Porto v Chelsea

Jase

What kind of Chelsea fan can have no interest in a Chelsea match? A different kind to me that's for sure. Personally, I couldn't be uninterested even if I wanted to.

It's not for me to tell anyone else how to support their chosen team, or even who to support in the first place, but I do wonder if some people here wouldn't have been happier if fate had made them Arsenal fans. I think they would have been, but I suppose they're just as stuck with Chelsea as I am, so they have my sympathy.

Me, I'm Chelsea till I die. It's part of my identity and whether the team is fabulous or frighteningly frustrating they are my team and I support them always. That support is never uncritical, but it is always unmistakeable.

I can understand his emotion . Jose is destroying his club in his eyes .. He is as much a fan as you or I .. And I have stuck with them even longer than you .

SO DONT JUDGE HIM .. less you be judged

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand his emotion . Jose is destroying his club in his eyes .. He is as much a fan as you or I .. And I have stuck with them even longer than you .

SO DONT JUDGE HIM .. less you be judged

Please Judge away. :)

DDF seems to me to lack patience and perspective but I probably don't want to read what he thinks of me. :) :)

When you you start following the club ZY?

Edit: I've just read your profile and although the age given there makes you a fair bit older than me, I have, according to the 1975 date shown, been supporting Chels for 9 years longer than you.

no doubt a few fans on here would jump ship and support one of the Manchester clubs if Chelsea were to get relegated.

Cant wait for this game, i can see it being a very exciting game like Sporting Lisbon away last season, where we shoud have scored 4 or 5, i think we will open them up on the counter time after time, Hazard, Costa and Pedro will run riot.

Please Judge away. :)

DDF seems to me to lack patience and perspective but I probably don't want to read what he thinks of me. :) :)

When you you start following the club ZY?

Edit: I've just read your profile and although the age given there makes you a fair bit older than me, I have, according to the 1975 date shown, been supporting Chels for 9 years longer than you.

they were actually my second club when tommy doc was manager// the person you have criticised is as passionate if not more passionate than either of us .

I said I dont judge so dont try to trap me .

no doubt a few fans on here would jump ship and support one of the Manchester clubs if Chelsea were to get relegated.

Cant wait for this game, i can see it being a very exciting game like Sporting Lisbon away last season, where we shoud have scored 4 or 5, i think we will open them up on the counter time after time, Hazard, Costa and Pedro will run riot.

Well I stuck it out through one relegation and almost another to the old 3rd division .. BTW there are many here who mock Man city fans .. but I remember them relegated

to that division .. their average attendance was over 34000 .. I wonder IF YOU would be around in those circumstances

Well I stuck it out through one relegation and almost another to the old 3rd division .. BTW there are many here who mock Man city fans .. but I remember them relegated

to that division .. their average attendance was over 34000 .. I wonder IF YOU would be around in those circumstances

Wonder how much you moaned and complained back then. :lol:

What kind of Chelsea fan can have no interest in a Chelsea match? A different kind to me that's for sure. Personally, I couldn't be uninterested even if I wanted to.

It's not for me to tell anyone else how to support their chosen team, or even who to support in the first place, but I do wonder if some people here wouldn't have been happier if fate had made them Arsenal fans. I think they would have been, but I suppose they're just as stuck with Chelsea as I am, so they have my sympathy.

Me, I'm Chelsea till I die. It's part of my identity and whether the team is fabulous or frighteningly frustrating they are my team and I support them always. That support is never uncritical, but it is always unmistakeable.

there is a difference between support and interest. first of all, understand THAT.
I will support MY club tomorrow too and infact mo matter what happens i will support them.
but there is only so much interest a person can show.
what do i show interest in?
the same line up no matter how much we under-perform?
iva getting spanked again?
cesc-matic pivot getting over-run again?
probably since this is a "big-away" match, rambo getting shafted on the RW and having no idea what to do, again?
anyways, my interest in the game is as much "interest" the players and the manager showed against newcastle in the first half.
also, since u have said i lack perspective (patience, i agree). i would like u to elaborate on that. tell me your perspective of iva and cesc starting every game. tell me your perspective about there being absolutely no meritology in the squad. tell me your perspective on the total stagnantion of our attacking play.

they were actually my second club when tommy doc was manager// the person you have criticised is as passionate if not more passionate than either of us .

dont fool yourself, even if Chelsea was playing the best football on the planet, winning every game he would still find something to moan about.

I don't see any trap there, certainly not an intentional one. I simply mean that we are here giving our opinions and in doing so we leave others free to judge us if they so choose. In fact the comments we make contain judgements all the time though perhaps not of each other. My own judgement is that I am not given to attacking other members but perhaps others who have read my posts will have a different, and certainly more dispassionate, judgement about that too.

It is very interesting to see all the love for Ramires suddenly. 20 minutes of energy vs Newcastle really highlights the issues.

We all watch a lot of football I am sure, and over the past 6-9 months, our attack (if you want to call it that) bogs down to the slowest, most pathetic approach of all the clubs I have watched. Where it was often free flowing early last year, it has all but gone away. I love Hazard, but he can single handily kill a break sometimes or when we have the advantage with numbers, he walks the ball around until the other team is behind the ball. We are too patient at times and try to be too precise. I am not putting it all on Hazard, just using him as an example. Ramires and Willian came in and showed instant pace and tried to create, create anything. It earned us two goals.

We all can see it. The thinking before was to control possession, be methodical and hold the ball. With our brick wall back line, we could play for the one precise goal and the 1-0 result. Our back line now is like a bucket full of holes, so no need to show patience. The other team will get 2 or 3 goals. We need to play like Liverpool played with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling, by sending runners and creating opportunities. Do not get me wrong, we do not have a Suarez on this club, but we certainly have a Sturridge and Sterling. Turn them loose. There is just too much holding of the ball and pass it around the outside of the box. Ramires and Willian seemed to inspire the rest of the club with their pace Saturday. Bring it again tomorrow night. No need to wait.

The pace going forward is another reason we all like Kenedy and RLC as well. Pace! Make something happen lads! Someone said Jose is not an offensive strategist or mastermind. So far, it shows. We know he can park a bus, but can he flatten some things with a bus at full speed? Let's find out. I'd probably start Costa up top with Pedro-Willian-Kenedy just behind him. Put Ramires and RLC in midfield and let Ramires rough it up a bit. Then go with Azpi-JT-Cahill-Baba. Why not?

I am with this club through thick and thin. I watched all 90+ Saturday even with probably the worst first half performance by a Chelsea team in years (decades?). It is annoying to hear "plastic" when you wear your Chelsea gear here in the States. I am not and I know most of you on here are not as well. We are with the Chelsea win or lose, but FFS sort it out fellows! Turn them loose Jose. Let them play free flowing and openly.

That is all. Rant off.

Up with the Chels!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

I don't see any trap there, certainly not an intentional one. I simply mean that we are here giving our opinions and in doing so we leave others free to judge us if they so choose. In fact the comments we make contain judgements all the time though perhaps not of each other. My own judgement is that I am not given to attacking other members but perhaps others who have read my posts will have a different, and certainly more dispassionate, judgement about that too.

i would love to hear your judgement about "fans " such as blue fox and paq ,,have you met many in your time ,,

It is very interesting to see all the love for Ramires suddenly. 20 minutes of energy vs Newcastle really highlights the issues.

We all watch a lot of football I am sure, and over the past 6-9 months, our attack (if you want to call it that) bogs down to the slowest, most pathetic approach of all the clubs I have watched. Where it was often free flowing early last year, it has all but gone away. I love Hazard, but he can single handily kill a break sometimes or when we have the advantage with numbers, he walks the ball around until the other team is behind the ball. We are too patient at times and try to be too precise. I am not putting it all on Hazard, just using him as an example. Ramires and Willian came in and showed instant pace and tried to create, create anything. It earned us two goals.

We all can see it. The thinking before was to control possession, be methodical and hold the ball. With our brick wall back line, we could play for the one precise goal and the 1-0 result. Our back line now is like a bucket full of holes, so no need to show patience. The other team will get 2 or 3 goals. We need to play like Liverpool played with Suarez, Sturridge and Sterling, by sending runners and creating opportunities. Do not get me wrong, we do not have a Suarez on this club, but we certainly have a Sturridge and Sterling. Turn them loose. There is just too much holding of the ball and pass it around the outside of the box. Ramires and Willian seemed to inspire the rest of the club with their pace Saturday. Bring it again tomorrow night. No need to wait.

The pace going forward is another reason we all like Kenedy and RLC as well. Pace! Make something happen lads! Someone said Jose is not an offensive strategist or mastermind. So far, it shows. We know he can park a bus, but can he flatten some things with a bus at full speed? Let's find out. I'd probably start Costa up top with Pedro-Willian-Kenedy just behind him. Put Ramires and RLC in midfield and let Ramires rough it up a bit. Then go with Azpi-JT-Cahill-Baba. Why not?

I am with this club through thick and thin. I watched all 90+ Saturday even with probably the worst first half performance by a Chelsea team in years (decades?). It is annoying to hear "plastic" when you wear your Chelsea gear here in the States. I am not and I know most of you on here are not as well. We are with the Chelsea win or lose, but FFS sort it out fellows! Turn them loose Jose. Let them play free flowing and openly.

That is all. Rant off.

Up with the Chels!! :blue scalf: :blue scalf:

I still don't love Rami but he deserves a start now, he looks like one of the few players who are in decent form.