Eva Carneiro Leaves Chelsea

Billy.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

No your right Jose had no influence in Eva getting sacked the man who wields the axe at the Bridge is Paco Blosca  A geezer who I and I would imagine the majority of Chelsea fans have never heard of. He's so anonymous he isn't even a household name in his own household

She didn't get sacked.

I think the club can easily say she was demoted because of questionable decisions in the 18 months prior to the José-gate. She has been questioned including by the doctors committee or whatever over some of her assessments. A couple of times she cleared players to come back playing after head injuries, only for them to be subbed not long after.

Of course, in the episode everything happened she has a right, but the club can easily say she was bringing bad publicity in the execution of her job in a way no other doctors have brought to their clubs in the meanwhile. The demotion also included another person, so she can't exactly say it was personal.

I think she'll be left empty hands suing the club, but she might get some pay-off for the case against Mourinho.

12 minutes ago, Barbara said:

I think the club can easily say she was demoted because of questionable decisions in the 18 months prior to the José-gate. She has been questioned including by the doctors committee or whatever over some of her assessments. A couple of times she cleared players to come back playing after head injuries, only for them to be subbed not long after.

Of course, in the episode everything happened she has a right, but the club can easily say she was bringing bad publicity in the execution of her job in a way no other doctors have brought to their clubs in the meanwhile. The demotion also included another person, so she can't exactly say it was personal.

I think she'll be left empty hands suing the club, but she might get some pay-off for the case against Mourinho.

So you honestly think someone who may or as far as I know hasn't had any bad publicity should have her professional integrity questioned by bullshit and hearsay?. The bottom line is she was called on to the pitch by the ref she done her job to be met by a middle aged man acting like a truculent teenager. As for bad medical decisions Tottenham's medical staff while helped by an expert in the crowd saved Muamba's life and then a couple of months later are being called unprofessional because they let Lloris play while concussed. I really can't understand the ''she was bringing bad publicity that no other doctors have brought to their clubs in the meanwhile''.

5 hours ago, Yeboii said:

What has she given to the club that not some other doctors have given us?

Its not like she is some legend at the club. Only reason she is well known is because she is female and an attractive one.

In reality, nothing has changed at the club's medical part since she was dismissed. She hasn't given us anything else than being a doctor, just like our current doctors are doing.

I don't think Alex said she did anything more special than the other doctors do. I don't think Alex said she was a legend, actually he didn't say that. What Alex said was very simple: she worked many years for this club and didn't deserve to leave the way she did, just like the other doctors who are working for the club don't deserve that kind of treatment., because people that are not "legends" also deserve respect.

I think his post was very simple to understand.

1 hour ago, Barbara said:

Barbara, this post doesn't make any sense.

5 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Its not like she is some legend at the club. Only reason she is well known is because she is female and an attractive one.

In reality, nothing has changed at the club's medical part since she was dismissed. She hasn't given us anything else than being a doctor, just like our current doctors are doing.

Fucking hell mate it's 2016. I'm surprised you've evolved from the crayon to the laptop.

24 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I don't think Alex said she did anything more special than the other doctors do. I don't think Alex said she was a legend, actually he didn't say that. What Alex said was very simple: she worked many years for this club and didn't deserve to leave the way she did, just like the other doctors who are working for the club don't deserve that kind of treatment., because people that are not "legends" also deserve respect.

Well, in my opinion, when someone says someone has "given" something is doing more than just what you're expected of when you come here, like Lampard did with all his goals and good games, Terry with his leadership and good games and Cech with all his wondersaves and clutch saves.

Carneiro did nothing more than be a doctor and did not "give" us anything.

Maybe I didn't/don't understand clearly what is going on since English is not my first language :)

14 hours ago, Yeboii said:

Not once did I say she's given more than anyone else. However, as you've alluded to in a later post, you got hung up over my use of the word "given". 

Regardless, it doesn't matter whether she was long-serving or a three-month intern. The way she was treated was disgraceful. 

12 hours ago, Rhino's Skin said:

Well obviously the club think her and her lawyers do not have that much to go on and have called their bluff by letting this go to tribunal instead of settling out of court under her terms.

Of course, she still has the option of a settlement ( agreed mutually) right up until the hour of the case.

A see some posters are getting confused by what Mourinho said after the match and the actions of the club there after.

Also, some posters seem to giving verdicts of the club being completely in the wrong without hearing a shred of evidence from either party

Good work Poirot

The club did nothing to either back or admonish Mourinho for his actions. In truth, in acquiescing with his actions, they indirectly condoned them. Their silence on the matter is deafening no matter how you would try to sugar-coat it. 

However, the irony here is delicious. Whilst you're lambasting ""some posters" for being "confused" and for "giving verdicts... without hearing a shred of evidence from either party", to open your own statement with "Well obviously the club think her and her lawyers..." is somewhat contradictory. 

Good work, Miss Marple. 

I think we'll leave it at that.

9 hours ago, Henrique said:

Correct. At least one person is able to comprehend what I was saying. Regardless of the rather undignified way she has acted since, this treatment is most unfair. 

Not once did I say she's given more than anyone else. However, as you've alluded to in a later post, you got hung up over my use of the word "given". 

Regardless, it doesn't matter whether she was long-serving or a three-month intern. The way she was treated was disgraceful. 

Well obviously the club think her and her lawyers do not have that much to go on and have called their bluff by letting this go to tribunal instead of settling out of court under her terms.

Of course, she still has the option of a settlement ( agreed mutually) right up until the hour of the case.

A see some posters are getting confused by what Mourinho said after the match and the actions of the club there after.

Also, some posters seem to giving verdicts of the club being completely in the wrong without hearing a shred of evidence from either party

Good work Poirot

The club did nothing to either back or admonish Mourinho for his actions. In truth, in acquiescing with his actions, they indirectly condoned them. Their silence on the matter is deafening no matter how you would try to sugar-coat it. 

However, the irony here is delicious. Whilst you're lambasting ""some posters" for being "confused" and for "giving verdicts... without hearing a shred of evidence from either party", to open your own statement with "Well obviously the club think her and her lawyers..." is somewhat contradictory. 

Good work, Miss Marple. 

I think we'll leave it at that.

Correct. At least one person is able to comprehend what I was saying. Regardless of the rather undignified way she has acted since, this treatment is most unfair. 

I dont think we will leave it at that as it is obvious there is a case to be heard from both sides and the club think they have a case otherwise they would have pushed for a settlement.

The only sticking point to the above is whether its true she wants her job back....for all we know that could be the reason why no agreement was reached.

Like I have previously stated my comments, your comments and others on what may or may not have happened are all speculation and we are 2nd guessing what is going on by our knowledge of employment tribunals or lack of.

Apparently there wasnt silence between the club and the doctor like you are suggesting and there was communication. Hence the detailed texts, emails etc that will be used by lawyers on both sides if allowed by the tribunal.

So...lets leave it that Kojak

4 minutes ago, Rhino's Skin said:

I dont think we will leave it at that as it is obvious there is a case to be heard from both sides and the club think they have a case otherwise they would have pushed for a settlement.

The only sticking point to the above is whether its true she wants her job back....for all we know that could be the reason why no agreement was reached.

Like I have previously stated my comments, your comments and others on what may or may not have happened are all speculation and we are 2nd guessing what is going on by our knowledge of employment tribunals or lack of.

Apparently there wasnt silence between the club and the doctor like you are suggesting and there was communication. Hence the detailed texts, emails etc that will be used by lawyers on both sides if allowed by the tribunal.

You are so horribly missing the point that it is painful. REGARDLESS of whether this has gone to tribunal or been settled internally, my point is that she has every right to take the club on for damages because she has been absolutely humiliated in a public arena. Whether or not she is asking for her job back is another matter entirely. But that is irrelevant in the context of my point. I am not making any points based on speculation or innuendo, but based on the way she was quite clearly berated and insulted on the touchline by Mourinho, and the rather public fallout that ensued. 

You are so horribly missing the point that it is painful. REGARDLESS of whether this has gone to tribunal or been settled internally, my point is that she has every right to take the club on for damages because she has been absolutely humiliated in a public arena. Whether or not she is asking for her job back is another matter entirely. But that is irrelevant in the context of my point. I am not making any points based on speculation or innuendo, but based on the way she was quite clearly berated and insulted on the touchline by Mourinho, and the rather public fallout that ensued. 

And you are with a huge misunderstanding missing other points which are that the tribunal allegedly by all accounts is just not about that one incident.

The FA have already cleared Mourinho about that incident with use of words that might or might not been used towards to her and the physio and I think the club were being influenced by them getting involved .

11 minutes ago, BlueLion said:

Too right-think we'd all sue a rich employer given the chance, but as you say the way she was humiliated adds another dimension. That said shes been encouraged by the media who always love a circus , especially if its at Chelseas expense, and indeed by some politicians.

I have represented people at tribunals and rarely do they want to be reinstated, just compensation -but in this instance, now Mourinhos gone, she could receive compensation and want to come back and who could blame her -though I expect the club would like to pay her off and see her go quietly.

On 06/01/2016 at 9:47 PM, Henrique said:

Barbara, this post doesn't make any sense.

Since when lawyers do?

The club can allege many things for her demotion and have the whole episode be just the last straw.

Things is people on media and in the committee that watches over head injuries more than once questioned her decisions on the pitch and in a couple of them - Courtois and Oscar irrc - she opted for them staying on the pitch only for them to be subbed off some minutes later.

My point is, the club can give a thousand reasons for her demotion. Mourinho isn't her direct boss, his wish along wouldn't get her demoted alone, it was a decision from the club and they can present whatever reasoning they please. What I said is the only public things we have access, they can cite many other internal things that may have happened or not. That's the point.

Mourinho was disrespectful and wrong on his actions, but I read somewhere any costs from the suing case against him will be handled by the club. That case she has big chances imo, the constructive dismissal she just doesn't.

Things is people on media and in the committee that watches over head injuries more than once questioned her decisions on the pitch and in a couple of them - Courtois and Oscar irrc - she opted for them staying on the pitch only for them to be subbed off some minutes later.

This doesn't make any sense. You don't know the slightest bit of detail regarding those incidents yet you're talking as if you were there.

My point is, the club can give a thousand reasons for her demotion. Mourinho isn't her direct boss, his wish along wouldn't get her demoted alone, it was a decision from the club and they can present whatever reasoning they please. What I said is the only public things we have access, they can cite many other internal things that may have happened or not. That's the point.

Huh? Dismissing Carneiro was very unfair. How can you say the club has thousand of reasons for her demotion? She was doing her job and did nothing wrong. I can't find a single reason to do so.

2 hours ago, Barbara said:

Since when lawyers do?

The club can allege many things for her demotion and have the whole episode be just the last straw.

Mourinho was disrespectful and wrong on his actions, but I read somewhere any costs from the suing case against him will be handled by the club. That case she has big chances imo, the constructive dismissal she just doesn't.

You're right the club can spin this anyway they want but why would anyone believe them ? Anyone with half a brain would be able to see through the bs and realize Carneiro wasn't demoted for mistakes in the past but because of the incident with Mourinho.

I mean if i heard that story i'd be thinking " Well why did they wait so long to demote her ? Why didn't they demote her right after her mistakes in the past ? Why did they only demote her after the incident with Mourinho ?"

It simply doesn't add up. She has a strong case against both the club and Mourinho. She's very likely to win both.