Jase

Man of the Match  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we don't have our own Claude but this is a Claude-esque rant. Entertaining stuff.

Wonder what would happen if someone play this video in front of the whole team.

It's not only the 1-3 result.

I mean this could happen.

Last year for ex. 3-5 to Spurs, but we did play football and it was their lucky day, they were finding the gaps and kept scoring.

The performance was d-i-s-m-a-l.

Was it Chelsea or some semi amateur team from Eastern Europe ?

Some players are slower than the barges in the Thames.
That's the problem.

(*) Untited saw it fit to emulate Chelsea yesterday against the gooners - timid - lost from the dressing room

Chelsea's hallmark was always speed and skills.

Pool of the 70s-80s kicked the ball high in the air, but finding the net. So it was a case of morris dancers but good morris dancers. Other British teams have their own characteristic flavours.
This team is slow, since last year, including the early spell with the 9 consecutive wins.

Sooner or later that was bound to create problems.

A close family friend I know is one the top young refs in the country and has done quite a few 1st round FA Cup ties in the local area. He's very good friends with Robert Madley who officiated our game v Southampton on Saturday. This morning this family friend rang me, and whilst chatting he said he spoke to the ref from Saturday and after the game in the tunnel Falcao said to him "I thought I had you there"

For the record I thought the ref was correct.

A close family friend I know is one the top young refs in the country and has done quite a few 1st round FA Cup ties in the local area. He's very good friends with Robert Madley who officiated our game v Southampton on Saturday. This morning this family friend rang me, and whilst chatting he said he spoke to the ref from Saturday and after the game in the tunnel Falcao said to him "I thought I had you there"

For the record I though the ref was correct.

A professional footballer admitting to the ref that he dived after the match. Hmm ok.

• Dutch forward Arjen Robben admitted trying to con referee Pedro Proenca
  • Robben said: 'The one (at the end) was a penalty, but the other one was a dive in the first half'
  • Holland won penalty in 93rd minute to win 2-1 and move into quarter-final
  • Mexico manager Miguel Herrera branded Robben a 'cheat'

:philjones