The Mourinho Thread

Tbh it would have been a soft handball. He didn't deliberately touch it and the ball was already in a neutral space. Now manchester united - they were denied a stonewall deliberate handball in the box. We have only ourselves to blame if we rely on soft pens to bail us out.

Luis and Schurrle perform poorly - Mourinho's verdict: drop them from the entire squad for the next game (at least).

Cahill and Ivanovic perform abysmally - Mourinho's verdict: "An unlucky situation when people are more tired." http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/01/final-whistle-verdict-.html

:lol:

I think with the striker we are okay for now.

If city can pass by with no strikers fit why can't we?

City can win without strikers because all their midfielders can score goals...Silva, Nasri, Navas, Fernandinho, Lampard ( :cry: ) & Yaya

Whilst at Chelsea, we only have Hazard & Fabregas as goalscorers...Willian is rubbish, Schurrle hasn't done much since the World Cup & I'm struggling to understand why we bought Salah

City can win without strikers because all their midfielders can score goals...Silva, Nasri, Navas, Fernandinho, Lampard ( :cry: ) & Yaya

Whilst at Chelsea, we only have Hazard & Fabregas as goalscorers...Willian is rubbish, Schurrle hasn't done much since the World Cup & I'm struggling to understand why we bought Salah

That's because he hasn't been played regualrly enough to gain match fitness. All of you are so busy criticising him when he gets 5 minutes every 5/6 games and wonders why he doesn't make an impact...

I can't actually believe what I'm reading.

Did you fuckers just call Matic awful? TC what in the actual fuck.

Disagree. Players have off games, you're gonna conveniently forget his masterclass performances vs City last year, Arsenal, Stoke, etc.?

Everyone can have a bad game pal... He's been absolutely superb this season and has hit a little bit of a rough patch, doesn't mean he's suddenly not one of the best in position.

It's very funny how Henrique decides to pop up when Matic is going through a bit of a rough patch also...

I'm not saying he isn't a brilliant player but when people started posting he was the best DM in the world over players like Alonso, Busquets, Martinez, who have been doing it consistently at a high level for years, I knew people were getting carried away.
Its hard to disagree and say hes not been brilliant for us because he has been in, particularly in big games but he was awful vs Spurs, who despite having a few good players are very average. I'm not saying he is an awful player, no chance but he was poor and Cahill and Terry's performance was slammed despite Matic being continuously out of position and leaving both exposed. He is one of the best in that holding position yes but I remember various members saying he is the best in that position.
Also Fabregas, who has normally been good in terms of positional sense in the other big games was shocking too as Jason said in another thread (or this one fuck knows), I'm not saying Matic should be dropped or sold or whatever the fuck or he isn't good enough but if anyone is gonna stick up for him and say he played well or relatively half decent is having nothing but a fucking laugh. Hence the point why I said when he's good he's good but when he's bad he's truly awful. Never said he was awful or not go enough or anything but yet again if you criticize someone who had a poor game despite having a good season so far, you're made to be some sort of dick who thinks they are shite or something.

It was bound to happen but that does not mean our system or players are magically average now. Continue the same style but just rest players when really needed. I am sure Jose knows what do now. We all learn from our mistakes so there is nothing to worry about.

I'm not saying he isn't a brilliant player but when people started posting he was the best DM in the world over players like Alonso, Busquets, Martinez, who have been doing it consistently at a high level for years, I knew people were getting carried away.

Its hard to disagree and say hes not been brilliant for us because he has been in, particularly in big games but he was awful vs Spurs, who despite having a few good players are very average. I'm not saying he is an awful player, no chance but he was poor and Cahill and Terry's performance was slammed despite Matic being continuously out of position and leaving both exposed. He is one of the best in that holding position yes but I remember various members saying he is the best in that position.
Also Fabregas, who has normally been good in terms of positional sense in the other big games was shocking too as Jason said in another thread (or this one fuck knows), I'm not saying Matic should be dropped or sold or whatever the fuck or he isn't good enough but if anyone is gonna stick up for him and say he played well or relatively half decent is having nothing but a fucking laugh. Hence the point why I said when he's good he's good but when he's bad he's truly awful. Never said he was awful or not go enough or anything but yet again if you criticize someone who had a poor game despite having a good season so far, you're made to be some sort of dick who thinks they are shite or something.

Even great players are allowed bad games. Messi has probably had more bad games this season than Matic. Matic is a world class DM and yes I still would say he is the best. Busquets has had some average/poor games for Barca in the last couple seasons. Matic performances this season has been excellent and that was an off-day for him. If you are going to use this game as a reason to back your point about him not being better than the aforementioned names you will need to find a successive amount of games where he has been poor which you will not be able to do.

That wasn't the initial point you were making though. This is exactly what you said.......

It was a laughably absurd comment and now that people have rightly called you up on it you're backtracking.

I'm getting very sick and tired of certain members on here (and you know who are) who carry on as if it's this great travesty to call Matic the best DM. If you don't think Matic is one of the best or the best in his position, then fair enough. That's your opinion, but don't act like people on here are "getting carried away" by thinking he is. Many pundits and neutrals who have watched Matic play for Benfica and Chelsea unanimously agree that he is one of the best in his position. Considering that Busquets has been playing poorly for more than a season now, Javi Martinez (even when he was fit) hasn't consistently played in the DM position ever since Pep took over at Bayern, Mascherano is used more as a centre back for Barca than a DM...... so there is a very strong legitimate claim to say that Matic is right now the best DM. It isn't by any means a stretch to say he is. So spare us all the whole "wow you guys are overrating him" nonsense, please.

To be honest, I could not read TC everyday for months because it has been a very busy year.

But I was shocked when I realized right now that some members are saying he is our best player this season, or even the best DM in the world. Outside here its hard to see anyone praising him THAT much.