• Matic (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think we should stake all our hopes on the type of goals we got today . havent seen theirs ,believe one might have been offside but the others were good . Nice try at humour tho

It's got nothing to do with humour, it's a "if your granny had bollocks she'd be your granda" situation.

The first mistake was capitalised on by Willian who saw it and pounced. The second came from being in and around the area and trying to attack.

They aren't great goals and nobody is going to remember this game, but we scored two goals because we were having a go. It's not like the keeper just turned round and tapped them in to his own net.

the only positive - we won. except for that, nothing.

begovic - nothing to do really. 7/10

baba - atrocious first half. very nervous. but a very good 2nd half. defended well in the 2nd half. and we did not concede with only 3 tall players despite villa having some set pieces. hmmm strange. 2/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the 2nd.

JT - covered brilliantly for baba. was really good. him in and iva out, and we keep a clean sheet. who would have thought, right jose? 9/10

zouma - another brilliant game from the young man. 7/10

azpi - why the fuck does he give so many fucks? i mean take a leaf out of cesc's book. on a serious note. brilliant. iva would have been raped by grelish and we would have dropped points for sure. 9/10

rambo - poor passing. but brilliant pressing. his tackle won the ball for the 2nd goal. decent performance. 6/10

cesc - and the fraud does it again. yet he plays 90minutes. the last play where he simply slept on the ball right outside the villa last 3rd was a perfect example of his game. shit. poor. atrocious. and yet he keeps playing 90mins. 2/10

willian - single handedly keeping jose in CFC. brilliant in every aspect. our best player since january despite great minds like gilvorak saying that he is bang average. 10/10

RLC - dont know why he was taken out. good pace, good pressing, has some good skills with the ball. needs to do a bit more in tracking back, but when the person replacing you is cesc, u have to wonder, was he worse than cesc in covering, oh hell no. 7/10

pedro - selfish. poor. but needs to be given time to settle in. 5/10

costa - one of our better players on the pitch. not for the goal or the OG, but for a change he wanted to play football than fight. 8/10

subs -

matic - mid looked far far more ecure with him on the pitch. surprising? not for me.

we still have not scored a goal from a proper attack. anyways, a win is a win.

Mate every single rating and review is spot on! Give this man a payrise ??

all that matters is 3 points .. lucky but the table won't say that.. Performance .. I wont comment or I will be called negative

I'll say it for you.......A poor Guzan kick out gifts us the first goal. A very lucky deflection gifts us the second goal. We created nothing. How many real chances did we make? How many times did we break through to test their keeper? How many dangerous crosses did we send in? None to my memory (but I'm old :angry: ) And this was against bloody Aston Villa!!!!! The whipping boys of the league.

Granted, it's great to get the win, but if we had lost at home to Villa with the squad we have, what would you all be saying? and Mourinho would definitely have to go. We were nowhere near the classy free-flowing football we played in the first half of last season. Next two league matches will measure how much we have improved....West Ham away and then Liverpool at home. I will judge after those. Sorry if this sounds negative, but I saw a spark of recovery, not a raging fire.

I'll say it for you.......A poor Guzan kick out gifts us the first goal. A very lucky deflection gifts us the second goal. We created nothing. How many real chances did we make? How many times did we break through to test their keeper? How many dangerous crosses did we send in? None to my memory (but I'm old :angry: ) And this was against bloody Aston Villa!!!!! The whipping boys of the league.

Granted, it's great to get the win, but if we had lost at home to Villa with the squad we have, what would you all be saying? and Mourinho would definitely have to go. We were nowhere near the classy free-flowing football we played in the first half of last season. Next two league matches will measure how much we have improved....West Ham away and then Liverpool at home. I will judge after those. Sorry if this sounds negative, but I saw a spark of recovery, not a raging fire.

Thanks

So depressing watching Arsenal and City play and seeing how dull we are. I know we won but I want to see flair and some excitement. Our style of football from start to front has become so poor. Do we actually have any FB that are naturally attacking? Hazard being dropped because of his defensive performances apparently. He is on 0 goals. Is that because of his form or because of the way Mourinho is setting up the team? I think the latter. We are not getting the best our of our players.

I am still skeptical of this current team tbh. We won 2-0 and were very comfortable but how many clear cut chances are we creating? Our first goal came from a Villa defensive error. But really Arsenal or City at home would be battering Villa. Just look at what having a natural RB does for a team. Bellerin constantly caused havoc to that Watford defence and it was his individual brilliance that got them the third goal. We lack this and it holds us back big time.

It says a lot when our top scorer in the league is Own goals. We need to create more from back to front.

I know it comes across as me being pessimistic and so on when we won but we have seen this before and got back to square one. Look at the stats. We had 9 shots, they had 8 while we had 3 shots on target compared to their 1. We should be blowing this team away. Not squeezing our way through, especially when we are the home team

Look at Arsenal away at Watford. 17 bloody shots on goal while they dominated possession hugely. They have their identity set up and know how to open teams up. We seem clueless a lot of times. Then look at City now. 15 shots and 11 on target and that is without both LB who were injured and had Sagna playing at LB. Then also not to add to the fact that Silva and Aguero were both injured. Just tells the story and the table does not lie.

Happy with the win but as stated I would be lying if I said I thought we were on the right step. We still seem to get dominated in certain parts of the games against much inferior opponents. We have most of our outfield team fit and have not been convincing. Big few games ahead to see how much the team have actually improved.

the only positive - we won. except for that, nothing.

begovic - nothing to do really. 7/10

baba - atrocious first half. very nervous. but a very good 2nd half. defended well in the 2nd half. and we did not concede with only 3 tall players despite villa having some set pieces. hmmm strange. 2/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the 2nd.

JT - covered brilliantly for baba. was really good. him in and iva out, and we keep a clean sheet. who would have thought, right jose? 9/10

zouma - another brilliant game from the young man. 7/10

azpi - why the fuck does he give so many fucks? i mean take a leaf out of cesc's book. on a serious note. brilliant. iva would have been raped by grelish and we would have dropped points for sure. 9/10

rambo - poor passing. but brilliant pressing. his tackle won the ball for the 2nd goal. decent performance. 6/10

cesc - and the fraud does it again. yet he plays 90minutes. the last play where he simply slept on the ball right outside the villa last 3rd was a perfect example of his game. shit. poor. atrocious. and yet he keeps playing 90mins. 2/10

willian - single handedly keeping jose in CFC. brilliant in every aspect. our best player since january despite great minds like gilvorak saying that he is bang average. 10/10

RLC - dont know why he was taken out. good pace, good pressing, has some good skills with the ball. needs to do a bit more in tracking back, but when the person replacing you is cesc, u have to wonder, was he worse than cesc in covering, oh hell no. 7/10

pedro - selfish. poor. but needs to be given time to settle in. 5/10

costa - one of our better players on the pitch. not for the goal or the OG, but for a change he wanted to play football than fight. 8/10

subs -

matic - mid looked far far more ecure with him on the pitch. surprising? not for me.

we still have not scored a goal from a proper attack. anyways, a win is a win.

I disagree with most of your rating especially Fabregas and RLC.

1. Begovic - 6: Had nothing really to do.

2. Dave - 6.5: Made a mistake in the first half allowing a low dangerous cross that almost caused a goal. Overall, very solid as usual.

3. Terry - 7: Very solid defensive performance, should have done better with his first half header at the other end of the pitch.

4. Zouma - 6.5: Solid defensive performance. Questionable positioning at times.

5. Baba - 5: Terrible first half defensively, wayward passes but much more solid in the second half. Overall average. Needs more time to settle in

6. Ramires - 6: Added much needed pace to the defensive midfield, was almost everywhere, wayward passes most of the times, lucky not to be booked.

7. RLC - 6: Good on the ball, average off it. Occasional wrong passes. Him and Cesc failed to control the possession part of the game.

8. Cesc - 5.5: Failed to control the game. Lost possession occasionally. Wonderful pass for the second goal.

9. Pedro - 5: Did some defensive work, showed passion and energy but was mostly too selfish and indecisive. Average.

10. William - 7.5: Another MOTM performance. A real workhorse. Passion, energy and decisiveness. Unselfish for first goal. Lost possession occasionally though.

11. Costa - 7: Took his chances, lucky for the second. Limited by poor service.

Subs:

12. Matic - 6.5: Brought more calmness to the defensive midfield, limited all Villa's chances to almost zero in the second half.

13. Hazard - 6: Had limited time to impose himself on the game.

14. Remy - N/A

I disagree with most of your rating especially Fabregas and RLC.

1. Begovic - 6: Had nothing really to do.

2. Dave - 6.5: Made a mistake in the first half allowing a low dangerous cross that almost caused a goal. Overall, very solid as usual.

3. Terry - 7: Very solid defensive performance, should have done better with his first half header at the other end of the pitch.

4. Zouma - 6.5: Solid defensive performance. Questionable positioning at times.

5. Baba - 5: Terrible first half defensively, wayward passes but much more solid in the second half. Overall average. Needs more time to settle in

6. Ramires - 6: Added much needed pace to the defensive midfield, was almost everywhere, wayward passes most of the times, lucky not to be booked.

7. RLC - 6: Good on the ball, average off it. Occasional wrong passes. Him and Cesc failed to control the possession part of the game.

8. Cesc - 5.5: Failed to control the game. Lost possession occasionally. Wonderful pass for the second goal.

9. Pedro - 5: Did some defensive work, showed passion and energy but was mostly too selfish and indecisive. Average.

10. William - 7.5: Another MOTM performance. A real workhorse. Passion, energy and decisiveness. Unselfish for first goal. Lost possession occasionally though.

11. Costa - 7: Took his chances, lucky for the second. Limited by poor service.

Subs:

12. Matic - 6.5: Brought more calmness to the defensive midfield, limited all Villa's chances to almost zero in the second half.

13. Hazard - 6: Had limited time to impose himself on the game.

14. Remy - N/A

Actually there is a very close correlation between your rankings and his .. His are merely higher on average ,, but try a Spearsman test on them

If we was playing any other team in the league i think we would have dropped points again. we got lucky twice, we didnt create anything really. We may have won but i think thats just sugar coating how poor we was again alos Villa being worse than us helps.

We got two really hard away games coming up! Can see us drawing in the week and West Ham turning us over