The Mourinho Thread

That's only this season. If you look at the bigger picture, over the last 5-6 years, how many points have Arsenal taken against the big boys? How many times have they suffered embarrassing defeats?

We shouldn't have to resort to attacking well but being defensively all over the shop (i.e. your Arsenal example) or defending well but having no attack. Nobody wants us to go with the former but rather we want to see a good defensive and attacking performance at the same time. With the players we have we should be more than capable of doing that - especially at home, no?

Arsenal are fucking 6th, 14 points behind us. Its a league with 20 teams, you dont get a trophy for beating City. I cant believe the stupidity of some people. Lol Arsene is better than Jose because he got 4 out of 6 points against City. LOL FUCKING LOL!

Sorry where did I say that Wenger was better than Mourinho? I merely pointed out the fact that Arsenal have won more points against City this season than we have and since you can't argue with that you decided to make up a wild inference. Nice job.

How are you defining big? Tuesday was pretty impressive....for periods.

If you completely ignore the first half and Henderson's sitter in ET then I guess so :P

For me it's pretty simple. Whatever Mourinho told the team in the 2nd half clearly didn't work. We came out looking far worse and tried to protect the lead, potentially settling for either a draw or a loss.

I just read a stat that this match was the lowest amount of shots we've had in a game since 2003/2004. We had 3 shots in the game, a big fat zero in the 2nd half. That's shots, not even shots on target. How is that even possible?

This is not solely because of the fatigue or because Costa and Fabregas didn't play. We had our best spell of the match in the last minutes of the first half for god's sake!

Then we come out playing like THAT from minute 1 of the 2nd half? We didn't even try to win for even till say minute 60? I'm not buying the fatigue excuse, sorry.

Mourinho again used the same tactic he uses in big games (which is odd since chasing the ball saps more energy) and we had to settle for the point. Is that a tactical performance to be praised or noted? No it is not.

We shouldn't have to resort to attacking well but being defensively all over the shop (i.e. your Arsenal example) or defending well but having no attack. Nobody wants us to go with the former but rather we want to see a good defensive and attacking performance at the same time. With the players we have we should be more than capable of doing that, no?

We saw those performances last season and in the current one. I have no problem if people want to criticize when there are legitimate reasons to do so but for the game today? It's nonsensical. If we were in City's position, then I would most likely agree with the criticism but since we are not, I find it as though people are just moaning for the sake of moaning, without looking at the bigger picture and the circumstances. We played 120 minutes of football on Tuesday, the players were tired and we have some out injured and suspended. It's only natural that we played poorly and Mourinho had to decide what's best and how to set us up to get a result. It's all about game management.

I never said I wished for him to be sacked. I said if he doesn't win either the PL or CL, then he'll be sacked.

Myth. The football is only good in spurts and it's only good vs teams we are so vastly to superior to, so we play with more freedom and less restriction from the manager. We've arguably played more poor football than good football this season. There have been quite a few games this season were we have had 0 to 1 shot on target for the whole of 90 mins.

Look at that 2nd half in particular and compare it to the 1st. We at least tried to attack them and when we did, we scored. In the 2nd half, you expect the manager to have some tactical output on the way his team approaches it. Instead, what we got was Mourinho's tactical input having a negative impact on our play. Courtois was no longer going short, our defense was no longer trying to play from the back. Now it was only hopeless long balls to nobody in particular, trying to play on the counter which as to be expected, NEVER materialized.

Again, Mourinho had a negative impact on the way we went about the 2nd half. We settled for either a draw or loss. We were never going to win unless we got incredibly lucky.

That's the Mourinho way, you either like it or not, secondly, the "he"ll be sacked" is nonsense, you definetly doesnt know what the future brings, therefore, its logically incorrect to do an affirmation as a base of your argument when this affirmation is for a future event.

I dont believe a second you are tactically superior to Mourinho, and knows better than him the physical condition they attacked the match, therefore, I simply pointed that you cannot be in the managers place so, and being superior footbally speaking against "inferior" teams in the Premier League most of the time is a big challenge, you are only overshadowing it because it suits your negative, definetly not pragmatic, thinking.

We saw those performances last season and in the current one. I have no problem if people want to criticize when there are legitimate reasons to do so but for the game today? It's nonsensical. If we were in City's position, then I would most likely agree with the criticism but since we are not, I find it as though people are just moaning for the sake of moaning, without looking at the bigger picture and the circumstances. We played 120 minutes of football on Tuesday, the players were tired and we have some out injured and suspended. It's only natural that we played poorly and Mourinho had to decide what's best and how to set us up to get a result. It's all about game management.

Last season perhaps (City away comes to mind but then we tried the exact same tactics in the FA Cup tie and unsurprisingly lost) but in any of the big away games this season? I don't think so and that lack of balance even came into a big home game today which worries me.

Wow seriously?

Me

Wow seriously?

Men lionsden, excalibur and such are the most miserable Chelsea fans in the world!

Regardless of how we play I'm at least excited about zouma.

Surely that's a cause to be merry?

Regardless of how we play I'm at least excited about zouma.

Surely that's a cause to be merry?

(1) Nothing wrong with highlighting the shortcomings of the manager, mate. Believe me, I'm far from miserable, just fed up with the incredibly negative approach. Mourinho ruined the game, not as a spectacle, because I can give two fucks if the neutrals enjoyed the game or not, but as a contest, because in the 2nd hald, he put our players in a position were it became impossible for them to win the match. That shows a lack of faith in his players and a lack of tactical flexibility.

(2) Yeah, Zouma is something to smile about. He's still raw in some of his actions, but he's absolute quality. I'm surprised how good he's been in these last two games actually. Let's hope he maintains his level. So credit to Mourinho for dropping Cahill.

(1) Nothing wrong with highlighting the shortcomings of the manager, mate. Believe me, I'm far from miserable, just fed up with the incredibly negative approach. Mourinho ruined the game, not as a spectacle, because I can give two fucks if the neutrals enjoyed the game or not, but as a contest, because in the 2nd hald, he put our players in a position were it became impossible for them to win the match. That shows a lack of faith in his players and a lack of tactical flexibility.

(2) Yeah, Zouma is something to smile about. He's still raw in some of his actions, but he's absolute quality. I'm surprised how good he's been in these last two games actually. Let's hope he maintains his level. So credit to Mourinho for dropping Cahill.

To be fair I don't think we stood a chance at winning even if we attacked.

Jesus Fucking Navas of all people had the beating of our best fullback. I think we had to sit back and just ride it out. Not proud to say it, but I think it was necessary.