The Mourinho Thread

I'm not sure about that. Obviously, I'm not in a position to know the fitness of Fabregas, but I was surprised he wasn't on at half-time. The reinforcements that came on did nothing special to add to the win as well. I was surprised Remy was brought off when we were chasing the game.

I disagree.

I think he was spot on. He's been delaying subs all season long imo, but I don't have a problem with the time Cesc got into the game, even if the change was immediate when he was brought. It's better to take it step by step to make sure we don't have yet another player with physical issues.

Oscar is sustaining a light muscular injury, Hazard isn't far from the same imo - or at least is very tired, Willian is made of steel, his energy rivals Ramires and Cuadrado will definitely feel the difference in the league physically. So I don't have a problem with sparing Cesc some minutes instead of a whole 45 minutes.

I disagree.

I think he was spot on. He's been delaying subs all season long imo, but I don't have a problem with the time Cesc got into the game, even if the change was immediate when he was brought. It's better to take it step by step to make sure we don't have yet another player with physical issues.

Oscar is sustaining a light muscular injury, Hazard isn't far from the same imo - or at least is very tired, Willian is made of steel, his energy rivals Ramires and Cuadrado will definitely feel the difference in the league physically. So I don't have a problem with sparing Cesc some minutes instead of a whole 45 minutes.

Yeah, I'm not against delaying the Fabregas decision, like I wrote, I'm not a club physio, so I don't know the situation. Maybe our physios told Jose 20-25 mins was the maximum today.

My main point, Barbara, was that I didn't see anything that Mourinho did today to impact the outcome of the game. That's not a criticism, I just think it was all about the player's desire to win tonight. Admittedly, I was slightly perplexed why he didn't go two up top with Remy and Didier. In the past, he probably would have.

I think with an advantage of +7 compared to Manchester City and would have been unnecessary force Fabregas and risk of a relapse of muscle injury again. Totally unnecessary.

Jose has waited the change of Fabregas until the last minute he could. We played with fire, yes, but we have an advantage in Premier League enough to risk.

If today Fabregas played 90 minutes we had we would have been at risk of losing Fabregas for a month or more, and that would be a tragedy for us.

Regarding the approach, IMO Jose has begun to prepare the match against PSG with a false defense of 5 defenses Square - Ivanovic - Zouma - John Terry (c) - Azpilicueta. Our counterattacks against PSG may decide the tie for us.

I trust fully, totally, 100%, absolutely in Jose. He has controlled the situation.

Regards to ALL.

433, park the bus, play counter attack, come back safely with smile

I don't think Cahill for Willian was particularly necessary either. Did he play in midfield when he came on? I'm not sure but it is surely better to keep Willian on the pitch to press high and keep the ball in the opposition half than it is to add another defender to the mix and encourage the opposition onto you. It didn't matter in the end but I do always dread the effects of that kind of substitution.

I don't think Cahill for Willian was particularly necessary either. It is surely better to keep Willian on the pitch to press high and keep the ball in the opposition half than to add another defender to the mix and encourage the opposition onto you. It didn't matter in the end but I do always dread the effects of that kind of substitution.

He wanted Willian to hear the reception, obviously. The game was already done by then. You seriously can't criticize him for that...... surely, no?

One clever fella made a point in the Zouma thread about him having started only in home games. If Zouma starts the next home game and Cahill next away game, then I say he pretty much nailed it. When Zouma starts starting away games too and performing in them, then I say there is a real chance of him permanently displacing GC. The fact that Zouma performed in two consecutive BIG home games hints towards Mourinho taking steps in bedding him in, but maybe he feels he's not quite yet ready to do it away in front of hostile crowd. I have a feeling Zouma is Mou's next Varane, based on the way he talks about him and how he already trusted him.

Guess you was right.

This is good stuff if this trend continues.

Because zouma is the future and we should not be wasting our time with Cahill no more.

He wanted Willian to hear the reception, obviously. The game was already done by then. You seriously can't criticize him for that...... surely, no?

You know that how? Mourinho is not adverse to defender-attacker substitutions when we take the lead and I was just pointing out that I think they can do more harm than good. You're right that it didn't make any difference in this particular game so I won't moan about it anymore :P

But Chelsea fans will always complain. Always and forever

tumblr_njmjs0dh2w1u0framo1_540.jpg

Most of them i already knew, but i'm surprised we have the most clean sheets.

It must be mostly due to our home form, because we barely ever keep a CS away from home. Couldn't even stop lowly Villa from scoring.

If I was in his shoes, I swear to god, I won't be able to keep my composure with that Ivanovic question after all the shit they've given us this season. This is what I hate most about English football. It's even worse than Spain. That and the obvious bias from people like Owen when they're doing the commentary for their favourite clubs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuk_SXhl0_U

Just to add something, Mourinho said, "One more question about Ivanovic and I'll leave", but BT Sport were to ashamed to put that in the original video and edited it out. It's remains to be confirmed if Mourinho walked out or not.

Now, notice how BT Sport are goading Martinez to speak on the Ivanovic incident. He's of course all too happy to oblige them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Scx-rsnZ28

This is the Ivanovic headbutt, by the way.

https://vine.co/v/OPuluv2e3x9

Barely a headbutt, no different from stuff we see in other games when its late in a game and a decision goes the other way. It looks like Ivanovic is trying to restrain the Everton player from someone.