The Mourinho Thread

All well and true maybe, but why does Neville or any other pundit not have the balls to stick their necks out and speak about the action that elicited a reaction from Mourinho? Was it a foul? Did Fabregas dive? If he didn't, shouldn't the yellow be rescinded? Why not speak about these issues?

It gets on my nerves how everything he says after we drop points is seen as mind games. Why can't it simply be him telling it how he sees it. Many Chelsea fans had the same feeling too that the referee was influenced by Cahill and Ivanovic's dive and the attention it received. It's very dissappointing when some Chelsea fans see it as mind games as well. It's not mind games or some clever attempt to divert attention away from the result, if he's telling the truth even if it has similar effect, I'm sure it's unintended.

Fabregas doesn't get booked and probably would have been awarded the penalty if there wasn't a huge media focus on our players recent diving antics. fact.

Haven't said that we brought it on ourselves and ivanovic is an idiot.

But this is all incorrect because it is based on this single sentence that is completely false:

"Complicit in all this is the media. If Mourinho’s comments had been dismissed as another attempt, by a master of the art, to influence the public debate they would not be as effective."

That is not at the case because ALL the papers today are talking about Jose playing mind games and no one about the fact that we would have had 2 extra points if it weren't for a terrible refereeing decision, and that, while most of the previous bookings for diving for our players have been correct, no one makes nearly as much fuss when players from rival teams dive and often escape bookings even though the ref does not give a foul.

I said in the match thread, I have no complains about not getting the pen because our players have been diving recently, but other teams should be treated in the same manner. It is a campaign when the media only talks about the incidents involving us and not about Yaya Toure or Sterling diving almost every match, or Mane faking injury 3 times in the last 10 minutes yesterday and the ref only giving 4 added minutes, or the fact that opposition are actively trying to injure our players.

All well and true maybe, but why does Neville or any other pundit not have the balls to stick their necks out and speak about the action that elicited a reaction from Mourinho? Was it a foul? Did Fabregas dive? If he didn't, shouldn't the yellow be rescinded? Why not speak about these issues?

i think they did. i mean i saw the post match show of andy townsend and he totally stuck up for us and cesc. infact right after the game and even before the jose pre-match came out, he said the exact thing that the ref's decision to book cesc was premeditated.

José Mourinho is a genius, and anyone that doesn't recognise that is an idiot.

His tirade yesterday means the next referee to deny us a penalty will be publicly be torn to pieces. He is intimidating referees in the same way Sir Alex did.

Give this excellent article a read: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/chelsea-penalty-appeals-could-be-swayed-by-jose-mourinho-rant-over-cesc-fabregas-incident-9947999.html

Genius about not standing up from the beginning and cutting the problem to the root?

He should have criticized Ivan and Cahill for the dive and said something like "that's something we don't tolerate".

Instead he acted ignorant saying that he didn't see it....

Now when we get screw he decides to talk....

Like I said before a bunch of nonsense that frankly I don't care anymore from him.

He's an awesome coach, but most stuff he says is nothing of greatness.

The problem was there from the beginning for us to see, clearly it was something some of us had anticipated.

Now on to the real problem besides the diving and that's our rotation.

We do very little rotation, and the players we have to rotate are not as good.

Schurrle, Salah cannot give us a good game.

And those are the areas that continue to be overworked in Oscar, Hazard and Wililian.

The replacements are just very woeful at this moment.

It gets on my nerves how everything he says after we drop points is seen as mind games. Why can't it simply be him telling it how he sees it. Many Chelsea fans had the same feeling too that the referee was influenced by Cahill and Ivanovic's dive and the attention it received. It's very dissappointing when some Chelsea fans see it as mind games as well. It's not mind games or some clever attempt to divert attention away from the result, if he's telling the truth even if it has similar effect, I'm sure it's unintended.

Fabregas doesn't get booked and probably would have been awarded the penalty if there wasn't a huge media focus on our players recent diving antics. fact.

Haven't said that we brought it on ourselves and ivanovic is an idiot.

Not everything is mind games, I think criticism of the ref was telling it how it is, however going as far as saying people are building a campaign against us does have some ulterior motive to it.

Scored 9 goals in our first 2 league away games this season; Netted only 10 in following 8. No back-to-back away wins since August. This is somewhat worrying.

B6A8ek2CIAAFmVS.png

Everton game is a freak, happen once every 5 years or something. Also we only really gone forward a lot because Everton was hitting goals back continuously straight away. If it was for example 3-1 after 75th mins we would have parked it and play safe, but they scored twice after we scored twice so we continued to go forward. In the other games the other teams couldn't score as much so around 65-70th min we start to sit back and defend mostly.

Referee Anthony Taylor apologised to Jose Mourinho for booking Cesc Fabregas for diving instead of awarding penalty

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2890588/Referee-Anthony-Taylor-apologised-Jose-Mourinho-failing-award-penalty-Cesc-Fabregas-trip-Southampton.html#ixzz3NKgYNsXR
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Taylor is understood to have shouted down the officials’ headset: “Not a pen, not a pen, simulation.”

But Cann shouted: “It is definitely not simulation.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/assistant-referee-said-chelseas-cesc-4890932

It's really disgusting to see how take weeks the newspapers saying every day that our players take to the pool and simulated. They are the ones who attacked us for our alleged violence when we play and how they have persecuted Diego Costa.

With all those campaigns of lies about our team they just looking for a way in order to condition referees decisions,. Yes, OK, If we had now 10 points ahead of Manchester City's Premier League would be very boring ... But if Mourrinho not come to warn that we are not stupid and we know what happens, they would follow throwing lies about us.

I feel very proud watching my bench and watching Jose Mourinho who is not afraid to defend his team.

_74475524_74474959.jpg

One of us

Taylor is understood to have shouted down the officials’ headset: “Not a pen, not a pen, simulation.” But Cann shouted: “It is definitely not simulation.”

This reminds me of the Ramires penalty incident vs. United in the CL a few years ago - the official behind the goal said it was a penalty but the referee overruled him.

Scored 9 goals in our first 2 league away games this season; Netted only 10 in following 8. No back-to-back away wins since August. This is somewhat worrying.

B6A8ek2CIAAFmVS.png

I honestly don't see anything concerning.

We played both Manchester teams and Liverpool away in addition to Newcastle and Southampton in that run. I wouldn't care less if we win 0x1 most of our away games, I don't care about it and I don't think that's where we should and will build and improve our GD.

Actually looking at those away fixtures I'm more than happy with the 19 points we got out of 30 possible, especially with 100% points won at home.

B6A8ek2CIAAFmVS.png

The biggest issue imo is our inability to keep clean sheets away from home - 2 out of 10 is really poor. A rather simplified breakdown:

Burnley - set piece, Terry individual error: failing to play offside trap

Everton - midfield porous and disorganised pressing

Palace - Filipe Luis individual error - lunging in when 1v1

City - Schurrle & Ivanovic individual errors - failure to track opponent's run

United - set piece, Ivanovic and arguably Zouma individual errors

Liverpool - midfield porous, disorganised pressing, defence unwilling to step up

Newcastle - individual errors from Cahill and Mikel

Southampton - Terry individual error: failing to play offside trap

Tactical and individual errors are inevitable because footballers (and Jose) are human after all but we tend to make a major one in every away game.

Referee Anthony Taylor apologised to Jose Mourinho for booking Cesc Fabregas for diving instead of awarding penalty

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2890588/Referee-Anthony-Taylor-apologised-Jose-Mourinho-failing-award-penalty-Cesc-Fabregas-trip-Southampton.html#ixzz3NKgYNsXR

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Taylor is understood to have shouted down the officials’ headset: “Not a pen, not a pen, simulation.”

But Cann shouted: “It is definitely not simulation.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/assistant-referee-said-chelseas-cesc-4890932

First article I've read that is actually about the incident and not completely about Jose's comments.

I honestly don't see anything concerning.

We played both Manchester teams and Liverpool away in addition to Newcastle and Southampton in that run. I wouldn't care less if we win 0x1 most of our away games, I don't care about it and I don't think that's where we should and will build and improve our GD.

Actually looking at those away fixtures I'm more than happy with the 19 points we got out of 30 possible, especially with 100% points won at home.

You can make excuses (I mean in a good way) for the two games in Manchester and the one at Liverpool but not sure about the others. Not saying we should be scoring plenty of goals to build up our goal difference but if we don't start getting more clinical in front of goal, then we are always living on a knife edge and giving opposition a chance of getting something against us, especially when we can't even keep clean sheet on the road. Case in point being the game at Newcastle or even Southampton. Not to mention, the more we drop silly points away from home, the more pressure there will be on us to win the home games, because let's face it, we aren't going to win all 19 matches at the Bridge.

The biggest issue imo is our inability to keep clean sheets away from home - 2 out of 10 is really poor. A rather simplified breakdown:

Burnley - set piece, Terry individual error: failing to play offside trap

Everton - midfield porous and disorganised pressing

Palace - Filipe Luis individual error - lunging in when 1v1

City - Schurrle & Ivanovic individual errors - failure to track opponent's run

United - set piece, Ivanovic and arguably Zouma individual errors

Liverpool - midfield porous, disorganised pressing, defence unwilling to step up

Newcastle - individual errors from Cahill and Mikel

Southampton - Terry individual error: failing to play offside trap

Tactical and individual errors are inevitable because footballers (and Jose) are human after all but we tend to make a major one in every away game.

That is true but like I said to Barbara above, if we don't start taking our chances in front of goal, then we are always going to give opposition a chance of taking something against us. The game at Newcastle is an example - we didn't score from the many opportunities we had in the first half and then got sucker punched, twice, in the second.

That is true but like I said to Barbara above, if we don't start taking our chances in front of goal, then we are always going to give opposition a chance of taking something against us. The game at Newcastle is an example - we didn't score from the many opportunities we had in the first half and then got sucker punched, twice, in the second.

There is almost an inevitability when we keep missing chances that we will concede but that hasn't actually happened too many times this season. The Newcastle game was one example - the game became stretched as we became more desperate looking for a goal and conceded on the break. In the vast majority of cases, however, we've conceded in a normal phase of the game where we should still have defensive stability (Burnley, Everton, Liverpool, Southampton) or when we've tried to shut up shop (Palace, City, United). It is very concerning and imo our defensive system just isn't that good as we allow the opposition near our box, where individual errors are costly, too easily and too often.

I think Jose is under some serious pressure right now and the difference between him and first time round is noticeable...

He used to have an air of utmost confidence, not seeing that at the minute and his team selections have been poor.

He's still the right man for the job, but this not winning anything has seriously put a monkey on his back

Just hope we can win the worthless cup quickly and then it will be gone and his confidence will bounce back, followed by a decent FA Cip run and the league - anything in the CL will be icing on the cake.

Need a good result against the Spuds - that will give us the lift we need right now... A 3-0 win would be perfect ;)