaining win vs boring win, or entertaining loss vs boring loss.

What is considered entertaining is subjective. But quality is quality though. In basic terms, poor/good/fantastic defensive football and poor/good/fantastic attacking football. For example, I did not enjoy watching Mourinho's 09/10 Inter but I did think they were fantastic team. They did not just win, they won convincingly. But you can also win in an unimpressive manner. Man Utd in 12/13 springs to mind. And Utd are currently the 4th best team in the league, but I find them average. Yet they get the results.

I think this Chelsea side can do better. But they might need more time.

The whole debate about playing "quality football" and not winning vs winning with "boring" defensive tactics is soooooo overhyped.

I like to think of it this way. We would all LOVE to have the best sex of our lives with a supermodel, that's everyone's ideal scenario. Now if I was given a choice of having great foreplay with a hottie but no finish then walking home with blueballs OR having a quickie with a decent looking girl and a nice nap afterwards, I'm pretty sure I know what I would choose. Arsenal fans goes home with Blueballs every year, and I had a nice satisfying sleep last night. Thank you Mourinho!

the greatest metaphor i've ver heard

I have trouble finding the people who complain about our lack of style points as legitimate fans of football, let alone our beloved Chelsea FC. Are you all really telling me that you only care to watch a match that meets your definition of "quality" as opposed to just enjoying watching Chelsea win a trophy? At the end of the day, I personally don't care what tactics we employed or if we looked like Pele's Brazil or not, so long as we win. That is why I bother being a fan of anyone - not to obsess over our supposedly superior style, but to enjoy the wins that come and use the losses as motivation for the future.

Did any of you actually play competitive football at all? Because I did. And I constantly hear how we are "lucky" here or there or, as is usually the case, almost every time. You know why? Because we are good. Good teams create their own "luck." You think the ball just happened to bounce to Terry at the six? No, it did not. He knew where the best positioning was for the most likely area of deflection. You think Costa's goal was lucky? Hardly. Cesc's incisive pass and Costa's burst put Walker on the back foot and caused him to be in a position where he was vulnerable to a deflection. Good teams know how make their own luck. We do and you all can't even see it for what it is or enjoy it for what it is beca use you've been poisones by the Guardiola's and Wenger's of the world. If you prefer style over all else then why are you not supporters of another team instead of the always lucky and scrappy Chelsea FC?

That is all.

I'm I the only one who liked the way we played with a proper 4-3-3 with zouma in front of the defense and fabregas, ramires in front of zouma. This way hazard could spring a lot of our counters and have fabregas to cover the wing when he loses the ball. We didn't get used to it in the first half but we got better at it during the 2nd half.

Hope we continue the proper 4-3-3 in big games. We're too open in the big games with 4-2-3-1 when fabregas plays behind the striker (Everton, Liverpool ccup, PSG) and it looks like it'll help our counters better

The whole debate about playing "quality football" and not winning vs winning with "boring" defensive tactics is soooooo overhyped.

I like to think of it this way. We would all LOVE to have the best sex of our lives with a supermodel, that's everyone's ideal scenario. Now if I was given a choice of having great foreplay with a hottie but no finish then walking home with blueballs OR having a quickie with a decent looking girl and a nice nap afterwards, I'm pretty sure I know what I would choose. Arsenal fans goes home with Blueballs every year, and I had a nice satisfying sleep last night. Thank you Mourinho!

The Arsenal part made me smile but this post is flawed. Is there such a thing as great foreplay (with nothing happening at the end)?