The Mourinho Thread

supporter, you're a Spaniard. How would you say the general opinion in the media was towards him compared to the English media's? I always had this impression that the Spanish media was so much more sensationalist than the English pieces of dogcr*p, but now I'm starting to think that the Spanish didn't have an agenda and insulted him rightfully, like when his team got humiliated by Barca or Dortmund.

While, I can't really go as in-depth as the brilliant Supporter has done, I'm not Spanish and my understanding of the language is pretty rudimentary, there is a pretty good movie on Youtube that explains Mourinho's tumultuous relationship with the press in Spain. It's long, but it's pretty interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XEQX2lSbW0

I came here to comment on this article and you beat me to it; I try to never comment specifically on that filthy rag, but this one has crossed the line.

DM are nothing but a bunch of filthy animals who will say anything to sell a newspaper; even though they secretly love Mourinho because they'd have nothing to write about otherwise.

In September they were all teary eyed about his return and now Aston is insinuating (with his 1-1 with Reading reference) that Jose should be sacked if he doesn't stop celebrating, being passionate and defending his team? Honestly, fuck right off Neil Ashton you absolute cunt. Brainless diatribe that make their hate for all things Chelsea so transparent, while also making the 'campaign' not such a fantasy after all.

This is honestly the worst Aston article ever (and that says A LOT), I'd love to meet this man to tell him what an absolute fool he is. I hope José bans this fucking mong from the press conferences or at least just gives him simple yes/no answers to everything. What a wanker.

Don't worry lads, all of this is going to make it so much sweeter when we win the league.

He's a gormless bastard on par with wind-up merchants like Adrian Durham. The DM moderators have also started deleting comments calling out Ashton. The Daily Mail editors have no shame for giving that clown a platform to publish such nonsense.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Further proof that this Neil Ashton character is mentally challenged.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2440066/ASH-WEDNESDAY-Jose-Mourinho-like-just-Chelsea-manager-passing-through.html

This is only about 2 months into Mourinho's second spell in charge. It's particularly enlightening the way he writes as if he's privy to information about Chelsea that no one else is.

And then there's this from a couple of months earlier.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2281167/Jose-Mourinho-replace-Arsene-Wenger-Arsenal--Neil-Ashton.html

What a weirdo.

There's also a some xenophobia, for lack of a better word, at work here. See the way Jamie Redknapp, a fairly average player in his day, speaks about one of the most successful managers of all time. Mourinho's offence? A sarcastic post match interview on how the obviously biased officiating in our title run-in last season ended our titles hopes.

Would Redknapp ever have spoken that way about Sir Alex Ferguson? No. Or even any ordinary British manager? Somehow I doubt it. But he knows he can berate the outspoken foreigner who many people don't like and get away with it. Where was Redknapp when Ferguson used to publicly berate referees with impunity when his team didn't win? Same thing with Ashton. Would he ever have written that article about Ferguson? Of course not.

Well Ferguson proved the critics wrong everytime.

The you can't win anything with kids ring a bell?

Mourinho hasn't won in some time.

And once he does it again and continously they will be mostly silent.

Well Ferguson proved the critics wrong everytime.

The you can't win anything with kids ring a bell?

Mourinho hasn't won in some time.

And once he does it again and continously they will be mostly silent.

Winning the league won't stop Ashton or Redknapp from rubbishing Mourinho though. These people are obsessed with him. Anytime I listen to the Sunday supplement, it's always Ashton saying : Mourinho this, Mourinho that. Same with Redknapp. 90% of the chelsea related articles he writes are about Mourinho.

Winning the league won't stop Ashton or Redknapp from rubbishing Mourinho though. These people are obsessed with him. Anytime I listen to the Sunday supplement, it's always Ashton saying : Mourinho this, Mourinho that. Same with Redknapp. 90% of the chelsea related articles he writes are about Mourinho.

You said it, just by winning the league won't.

Which is precisely it has to be like SAF that constantly won and shut up his critics.

That is the only way.

If in 5 years he has won 2 CL and maybe 3 or 4 PL they will not say much.