Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picture this, 90 minutes have gone, Arsenal is leading 2-1 and are in our half, one of ours recovers the ball and sets up a counter, Hazard gets the ball in their box but Mertesacker fouls him. We get a penalty...Hazard vs Cech.... :D

You wouldn´t want that to happen, seriously hope not, in that scenario we would probably lose lol Cech would save the penalty since he knows hazard well and all hell would break lose. I hate his style of penalties, just shoot hard and placed, giving no chance to the GK. Oh and if Ivanovic starts, i will kill myself.

Devil's advocat here but I really don't know if I wouldn't trust Ivanovic, Fabregas and Ramires in that game. We don't know if Pedro is available, I think he is since Jose didn't want to give definite answer like 2 days ago. Why shouldn't he when Pedro's availability CHANGE SO MUCH how the team shape, it's quite staggering.

Assuming he's not though I think we should pack midfield up with Matic, Fabregas, RLC/Ramires and Oscar (playing as RW, sort of). At least we know we don't loose midfield battle in this shape. Though width should provide full-backs and I can't fully trust Baba yet. Yes, Ivanovic is in terrible form but Baba is not fully-match fit IMO. I like what I saw of him but he will leave gaps. But if we pack midfield up with 4 players they should be able to cover for him. That's perfectly reasonable ... if that was trained before. Was it ? Was not ?

easy match it seems...

Just replace Iva with that random kid who hasn't really played any decent opposition and we we'll beat them...

11 play, but it's binary according to this board

Bool win() { return Iva ? False : true; }

Should def sell the above complex algorithm to the bookies... :)

easy match it seems...

Just replace Iva with that random kid who hasn't really played any decent opposition and we we'll beat them...

11 play, but it's binary according to this board

Bool win() { return Iva ? False : true; }

Should def sell the above complex algorithm to the bookies... :)

No, Ivanovic isn't the only problem we have but he is a liabillity atm.

It's not that difficult to understand. People have more confidence in Azpi taking on Sanchez & Baba coming in on the left then Ivanovic going up against Sanchez.

I'd much rather see baba start. With Ramsey likely starting on the right Baba could have acres of space to exploit on that left hand side.

No, Ivanovic isn't the only problem we have but he is a liabillity atm.

It's not that difficult to understand. People have more confidence in Azpi taking on Sanchez & Baba coming in on the left then Ivanovic going up against Sanchez.

I'd much rather see baba start. With Ramsey likely starting on the right Baba could have acres of space to exploit on that left hand side.

I understand what you wrote just fine, but it's not the same as others have written.

I see the entire defense getting overwhelmed - Iva s poor form makes him a bit easier target but imo not as bad as people make it out to be.

If crosses keep on coming ... If players infiltrate from center, we will lose all the same.

People asked for Mikel-a case for Mikel :)

He played and nothing changed because he's poor and got overwhelmed like the rest.

When it looks as if the opposition have more players then we have a problem that goes far beyond this or that player.

That's what I'd play, I know I'm mad.

Begovic

Ramires - Cahill - Terry - Azpilicueta

Matic - RLC

Remy (Pedro if fit) - Oscar - Hazard

Costa

I dont think it is being mad ... more thoughtful ...

Ramiers would be a better alternative temporarily if Jose doesnt believe in Baba ... Pace/can defend/can tackle/workrate ... One change in the back 4 if Jose is hell bend on playing Ivan put him instead of Terry ... Still feel Ivan can provide us lot of value as a CB rather than RB.

Would go for a Park the bus approach in the first half as I mentioned earlier ... my team would be

Begovic
Zouma - Matic
Remy (Pedro if fit, Willian is a big loss) Hazard
Oscar
Costa
Guess that is mad ...

I understand what you wrote just fine, but it's not the same as other have written.

I see the entire defense getting overwhelmed - Iva s poor form makes him a bit easier target but imo not as bad as people make it out to be.

If crosses keep on coming ... If players infiltrate from center, we will lose all the same.

People asked for Mikel-a case for Mikel :)

He played and nothing changed because he's poor and got overwhelmed like the rest.

When it looks like the opposition have more players e have a problem that goes far beyond this or that player.

Like i said Ivanovic isn't the only problem. It's true that there are problems that are the entire teams fault however i disagree that Ivanovic is being unfairly targeted. He has been the worst of the bunch.

He's been a burden on this team for quite some time now. His inabillity to deal with quick skillful wingers. His reluctance to move out wide and close down the opponent have been an issue for the last 2 years or so.

Only thing is noone really noticed because the team covered for him all the time, primarily Willian. Willian was forced to play right wing back all the time last season. Constantly running back to shield Ivanovic.

Basically doing the work Ivanovic should have done. With Pedro now playing RW Ivanovic doesn't have the luxury of tucking inside and holding his position. He is getting into more situations where he has to go 1 on 1 with the winger.

Ivanovic has been on a steady decline for the past 2 years and he somply needs to be dropped. The team has covered for him long enough but enough is enough.

With Pedro playing RW we need a right back that can actually hold his own.

Atleast that's my take on it.

If Pedro and William are not available for Saturday because of their injuries maybe we can play with Matic - Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Fabregas - Oscar in midfield against Arsenal.

Arsenal is a team with great potential in their midfield and we should put more creative players in our midfield to counteract their midfield.

But if Pedro is well physically, he should play....

But RLC has to be in our starting eleven YES OR YES. This guy has a natural potential to be unquestionable in our starting eleven with some trust and starting in the next matches.

RLC is the guy

Begovic

Zouma Cahill

Azpi Baba

RLC Matic

Fabregas

Oscar Hazard

or Pedro

Diego Costa

Sounds like the team I would play but Oscar on the second half for Hazard if he isn't up to par, or for even Fabregas and put him in the number 10 role. But we better beat the arseholes haha :D and going to enjoy the match on my lunch break :D

I dont think it is being mad ... more thoughtful ...

Ramiers would be a better alternative temporarily if Jose doesnt believe in Baba ... Pace/can defend/can tackle/workrate ... One change in the back 4 if Jose is hell bend on playing Ivan put him instead of Terry ... Still feel Ivan can provide us lot of value as a CB rather than RB.

Would go for a Park the bus approach in the first half as I mentioned earlier ... my team would be

Begovic
Zouma - Matic
Remy (Pedro if fit, Willian is a big loss) Hazard
Oscar
Costa
Guess that is mad ...

If I see that line up tomorrow I think instead of taking my seat for the match, I will climb to the top of Stamford Bridge and make a jump and commit suicide.

Like i said Ivanovic isn't the only problem. It's true that there are problems that are the entire teams fault however i disagree that Ivanovic is being unfairly targeted. He has been the worst of the bunch.

He's been a burden on this team for quite some time now. His inabillity to deal with quick skillful wingers. His reluctance to move out wide and close down the opponent have been an issue for the last 2 years or so.

Only thing is noone really noticed because the team covered for him all the time, primarily Willian. Willian was forced to play right wing back all the time last season. Constantly running back to shield Ivanovic.

Basically doing the work Ivanovic should have done. With Pedro now playing RW Ivanovic doesn't have the luxury of tucking inside and holding his position. He is getting into more situations where he has to go 1 on 1 with the winger.

Ivanovic has been on a steady decline for the past 2 years and he somply needs to be dropped. The team has covered for him long enough but enough is enough.

With Pedro playing RW we need a right back that can actually hold his own.

Atleast that's my take on it.

It cannot have been a problem for over two years like you say.

It may be something you dislike, but it is something more than one manager appreciated.

You talk about characteristics as if they were flaws. He's an attacking fb who's great at set pieces - that's what he's always been as a rb

Teams no longer play with defensive fullbacks anymore. Some do the 3rd defender thing, but not both fbs.

If Iva were as much a liability as ppl claim his own teammates would should have rallied around him and helped him. The fact that they did not means that they couldn't.

also don't forget conceding goals is not the o my prob we have: our attack numbers are way down.

I agree concerning cover btw, but that a choice (defensive fullback) not a necessity.

* from phone

If Pedro is more or less with muscular problems maybe is best to start with Oscar as false right-winger to preserve Pedro for the end of mach as a player to revolutionize the game (Pedro is perfect for that role). I do not want to take risks with Pedro if Oscar is well physically.

About Ruben Loftus-Cheek I think he'll be in our starting eleven without a doubt. Right now we need something to wake up our team and RLC is the perfect choice for the midfield. In fact, I think he's going to have a fantastic performance against Arsenal today, which will make RLC begins to be indisputable. I am really hopeful about RLC. We were not able sign Pogba, but maybe Ruben Loftus-Cheek can be better than Pogba if he plays the next 10 games in our starting eleven.

If in 2014 were Courtois and Zouma, I hope Ruben Loftus-Cheek can be consolidated into our squad in 2015 as part of our project for the youth.

Jose must be brave with RLC. When he was with Real Madrid in a difficult situation (with Sergio Ramos and Pepe injured before a match against Barcelona in the Spanish Cup) Jose opted for Varane as a centre-back and Varane was perfect stopping Messi. Ruben Loftus-Cheek may be a similar case.

It is always difficult to bet on youth (much more with Jose) but being - 11 in Premier League I think we have nothing to lose. In fact, I think we have much more to gain.