The Mourinho Thread

You must be talking about Rafa. He's the only manager to stand up to and effectively cause the removal of owners and directors who were destroying his club. He is also the only manager to stand up to Ferguson and his Mafia in the Premierle League and Media. . Mourinho kisses asses to get a job, and keeps kissing until he is well into the job when he picks a fight with the owner and runs away with a big pay-off. Name me one director or owner Mourinho has "got rid of". .

I've already mentioned his limitations: 1. Failure to manage within a normal budget 2. Failure to manage average talents 3. Failure to find and develop´and play young talent 4. Restricted range of tactics - relying mainly on heavy defence. 5. Emphasis on self - "the my team" complex which frankly sounds a bit ridiculous from a guy who has never played professorial football.. 6. Waspish tongue which takes a club into the gutter and causes adverse reactions - and, in general petty,jealous disposition which affects the players and damages the image of the club. 7. His emotional manner of "bonding" with players and his abrupt dismissal of any who don't want to "bond" with him.

His trophies are to be expected considering he only takes on jobs where the owners have recently spent a hundred million or more and prepared to spend more for him and where previous managers, like Ranieri at Chelsea, have developed a fine team for him to takeover.

The idea of such a person building a dynasty is laughable.

Disliked in Spain" - Probably because he is Portuguese and the Spanish are renown for their Xenophobic nature, he took the league title off the self proclaimed 'not just a football club' and 'best team in the world', and doesn't let the Spanish nationals rule the club the way previous occupants of the role have done.

"Limitations" - Are you referring to limitations such as winning 7 league championships in 4 different countries or perhaps the Champions League with 2 clubs, or the knock out cup Competitions in each of the four countries he's managed in. I'd dearly love to have a Manager with those 'limitations' right now, you're putting your money on RB, a fella who wrecked that red mob by trying to get Gareth Barry in place of Xabi Alonso, now if you want to discuss limitations let's start closer to home right now with RB.

Directors of Football - The most successful clubs of recent years (the last 20 years) in the Premier League haven't had Director of Football anywhere near them, they're part of an overrated continental model of running a club. Name me one good and successful one in the UK. Of course they don't want him near them, he'll have them out of their cosy, highly paid, responsible for next to nothing jobs in a moment.

You must be talking about Rafa. He's the only manager to stand up to and effectively cause the removal of owners and directors who were destroying his club. He is also the only manager to stand up to Ferguson and his Mafia in the Premierle League and Media. . Mourinho kisses asses to get a job, and keeps kissing until he is well into the job when he picks a fight with the owner and runs away with a big pay-off. Name me one director or owner Mourinho has "got rid of". .

I've already mentioned his limitations: 1. Failure to manage within a normal budget 2. Failure to manage average talents 3. Failure to find and develop´and play young talent 4. Restricted range of tactics - relying mainly on heavy defence. 5. Emphasis on self - "the my team" complex which frankly sounds a bit ridiculous from a guy who has never played professorial football.. 6. Waspish tongue which takes a club into the gutter and causes adverse reactions - and, in general petty,jealous disposition which affects the players and damages the image of the club. 7. His emotional manner of "bonding" with players and his abrupt dismissal of any who don't want to "bond" with him.

His trophies are to be expected considering he only takes on jobs where the owners have recently spent a hundred million or more and prepared to spend more for him and where previous managers, like Ranieri at Chelsea, have developed a fine team for him to takeover.

The idea of such a person building a dynasty is laughable.

Disliked in Spain" - Probably because he is Portuguese and the Spanish are renown for their Xenophobic nature, he took the league title off the self proclaimed 'not just a football club' and 'best team in the world', and doesn't let the Spanish nationals rule the club the way previous occupants of the role have done.

You cite Spanish Xenophobia - is that a bit like calling someone " a fat Spanish waiter". ??

You cite Spanish Xenophobia - is that a bit like calling someone " a fat Spanish waiter". ??
No, I'd say that suggests people think he could do with losing some timber, he's Spanish - fact, and he bears a bit of a resemblance to a certain Spanish waiter.

To your previous post, your tactic of ask another question to a question just doesn't cut it, you can't answer the original question and you know you can't. The thing is and unlike yourself I can usually back up comments I make, Jose ousting a DofF, try Jorge Valdano at Real Madrid.

Your opinions are your own conjecture and have no factual basis and as such are fairly meaningless, unlike Jose's achievements. They must cut like a knife to you, especially given your liking for RB.

You keep prattling on about 'a dynasty', it's clear that long-term for us now is 3 years+ and thus far since RA has owned the club we've been the most successful English club. You seriously think that'll change, even if PG gets the gig? If its a 'dynasty' you're dreaming of, there's more that needs to change at the club than just a manager.

Not knowing any fat, Spanish waiters - most of them are slim - and not knowing the "certain" Spanish waiter you are referring to -. it does seem that spitting out the word "Spanish" with such venom as though it were an insult is Xenophobic and " Little Engerland", isn't it? It reflects the narrow world-view of those who only know Spain from a 3-5 days break drinking Watney's Brown Ale and eating fish and chips out of their hands in the Costa del Sol. Using your argument, I guess we have to say that you and your type are jealous of Rafa for all his achievements and stung by the effectiveness of his mind games against Mourino when Rafa was at LFC. You don't hear the LFC supporters whinging about Mourinho's insults three or four years later.

No, I'd say that suggests people think he could do with losing some timber, he's Spanish - fact, and he bears a bit of a resemblance to a certain Spanish waiter.

To your previous post, your tactic of ask another question to a question just doesn't cut it, you can't answer the original question and you know you can't. The thing is and unlike yourself I can usually back up comments I make, Jose ousting a DofF, try Jorge Valdano at Real Madrid.

Your opinions are your own conjecture and have no factual basis and as such are fairly meaningless, unlike Jose's achievements. They must cut like a knife to you, especially given your liking for RB.

You keep prattling on about 'a dynasty', it's clear that long-term for us now is 3 years+ and thus far since RA has owned the club we've been the most successful English club. You seriously think that'll change, even if PG gets the gig? If its a 'dynasty' you're dreaming of, there's more that needs to change at the club than just a manager.

Whilst I don't agree with everything with Rupert says, I do think people who want Jose to return need to ask themselves why.

Do they think he'll stick around for more than 3 years? Do they think he'll start this conveyor belt of youth talent that everyone else at the club is aiming for?

Are we looking for a short-term fixed based on massive expenditure that puts us in a hole or do we want something sustainable?

Ultimately do some people like the idea of going back to 2005 rather than the reality of having Mourinho as manager in 2013, where FFP and soft wage caps might be the norm?

let me ask you one question from my heart do you belive any manager will last here for three years??

i want him back beause he is one of the top coaches in the world and he love chelsea.i would take pep but he is my first choice.

nomatter whoever manages chelsea we will always buy expensive players as long as roman is the boss,we all need to understand that. some of you guys think if pep becomes our manger roman is going to give all his powers magically to him will need a reality check.

even if jose comeback im not going to say he will be here for enternity ,there is only one SAF.but he will make us strong again the man is a great motivator.he will surely make these young players more tough and strong..

if you say pep can be succesful with chelsea as a PLASTIC chelsea fan i would shout JOSE can become more succesful...

and fuck RAFA

let me ask you one question from my heart do you belive any manager will last here for three years??

i want him back beause he is one of the top coaches in the world and he love chelsea.i would take pep but he is my first choice.

nomatter whoever manages chelsea we will always buy expensive players as long as roman is the boss,we all need to understand that. some of you guys think if pep becomes our manger roman is going to give all his powers magically to him will need a reality check.

even if jose comeback im not going to say he will be here for enternity ,there is only one SAF.but he will make us strong again the man is a great motivator.he will surely make these young players more tough and strong..

if you say pep can be succesful with chelsea as a PLASTIC chelsea fan i would shout JOSE can become more succesful...

and fuck RAFA

I think we could get four years out of Pep, but I think we have a better chance of establishing something sustainable with him. The club is geared towards taking that step now and whilst we'll always buy some expensive players, it's a strategy we'll use less and less and mainly for 'marquee signings'.

Mourinho is a great manager but his speciality is taking teams close to the top and pushing them over, which is why i think he'd be ideal for Man City. What we're looking for is a coach to build something new and essentially take us away from the Mourinho team.

Not knowing any fat, Spanish waiters - most of them are slim - and not knowing the "certain" Spanish waiter you are referring to -. it does seem that spitting out the word "Spanish" with such venom as though it were an insult is Xenophobic and " Little Engerland", isn't it? It reflects the narrow world-view of those who only know Spain from a 3-5 days break drinking Watney's Brown Ale and eating fish and chips out of their hands in the Costa del Sol. Using your argument, I guess we have to say that you and your type are jealous of Rafa for all his achievements and stung by the effectiveness of his mind games against Mourino when Rafa was at LFC. You don't hear the LFC supporters whinging about Mourinho's insults three or four years later.

Still not answered the question then? Never thought you would, because you can't. As you're keen on applying 'types', I'll have a stab at picking a type for you, try Narcissist. Try RAWK for their JM thread, they're still bitter about them personally abusing him at the Carling Cup Final and being told to shush! A bit of advice that you might well take heed of.

Jose Mourinho has reopened his long-term feud with Rafael Benitez by suggesting the Spaniard's mind was elsewhere when Chelsea lost to Corinthians in the final of the FIFA Club World Cup last weekend.

Mourinho has been widely tipped to leave the Bernabeu in the summer, with Benitez mentioned as a possible replacement.

The former Liverpool boss even hinted that he has had contact with the Primera Liga champions by claiming: "I know things, but I am not going to say anything about Real Madrid because I don't think I should."

That triggered a response from Mourinho, who said: "As a Chelsea fan, all I can say is that I hope he wasn't thinking about Real Madrid during the Corinthians game."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8351173/Jose-Mourinho-hits-back-at-Rafael-Benitez-over-Real-Madrid-comments

I dunno about you guys, but I would gladly take a job swap at the end of the season!

We need José back as soon as possible. Under him we were a serious threat for any team and Stamford Bridge was our Blue Fortress where we were unbeatable. Nowadays many teams aren't afraid of playing at the Bridge.

José has given hints of his comeback in some interviews. He will leave R.Madrid at the end of the season, so why not join Chelsea again? We have a lot of young talents and he can have more funds to make the team look like he wants.

José, come back!

3. Failure to find and develop´and play young talent

Correct me if im wrong but didn't Mikel and Diarra get chances under Jose as a teenager? infact didn't the latter get more chances under Jose than he did under "amazing youth developer" Arsene?

This Malaga game feels a lot like AVB's game against Napoli, as well as the last days of Mourinho's reign at the Bridge.

Yeah i was just thinking that, but they've just scored.

Doesn't change the fact the team have been really under-performing though, it's up to the people at Madrid whether they want Mourinho to lead this group in the quest for 'La Decima' or a new manager who might perhaps lift the morale.