• Ramires
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Willian
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)
    • Remy (sub)

Wasn't the worst performance I've seen, still a lot to improve on though. Still, 3 points and a clean sheet, that's a start. I wasn't expecting any radical change, but the result needed to come any way it could.

Outstanding player of the game Willian no doubt. Props to Diego, Ramires and Cesar too, worked their asses off. Baba shaky at first, much better in second half. RLC looked good, but Jose probably saw him as a defensive liability, hence Matic came on to protect the 1-0 and we were more solid defensively with Matic. Disappointment of the game must be Pedro for me, didn't offer anything going forward and I felt he should have been taken off at 65 minute mark for Hazard.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only positive - we won. except for that, nothing.

begovic - nothing to do really. 7/10

baba - atrocious first half. very nervous. but a very good 2nd half. defended well in the 2nd half. and we did not concede with only 3 tall players despite villa having some set pieces. hmmm strange. 2/10 for the first half, 7/10 for the 2nd.

JT - covered brilliantly for baba. was really good. him in and iva out, and we keep a clean sheet. who would have thought, right jose? 9/10

zouma - another brilliant game from the young man. 7/10

azpi - why the fuck does he give so many fucks? i mean take a leaf out of cesc's book. on a serious note. brilliant. iva would have been raped by grelish and we would have dropped points for sure. 9/10

rambo - poor passing. but brilliant pressing. his tackle won the ball for the 2nd goal. decent performance. 6/10

cesc - and the fraud does it again. yet he plays 90minutes. the last play where he simply slept on the ball right outside the villa last 3rd was a perfect example of his game. shit. poor. atrocious. and yet he keeps playing 90mins. 2/10

willian - single handedly keeping jose in CFC. brilliant in every aspect. our best player since january despite great minds like gilvorak saying that he is bang average. 10/10

RLC - dont know why he was taken out. good pace, good pressing, has some good skills with the ball. needs to do a bit more in tracking back, but when the person replacing you is cesc, u have to wonder, was he worse than cesc in covering, oh hell no. 7/10

pedro - selfish. poor. but needs to be given time to settle in. 5/10

costa - one of our better players on the pitch. not for the goal or the OG, but for a change he wanted to play football than fight. 8/10

subs -

matic - mid looked far far more ecure with him on the pitch. surprising? not for me.

we still have not scored a goal from a proper attack. anyways, a win is a win.

Well, not the best performance but at least we won! We were much more solid in midfield when Matic came on, but I think Ramires should've been subbed instead of RLC. Oh and btw a clean sheet!

Really? I thought Ramires' energy and tackling were critical today. As you say though, delighted with the clean sheet. About time we stopped shipping goals.

People bashing Baba:

De Bruyne, Mata, Cuadrado....the list goes on. YOU NEED GAME TIME FFS. Give him a break. He is still waaaaaaaaaay better than Ivanovic. We have a cleansheet just when he started.

This.

Astonvilla came with the strategy of attacking ivanovic and crossing to their striker but just ivanovic absence put that easy way to create chances against Chelsea in the bin.

I wanted

1. Clean sheet

2. Open play goal

3. Win

4. Open play goal that isn't a mistake

5. Good football

Three down, two to go :rolleyes:

On a serious note. What the hell is up with our midfield?

Havent properly controlled a game this season. And we still cannot even carve out REAL chances.

When will this nightmare end? This is getting ridiculous.

Solution=

Matic

Oscar-RLC

Really? I thought Ramires' energy and tackling were critical today. As you say though, delighted with the clean sheet. About time we stopped shipping goals.

Yes that's true Ramires wasn't that bad, but I dont think him and Fabregas make a good pair in the pivot. RLC looked promising in the start but got abit isolated later due to Fabregas and Ramires loosing control of the midfield imo. I really want to see what Ruben can do in a midfield three together with Fabregas and Matic.

Yes that's true Ramires wasn't that bad, but I dont think him and Fabregas make a good pair in the pivot. RLC looked promising in the start but got abit isolated later due to Fabregas and Ramires loosing control of the midfield imo. I really want to see what Ruben can do in a midfield three together with Fabregas and Matic.

Think Fabregas is the weak point of those two. He's looked like he's been treading water this season leaving Matic making up his ground most of the time. Rami, Matic and another would be pretty solid I reckon. Really want to see more of RLC as well, pity he only got a half today. Still made an impression though.

Take away the goals and Man City aren't top of the league...

I dont think we should stake all our hopes on the type of goals we got today . havent seen theirs ,believe one might have been offside but the others were good . Nice try at humour tho

I dont think we should stake all our hopes on the type of goals we got today . havent seen theirs ,believe one might have been offside but the others were good . Nice try at humour tho

KdB's assist is a thing of beauty.

Think Fabregas is the weak point of those two. He's looked like he's been treading water this season leaving Matic making up his ground most of the time. Rami, Matic and another would be pretty solid I reckon. Really want to see more of RLC as well, pity he only got a half today. Still made an impression though.

Yeah, I agree Fabregas has been very poor, but without him we've got 0 creativity and no one capable of making long passes from midfield. Thats why I'd like us to play more of a 4-3-3 with Matic behind RLC/Ramires and Cesc.

On a serious note. What the hell is up with our midfield?

Havent properly controlled a game this season. And we still cannot even carve out REAL chances.

When will this nightmare end? This is getting ridiculous.

Ramires is not good for 'control' type of games, he is made for counter attack. Matic is worse than last season, and what most important Fabregas is awful now. Thats we cant control any game