• Costa
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Remy (sub)
    • Mikel (sub)

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll take the win but we're still a long way off to top form. We did well in bits today though (even before the red card).

Agree. I thought Cesc looked good. Even before the sending offs. Thought he was looking good physically, good play on the ball. Great improvement in his positional play.

Of course the slow tempo of the game and Arsenal's lack of pressing suited him but still. Positive signs I think. I hope. I pray.

I will hold my hands up and say i was wrong to suggest Hazard being dropped he played good today looked abit more himself

We was the better team before the red card, Costa should have also been sent off he really needs to start focusing on scoring goals and not fighting all the time.

Zouma MOTM by far

I won't say it was a superb performance because of the result. The season is a very long one, and we have little reason to be happy with the performance and with some other things.

Arsenal is looking a Russian Premier League material. Mourinho came up with the usual team, and its hard to identify a good individual performance. Forwards were incredibly bad, and to be honest even when the result was 1-0, I saw the team conceding a stupid goal and match ending in a 1-1.

This is going to be a tough season to watch.

Dude we won. We win midweek, its a shit team. We beat Arsenal and you write this crap? The least we can get from this game is a massive confidence boost.....oh and 3 points.

Arsenal have a massive inferiority complex against us, even with our defence this season they still didn't look like scoring.

I was actually thinking about you at some point during the game, thinking you were right. Arsenal were very poor, even before the red cards.

Arsene has turned over a completely new leaf in terms of approach in big games. Smarter, more realistic. But the execution in counter-attacking was poor.

Game could've ended in a draw though. That was the feeling I had. Chelsea couldn't get through their defence and they were defending well. But then Diego put up a one man show. I have no idea how he managed to stay on the pitch. Shocking really.

Agree. I thought Cesc looked good. Even before the sending offs. Thought he was looking good physically, good play on the ball. Great improvement in his positional play.

Of course the slow tempo of the game and Arsenal's lack of pressing suited him but still. Positive signs I think. I hope. I pray.

Yeah, spot on. Our best patch of play came when Cesc was in his true element, dictating the pace of the game and showcasing his vision again. If we ever want to see the CFC of early last season again he needs to continue like this. Very good from Cesc today.

How was the game? I missed it:(. Did Ivanovic play well? I have no problem with him starting over Baba, it's a big game. How did the team play though? Creative? Solid defensively? I saw the Gabriel redcard, hilarious. Overalll, how would you rate the performance? Step in the right direction?