Bastian Schweinsteiger

.Cee

The Bayern Munich midfielder put in a devastating performance as Germany defeated Portugal 3-2 in the quarterfinals of EURO 2008.

The result ended Scolari’s reign as coach of the Seleccao, and the Brazilian will have been impressed by the ease with which the 23-year-old found space on the flanks at St. Jakob Park on Thursday.

Schweinsteiger has already revealed his desire to play in England and has been consistently linked with several Premier League clubs over the past few seasons, most notably Arsenal.

He endured an indifferent campaign at the Allianz Arena last term, during which he was significantly overshadowed by French winger Franck Ribery.

The Blues are in need of some fresh talent on the wings following poor seasons from Shaun Wright-Phillips and Florent Malouda, and it is understood Scolari is pondering a ₤15million bid for Schweinsteiger.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=747683

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't like players like him as wingers. I think he would fit more as central midfielder. He has got great work rate and good shooting and passing ability. But I don't think he is fast and technical enough for winger. I think we need some pace on wings as Cole isn't the fastest player.

I remember him playing against us a couple of seasons ago and he scored. i've liked him ever since then so I'd love to see him at the bridge

Edited by Kez

I remember him playing against us a couple of seasons ago and he scored. i've liked him ever since then so I'd love to see him at the bridge

I was just about to say he sprang to my attention when we played them a few years back. But from then he seemed to have disappeared off the football map. I had heard nothing of him until the other night.

At 23 he has potential to improve, but then again, so have many other players on our wish list.

Schweinsteiger isn't that German for Pig fucker or something?

I think that Ballack would have made a noise about him, if he thought he could fit in with our style of play. But all this speculation isn't worth talking about until we get an idea of how Scolari sees the team playing. I think he looks good. But how does he play on a week to week basis?

I saw him at first time when he played against Russia in a friendly match (2 - 2) and he scored two goals. It was very difficult for russians to forget his surname :)

But I think he is not enough good for Chelsea.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You