• Falcao
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Matic (sub)
    • Djilobodji (sub)

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose has to be seriously contemplating starting Mikel next week. Matic needs the competition.

Dreadful team but RLC, Ramires, Mikel & Kenedy were all excellent. Rahman was very good going forward too. At least 4 crosses tonight that should've been converted, can't remember the last time one of our fullbacks delivery was of that level

wow. what the fucking fuck did i just see. dont get me wrong, i expected a win, but not a walk in the park. i sure as hell did not expect mikel and rambo to be playing one touch football. i mean what the hell happened today.

our pressing was brilliant. 4-3-3 suits us and 4-3-3 it was. did not give walsall a moment's rest on the ball. absolutely bossed the midfield. looked a little vulnerable down the flanks, but overall, brilliant performance.

begovic - another game where he had nothing to do.

ivanovic - if jose asks, i can eat my own heart for him. but i will never ever understand how the fuck is iva still starting. i mean how many horrendous displays does a player have to make to be called out. how worse can aina really be? or even papy playing as a RB.

GC - looked sloopy in the 2nd half. twice lost the ball while trying to shield it. would simply put it down to complacency. nothing more.

JT - looked solid. made a sloppy pass in the first half but generally, dealt with cook (if that was his name), very well.

baba - an average performance. a couple of losses of possession, got nutmegged once. but since, his competition is iva, i would say, he was MAJESTIC. we honestly need some tactical changes. baba was brilliant going forward. that cut back to falcao, his overlapping, andwhenlink up play are brilliant. defensively needs a lot of work but would be an upgrade on iva.

mikel - damn... where the fuck did this performance come from. was he high or something? one touch passes, closing down opponents, interception after interception. brilliant performnace. hope he keeps doing this whenever called upon.

rambo - brilliant performance from rambo. he always is brilliant when playing in the box2box role in a 3 man mid.

RLC - MOTM for me (barely). but what a performance. absolutely glorious. damn this kid can play. and people were trying to convince me that the 2/3 performances he gave us after we won the PL were "good enough" should watch him run the show. that pass. absolutely awesome. his energy was brilliant too. hope he keeps this up. i want to see him against a good opposition. that would be a truer test. but nonetheless, 2 starts, 2 MOTMs.

kenedy - this kid can play. well, when we "signed" him (though it was official 2 months later), i said "6 mil wasted". but he is pretty good. he has a brilliant shot on him, and seems to have that faith in his ability and in himself.i can see why jose would be impressed with him. his attitude seems very good.

remy - a decent performance. thought he was very selfish at times. should/could have passed to falcao multiple times but chose not to. got a goal, but dont think he deserves a start in the next match.

falcao - where do i begin? he ran, he closed down opponents, he won long balls, he linked up brilliantly (watch pedro's goal for an instance), he did everything brilliantly except for scoring. should have had a or 2 or even 3. by the end of the match, he was simply trying tooooo hard and simply getting "quicksanded". his link up play was just a joy to watch after all of costa's poor plays. he holds the ball well, ran the channels, really well. so surprised that he did not get on the score sheet. i know a lot of people will say, "thats exactly what people said of torres". i would say "hogwash" to those people. his general play was a joy to watch. wont be at all surprised to see him start the next match.

subs

pedro - why? should have brought on traore.

matic - why? should have brought on papy

papy - honestly, i didnot see him in the 2 minute cameo.

brilliant result, brilliant "joy to watch" display. hope this continues. bring on the barcodes.

I just hate Mourinho's subtitutions on that sort of matches.

Why subbing off Kenedy and RLC which were obviously the two best players on the pitch.

Its like no matter how the game is played, always the players that are tagged as youngsters will be replaced by first team players.

Why even bother letting Matic and Pedro play? they need the rest for Saturday.