• Fabregas
    • Willian
    • Oscar
    • Hazard
    • Remy
    • Costa (sub)
    • Ramires (sub)
    • Traore (sub)

Whilst tel aviv made it really easy for us with one of the worst performances i have ever seen in the ucl, we did not play particularly well either. But better than in the last few games. created a bit here and there, some nice individual play and decent defense. What a difference it makes having 2 full backs on the pitch, finally. We cut through their midfield like a knife through butter it was a pleasure to watch even though the general quality of the game was mediocre. i particularly liked the performances of the youngsters. also ramires looked fine for a change. we even scored 2 goals from open play. besides the game pretty much showed what hazard still lacks. against a 2nd tier opposition a player like him has to score with the chances he had. look at cronaldo. against such a side he scores 3 one yard tap ins and 2 penalties. not particularly difficult, but in the end this is what counts, what gives you confidence.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think Cahill was very good? Playing a different style and didn't miss a beat. Good stuff

I'm not a big fan of him because of his old-school type of defending but I have to say for a defender the man is really good with the ball. So many times when there aren't many passing options he takes responsibility and drives forward. I like that from him.

good game from us. needed to arrest the slump and a nice way to do it. does not matter, who the opposition was, we did a good job.

bego - did not have anything to do.

azpi - his one man pressing show is simply awesome. he should be the one starting at RB match after match.

zouma - some positional errors and once gave the ball away but put in a brilliant tackle to flush out the situation.

GC - perfect game. a captain's performance.

baba - a couple of errors but in attack he was brilliant. some over hit crosses too but a couple of runs that were awesome to watch. got better as the match progressed. would be a massive player for us in coming time.

RLC - motm for me. what a game. just brilliant. on the ball, off the ball. did not matter. he was just perfect. he deserves a start against arsenal and he would be a better option alongside matic than cesc.

cesc - a non-existent first half, but as soon as the game opened, he dominated a lot in the second. dont think this performance guarantees a start in the next game.

oscar - good performance. brilliant pressing. hopefully he stays fit and shows if he is actually worth the trust of our main no. 10.

hazard - shambolic. seems like the confidence has been sucked out of him. there was a time where he ran through a couple of players towards the end of the match, only for him to put in a shit cut back. needs a goal or something to get back some confidence.

remy - sad thing is that he wont start for the next 10 games.

subs

costa- brilliantly taken goal.

rambo - his first touch was the wonderful ball out to eden. if fit, should start in a mid 3 against arsenal along with matic and RLC.

traore - too anxious to prove a point. was mostly coming in the way.

I don't think Baba was too raw - seen a lot of comments about that.

Debut, first game, at home, champions league - that's a shit ton of pressure. He reminded me of Celestine Babayaroo (jesus been ages since I had to spell that, hope I got it right!).

He looked pretty composed, some decent passing, great overlapping and a few wayward crosses - but it was a pretty convincing debut in my eyes. I think in 3-4 games he will definitely be getting it together. Remember Azpi had a slow burn start to his career here - I think the same for Baba.

I for one loved how we suddenly had much more space - left footer on the left and right footer on the right - both made sure we had width in the shape - which is something we have lacked for ages.