Porto v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do people not get tired of constantly saying "Mourinho should/must/need to drop Ivanovic..." in every pre-match thread?

We all know that's not going to happen and the only way he's not going to get picked is if he's suspended or injured!

I've found a third option:

1274732693.jpg

For the love of all things holy, please play the best game of your lives and destroy Porto. It would be massive for Chelsea's confidence, allow us to breathe in the CL with progression in the group 99% guaranteed, and it would soothe my Benfica-loving bones knowing that those dirty asses are put in their place.

That being said, Porto are no walk in the park and Jose knows that so anyone expecting the same lineup that played against Tel Aviv are in for a surprise. I expect we will play a strong lineup with JT coming back to lead the team, Hazard to play, and Matic to play since he's familiar and has played fantastic against Porto in the past. I'm hoping RLC plays side by side with Matic as I think they would lineup well against Porto's midfield and give the back line enough cover. I cross my fingers that Cesc will be given a day off because Porto are speedy and I think he'd be too exposed, plus we all know Jose pencils him into the lineup in the league automatically.

Ivanovic is a tossup to play tactically because Porto would absolutely target him and would likely have good success, but Brana actually has some advantages against a team like Porto who are vulnerable on set pieces. He might actually pop a goal in off a corner and generally cause mayhem in their 18 so I can see him playing. I just hope the positives would outweigh the negatives. The other positive if Ivan shows up on the gamesheet before the whole forum melts down is that if he plays in the CL, then the likelihood of him being rested on the weekend goes way up. For everyone who would jump down Jose's throat the second the lineup is released ask yourselves a question - would you accept Ivan playing against Porto if it means he's benched for Southampton?

To me Loftus-Cheek must to start against Porto because he is the only player who can bring something new to our squad now (also Ramires and Willian, but in a different way).

Our big problem is that we are too predictable. Our midfield has no creativity and in this way is impossible to beat our rivals.

Loftus-Cheek would bring us that unpredictability in midfield, able to get the ball from the back to the opponent's area.

To me it does not matter the excuse of the youth because RLC is fully prepared to lead our midfield. Jose should take a step forward and definitely bet on him.

Ruben Loftus-Cheek is THE ANSWER

your rite what your saying mate I just cant see mourinho starting with RLC :(

Okay, says a lot...

about our current situation?

i mean i cant wait for our manager to put in the same team and underperformers match after match.

i cant wait for other teams to follow the same pattern of play to exploit the same weaknesses match after match.

i cant wait to watch the same shit unfolding match after match.

not a least bit interested in this match. mr. ego-maniac wont make any changes, our midfield will be over run. our RB will look worse than a college football player. we are going to lose.

Porto should be fun to watch though

not a least bit interested in this match. mr. ego-maniac wont make any changes, our midfield will be over run. our RB will look worse than a college football player. we are going to lose.

What kind of Chelsea fan can have no interest in a Chelsea match? A different kind to me that's for sure. Personally, I couldn't be uninterested even if I wanted to.

It's not for me to tell anyone else how to support their chosen team, or even who to support in the first place, but I do wonder if some people here wouldn't have been happier if fate had made them Arsenal fans. I think they would have been, but I suppose they're just as stuck with Chelsea as I am, so they have my sympathy.

Me, I'm Chelsea till I die. It's part of my identity and whether the team is fabulous or frighteningly frustrating they are my team and I support them always. That support is never uncritical, but it is always unmistakeable.