Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My problem is that there's surely better players out there. Someone mentioned N'Koulou for Marseille who has a year left in his contract...

Sure, N'Kolou is actually a player I like, but I personally dont see him as a player good enough to be a starter in Chelsea.

I think you know yourself that Djilo isnt meant to be a starter, so why pay the much larger fee that Marseille would surely demand, when the club is very likely to be on the market for a CB next summer again?

N'Kolou is also good enough to have higher demands than to be a reserve/rotation option.

Let me put it this way. Would you rather get Djilo this summer and then Stones/Laporte the next one, or N'Kolou now and no one next summer?

Laporte has a £36m buy out clause, so its not unrealistic to think we could sign him

This is Bilbao, check how easy it was for other clubs to buy Herrera, Martinez and Llorente.

Absurdity.

Like I said our board and Mourinho was only good for one season.

One season don't make or break the image of anything, is consistency over many years.

Last year and then this year just show they are all a bunch of hit and miss. Mourinho the board and all.

Not the greatest mind of transfer like say Atletico or even Porto that keep bringing good names year after year.

Let's not jump to conclusions and act like he's shit; people were calling for fucking youth players to come in, yet we sign a guy who's experienced and played at a high level for a good while for a small fee, yet people go bat shit crazy and call it a "Panic buy!" I think panicking would be relying on youth players whom are a lot more inexperienced at a good level.

I'm not knocking the player,my first comment in this thread is this one.but who is the youth player people are calling for?

Kalas is somebody i've been calling for who was in the past classed as our youth but is 6 years since he first played a pro game.whose 22 now. Played well when given a chance with us and unlike seemingly Papy,can fill our biggest problem spot,RB.

I'm neutral with this signing as a CB depth player,see how he goes when he plays but atleast no major fee so not a financial risk,just a performance one.

i still see us needing two new signings tho if Kalas remains on loan where as if he had stayed or we got him back somehow this signing would not have been needed.

We need another fullback and a midfielder.

Its pretty clear this is plan D.

Maybe theres plans the clubs made with players thats available next season? Maybe hes just a gap fill? We got no idea whatsoesver whats going on behind the scenes.

Maybe theyve decided to can this season and start fresh next year and use this season to now experiment so bought him as a cheap standby?

But at the same time we know theres some good cheap players in these nowhere teams and he might turn out what we need.

All we can do is suck it and see.

I'm seeing people on Twitter claiming that this is clearly a cheap stop gap and that does make perfect sense. Buy a cheap fill-in for this season and then someone stellar like Stones or Laporte next year.

Still, what a terribly underwhelming window. Pedro the only nailed on starter. City have signed 3 first XI players that are all top class and improve them as well as a quality depth signing in Delph. United, once they sign Martial, will have signed 4-5 first XI players as well that'll improve them. We've signed a bunch of backups that will rarely feature for the most part.

What are peoples problem here?

Chelsea _really_ tried to buy Stones. They made several bids, the player put in a transfer request but in the end Everton simply did not want to sell. Rumours about Marquinhos and Laporte were fun and all, but who the fuck is stupid enough to think we would get one of the two best young centre backs a few days before the transfer window closes.

If you need to reinforce your backline, but cant get your primary target this window, you have two options. You either dont buy anything, and keep the problem you wanted to solve, or you compromise and buy a temporary solution.

This guy costs €3,5m, Im sure Chelsea spends a similar amount of money on grass maintenance each season. I prefer them to get this guy and next season try with Stones/Laporte again rather then just remain in the same position.

Chelsea bought and got rid of Cuadrado in half a season, and he cost more than 10 times more. This guy will either be a great buy, or a horrible one, but will either way not stand in the way of next seasons real targets.

Also, this is not fucking Football Manager, I wish some people would stop acting like spoiled children and think that every club in the world is just waiting to sell their star players, and that the Chelsea board is cruising in Saint Tropez and simply came back to late to negotiate properly, or that they didnt want to put in that extra million. It is a lot more complicated, as every deal involves boards on both sides, players, agents, coaches and other commercial considerations. You dont simply send an email titled "£50m", and get one back saying "Yes" or "No", its a little more to it than that.

Also, you are all very comfortable judging the club not knowing anything about long term plans. Maybe they already have several targets in mind that cant/wont be touched until next season for one reason or another?

we could have bid 36 m for stones 3-4 weeks ago and could have seen that Everton wont sell him and go for other targets. there are tons of CBs out there in the world. N'Koulou for example is x-times better than this guy we are signing now and also only has 1 year left on his contract. Umtiti also is a good Cb from Lyon.

We thought we dont really need a new CB until the season started. that was our main problem. Mou thought the squad was good enough and fall badly back on his spin. now we need to panic-buy and buy players that will be sold 6 months later. Dont know how people can come out and literally defend every thing our board does, even if its blatlantly open to see for everyone that our transfer summer has been awful and bad planned.

I'm seeing people on Twitter claiming that this is clearly a cheap stop gap and that does make perfect sense. Buy a cheap fill-in for this season and then someone stellar like Stones or Laporte next year.

Still, what a terribly underwhelming window. Pedro the only nailed on starter. City have signed 3 first XI players that are all top class and improve them as well as a quality depth signing in Delph. United, once they sign Martial, will have signed 4-5 first XI players as well that'll improve them. We've signed a bunch of backups that will rarely feature for the most part.

And the worst part is...we failed to add a midfielder. Surely Witsel at 25 million (according to rumors) is a worth a shot before the window closes

Sure, N'Kolou is actually a player I like, but I personally dont see him as a player good enough to be a starter in Chelsea.

I think you know yourself that Djilo isnt meant to be a starter, so why pay the much larger fee that Marseille would surely demand, when the club is very likely to be on the market for a CB next summer again?

N'Kolou is also good enough to have higher demands than to be a reserve/rotation option.

Let me put it this way. Would you rather get Djilo this summer and then Stones/Laporte the next one, or N'Kolou now and no one next summer?

This is Bilbao, check how easy it was for other clubs to buy Herrera, Martinez and Llorente.

Why do we have to look outwards for a squad player though? If we're not going to buy a player that'll at least challenge the starting CBs then what's the point? Why did we loan out Omeruo, or Kalas who could've provided that squad depth? Why don't we just demote Ivanovic to 4th choice CB? Chalobah? It doesn't make much sense to me tbh.

I don't think it's as black and white as saying Nkoulou and no Stones next summer or Djilo and Stones next summer either. We need to sign good players that can step in at any given time and ones that can actually challenge their team mates to a starting spot. Nkoulou has 1 year left, he'd be cheap. He comes in and directly threatens our starting CBs and would provide excellent cover alongside with Zouma. Long term wise - JT, Cahill and Ivanovic are all over 30. Signing Stones and maybe shifting someone like Ivanovic out next season whilst keeping Zouma and Nkoulou? Proper depth.

So, this season we go with Ivanovic, Nkoulou, JT, Cahill, Zouma, Azpi, Baba. Next year we go with Stones, Zouma, Nkoulou, an older JT, an older Cahill, Azpi and Baba. Looks good to me.

Short Full Name : Papiss Mison Djilobodji

Long Full Name : Papiss Mbouba Mbwiwa Abu Fuongo Baba Mison Djilobodji

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papy_Djilobodji

here is my favourite picture of

6.jpg

http://www.fcnantes.com/articles/article2809.php?num=9962

C'mon Pizy. Stop thinking it's all going rosy at United. They haven't got a clue on what they're doing. Spending 35m on an unprovent talent is daft and it's even more daft when they're spending it on a player they do not need. Only City have significantly improved their squad this summer.

C'mon Pizy. Stop thinking it's all going rosy at United. They haven't got a clue on what they're doing. Spending 35m on an unprovent talent is daft and it's even more daft when they're spending it on a player they do not need. Only City have significantly improved their squad this summer.

Think United have significantly improved. They were just starting from a much lower position than City. Schneiderlin, Schweini, Darmian, and Memphis are all very good signings. Shaw is basically a new signing too.

José would make that squad the title favorite if he were in charge with the addition of another striker.

Think United have significantly improved. They were just starting from a much lower position than City. Schneiderlin, Schweini, Darmian, and Memphis are all very good signings. Shaw is basically a new signing too.

José would make that squad the title favorite if he were in charge with the addition of another striker.

United have improved but not signicantly. They are all OK signings, none of them really stands out and let's not forget that Van Gaal has spent more than 200m and United still look disjointed and clueless on the pitch.

And oh, what's their Plan B? Put Fellaini upfront, lump the ball up to him and hope for the best. :doh:

United have improved but not signicantly. They are all OK signings, none of them really stands out and let's not forget that Van Gaal has spent more than 200m and United still look disjointed and clueless on the pitch.

And oh, what's their Plan B? Put Fellaini upfront, lump the ball up to him and hope for the best. :doh:

Like I said, if José was in charge there rather than LvG who is so married to his stupid "philosophy" he'd have them competing for everything.

You're right, they haven't signed any superstars or anything.