Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hazard and Costa played shit against the worst side we´ve played against in years too.Should we bench them too?

Baba has much more to offer than Ivanovic,but Mou likes experience,even though experience does not matter when you play shit.Ashley Cole can sing a song about it.

Yeah I think Hazard should be benched and not just because of yesterday but the whole season so far. But Jose won't do it especially with both Pedro and Willian out because he can still come up with that one moment of magic.

Costa I'm not a huge fan of generally an not just now but he remains our best striker. We don't have better options than him so he has to start.

Not sure what your basing your assumption that "Baba has much more to offer than Ivanovic" on. Surely can't be based on yesterday's performance?!

With Willian/Pedro out ,our right side will need to properly addressed(afew areas also) Azpil/Ramires combo will do for me,against the arse not much height to contend with up front give Ivan another bench role or another week to read up in the art of defending.

It's not about Azpi it's about who will be our second fullback. Think it will be Rami and Iva on the right. Had Baba put in a great performance like RLC did I think he would be starting instead.

Deffo agree its not about Azpil 100% lol its about Ivan(not just him) I could go on about it being abit of a disgrace we dont have 4 natural full backs that we can trust and believe in to go to war for the season.etc etc etc.

Note that I posted that lineup before Mourinho revealed the injuries last night.

Duly noted.So we can deffo say that won't be the lineup now.Feel free to play "Guess the line up"game anytime soon its free and fun to play.

Better than Ivanovic on current form is not really saying much.

It's saying what's needed to be said - better than our other option. Whether it's good enough in general for a team like Chelsea is up for debate, but Baba > Ivanovic. Give him a run of games and the jagged edges will be smoothed out. Give Bran a run of games and he will get worse. People see potential in one of them, that's why everybody is choosing him. And considering it gives Azpilicueta the opportunity to play on the right, it's essentially like playing with 2 new players who can substantially improve our team.

However, having said that, there is no way in the world that Baba is going to actually start the game.

Drop Cesc after he finally registered an assist and goal? Come on...

-----------Bego------------

Azpi--Zouma-Cahill-Baba

--RLC---Matic-----Fab--

-----------Oscar----------

-------Remy--Costa-----

Lol FIFA formation but honestly doesn't look awful except maybe Fab at LCM.

It's saying what's needed to be said - better than our other option. Whether it's good enough in general for a team like Chelsea is up for debate, but Baba > Ivanovic. Give him a run of games and the jagged edges will be smoothed out. Give Bran a run of games and he will get worse. People see potential in one of them, that's why everybody is choosing him. And considering it gives Azpilicueta the opportunity to play on the right, it's essentially like playing with 2 new players who can substantially improve our team.

However, having said that, there is no way in the world that Baba is going to actually start the game.

Yeah, but thing is it's never that simple as you always have hope in the possibility that Iva will improve because you know he's better than what you've seen while with Baba you don't know if he can do better because you've never seen him do for Chelsea. So in a crucial game like Arsenal Jose tends to go with players he knows and I tend to agree with him on that. Even if Iva returns to his form of last season (which was still not good enough for me) it would be worth the risk of playing him.

Yeah, but thing is it's never that simple as you always have hope in the possibility that Iva will improve because you know he's better than what you've seen while with Baba you don't know if he can do better because you've never seen him do for Chelsea. So in a crucial game like Arsenal Jose tends to go with players he knows and I tend to agree with him on that. Even if Iva returns to his form of last season (which was still not good enough for me) it would be worth the risk of playing him.

No it wouldn't. Iva starts, we lose.

And that's how teams stagnate, we have witnessed it before, wasn't nice was it? Ivan's form has been bad long enough to be permanently dropped, not only rested in hope that maybe he can squeeze a few more decent performances out of himself. Ideally it would have been addressed during the summer and if Baba isn't good enough for us for that amount of money, then that's Jose's and the board's fault.

Terry will do better at dealing with Girouds power

giroud is not starting after the midweek debacle. walcott will be my bet. and his pace would simply kill JT. also, in the current form, i dont think JT would be able to deal with giroud better than GC.

Terry will do better at dealing with Girouds power

No chance Giroud starts. It is pace and movement our defence has struggled against this season and that is what Walcott offers. Furthermore, Giroud is awful when he plays against us. We know how to handle him and he has never scored a goal against us.