Porto v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we will win this one 1-0 - but with our current team its impossible to say. If we lose or draw I wouldn't be surprised like most of you have already said. Mourihno always talks about 'giving teams respect' - I hope he doesn't give them too much respect. Putting aside form completely and just looking at squads, this is a 3-0 game for chelsea...

An improvement.

I think we'll get a good result tonight (I would actually take a point considering this is our toughest fixture in the group - so, if we lose, we can be thankful it is early on with four games left to recover), take a lot of confidence into the weekend, beat Southampton, and look back on our last six games and smile about it all again.

i agree with everything that u said except for the last part.

i wont smile at this. "a bad run" can be down to many things.bad luck, bad refreeing, sometimes there can be no reason like a lot of our "winter slumps". but this bad run, i feel, was a 100% avoidable.

i have a strong feeling that we will end the season on a "what if" note.

If you're looking for good luck omens for this match.....this is NOT one: U19s blew a 3-0 lead against Porto U19 and drew 3-3. Worse Palmer was sent off after the comeback was complete.

I watched it; Palmer was sent off at 3-2.

hazard needs a break. cesc needs to be benched. iva needs to be reserved. i feel matic's poor performance have been exagerrated cos of cesc's defensive frailities and a massive defensive workload. i think any and every DM in the world would struggle right now playing for us. even if this team loses, i am sure they will give their all rather than cheaply folding over like we some of our players have been doing. but this is all a day-dream. we all know exactly what the line up is going to be despite of jose's "strong words"

Cesc played well against Tel Aviv, he will start in this one!
Hazard, don't know, he is clearly under performing, but who is better?

Mourinho:

"But if the season goes in one direction that it becomes closed, and we can't win, I will go just with the kids.
It makes no sense when you have nothing to win to play the older players. I'll play the players we're waiting for instead.
I can arrive in a moment where I will look to the kids and say, 'let's go, non-stop.' I am ruthless."

That were his "strong words", but we are not that far yet, everything is possible.

Maybe later we will see something like that, lol.

...................Traoré..............
Musonda.....Palmer......Kenedy
.........Colkett......Loftus-Cheek
Baba....Zouma...Salter...Aina
.................Begovic.............

My doctor even attested that watching Chelsea gives me physical pain. Because I worry so much after we lost a match, I subconsciously bite my teeths together all the time which spreads to my head. I am still gonna watch every game.

At the rate we're going you might have a job getting your head out of the house by the end of the season :yay:

Cesc played well against Tel Aviv, he will start in this one!

Hazard, don't know, he is clearly under performing, but who is better?

Mourinho:

That were his "strong words", but we are not that far yet, everything is possible.

Maybe later we will see something like that, lol.

...................Traoré..............

Musonda.....Palmer......Kenedy

.........Colkett......Loftus-Cheek

Baba....Zouma...Salter...Aina

.................Begovic.............

lets hope the scenario does not come to THAT.

also, if we are judging players on the tel aviv performance then RLC and baba both deserve starts.

Why are people hating on Oscar so much? His form is dependant on Cesc's and vice versa...Oscar, RLC, Ramires would be a stable midfield where Oscar gets to do what he can do best which is pressing and short-passing tiki taka with Eden whilst having the odd shot at goal every now and then.

Begovic

Azpilicueta Cahill Terry Baba

Ramires RLC

Willian Oscar Hazard

Remy