Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've given in to a stubborn Roberto Martinez by signing this guy!

Sorry but this has 'panic buy' written all over it!

I don't see it that way mate. Martinez is a plain asshole and we shouldn't stay without a CB just because he's an asshole.

And Stones pursuit isn't over, JT and Cahill are over 30 so we still need more CBs.

I'm only afraid that when Everton decide to sell later on they don't refuse our bid and accept other ones because our relationship has gone to hell.

Wow. I played with im in Ultimate Team in fifa as I like fast and tall defenders. :D But he isn't good enough for Chelsea.The only good thing in this transfer is the sum, nothing more. I prefer much more to have Andreas or Kalas for 4th defender tnan a 27 year old player from Nantes and with only 2 caps for Senegal... What a f*cking joke is this transfer window for us....

Hard to get excited for a player no one's ever heard of. On top of that, we'll probably barely ever see him play since he'll be 4th choice. At his age he's unlikely to improve dramatically like the other CB's we were linked with.

We know better than the board?

No, but this shit transfer window, without any major signing and without fixing our big problems means that our board dont know much too....

We tried to sign Pogba. Didnt work because this is real life not fifa.

We've given in to a stubborn Roberto Martinez by signing this guy!

Sorry but this has 'panic buy' written all over it!

It's the opposite. A panic buy would be being forced into spending a lot of money on a player you don't need. This would be buying short-term cover so that the team can buy someone they actually want next season. It's actually way more sensible than putting in a ridiculous bid for whatever highly tipped defender is on the market. If Stones is the target, Chelsea only need to wait 12 months and then Everton will sell, so a squad player to prop up the defence in the interim is fine.

What are peoples problem here?

Chelsea _really_ tried to buy Stones. They made several bids, the player put in a transfer request but in the end Everton simply did not want to sell. Rumours about Marquinhos and Laporte were fun and all, but who the fuck is stupid enough to think we would get one of the two best young centre backs a few days before the transfer window closes.

If you need to reinforce your backline, but cant get your primary target this window, you have two options. You either dont buy anything, and keep the problem you wanted to solve, or you compromise and buy a temporary solution.

This guy costs €3,5m, Im sure Chelsea spends a similar amount of money on grass maintenance each season. I prefer them to get this guy and next season try with Stones/Laporte again rather then just remain in the same position.

Chelsea bought and got rid of Cuadrado in half a season, and he cost more than 10 times more. This guy will either be a great buy, or a horrible one, but will either way not stand in the way of next seasons real targets.

Also, this is not fucking Football Manager, I wish some people would stop acting like spoiled children and think that every club in the world is just waiting to sell their star players, and that the Chelsea board is cruising in Saint Tropez and simply came back to late to negotiate properly, or that they didnt want to put in that extra million. It is a lot more complicated, as every deal involves boards on both sides, players, agents, coaches and other commercial considerations. You dont simply send an email titled "£50m", and get one back saying "Yes" or "No", its a little more to it than that.

Also, you are all very comfortable judging the club not knowing anything about long term plans. Maybe they already have several targets in mind that cant/wont be touched until next season for one reason or another?

Chelsea _really_ tried to buy Stones. They made several bids, the player put in a transfer request but in the end Everton simply did not want to sell. Rumours about Marquinhos and Laporte were fun and all, but who the fuck is stupid enough to think we would get one of the two best young centre backs a few days before the transfer window closes.

If you need to reinforce your backline, but cant get your primary target this window, you have two options. You either dont buy anything, and keep the problem you wanted to solve, or you compromise and buy a temporary solution.

This guy costs 3,5m, Im sure Chelsea spends a similar amount of money on grass treatments each season. I prefer them to get this guy and next season try with Stones/Laporte again rather then just remain in the same position. <

Chelsea bought and got rid of Cuadrado in half a season, and he cost more than 10 times more. This guy will either be a great buy, or a horrible one, but will either way not stand in the way of next seasons real targets.

My problem is that there's surely better players out there. Someone mentioned N'Koulou for Marseille who has a year left in his contract...

This guy costs €3,5m, Im sure Chelsea spends a similar amount of money on grass maintenance each season. I prefer them to get this guy and next season try with Stones/Laporte again rather then just remain in the same position.

Also, this is not fucking Football Manager, I wish some people would stop acting like spoiled children and think that every club in the world is just waiting to sell their star players, and that the Chelsea board is cruising in Saint Tropez and simply came back to late to negotiate properly, or that they didnt want to put in that extra million. It is a lot more complicated, as every deal involves boards on both sides, players, agents, coaches and other commercial considerations. You dont simply send an email titled "£50m", and get one back saying "Yes" or "No", its a little more to it than that.

Also, you are all very comfortable judging the club not knowing anything about long term plans. Maybe they already have several targets in mind that cant/wont be touched until next season for one reason or another?

Laporte has a £36m buy out clause, so its not unrealistic to think we could sign him