Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's your view then. Either way, making a fuss of Djilo - who is only a squad player at best - being left out of the CL squad is silly.

It's not silly , our defence is pathetic , and will be humbled by Europe's best. We need all the help we can get.

Not sure why people are worried of him being shunned. This is the type of player that would give Mou a boner; physical, athletic, fast, no technical ability, etc. this is the type player that might play even without merits.

Smh I am worried about seeing him in midfield over the inexperienced and young RLC. I am dreading that scenario and others, not sure what you guys are dreading over.

It is honestly expected that Mou never heard of this guy or seen him play. I would be worried more then ever if he was following some random unknown player on a scrub team. That actually might explain why we are playing so badly.

That's your view then. Either way, making a fuss of Djilo - who is only a squad player at best - being left out of the CL squad is silly.

Why would you say he's a squad player at best? you dont know him. Right now our central defense is a huge question mark - we have one ageing and super slow CB, we have a slow CB who's IMO very average, and a very young talent.

Jose wanted a CB for a reason, the minimum is the put him in the CL squad instead of one of those wingers. There's no way we'll need both Kenedy and Traore when we have Hazard, Pedro and Willian. There is absolutly no need to make

this decision. Jose gets nothing from it and the team gets nothing from it. Maybe he gets to show the club he's the boss and they should listen to him more, but thats helping no one right now.

This place is transforming into a hell lots of joke...prior to the dude signing....most fellas were all moaning and yelping about unknown CB playing for a mid table team in french league...some even slated him for not knowing how to pick a simple pass(laughable)...a week after he is left out of champions squad...wailers are out on rampage again...sorry guys u can't have it both ways...we are all our defence is nothing but absolutely garbage but dis dude has enormous time to proof himself and hopefully be included in knock out stages of the tournament...and it's not as if our central defence is that terrible all I hope for is Ivanovic going to kiss the bench...and I pray Baba gets himself into good shape...

Why would you say he's a squad player at best? you dont know him.

And you do? If yes, please do tell us his qualities.

Right now our central defense is a huge question mark - we have one ageing and super slow CB, we have a slow CB who's IMo very average, and a very young talent.

You said I was making assumption about you earlier and here you are, making assumption about our defence. Yes, the defence hasn't been great but it won't/can't stay as hopeless it has been (surely we'll improve because we can't get any worse!).

Jose wanted a CB for a reason, the minimum is the put him in the CL squad instead of one of those wingers. There's no way we'll need both Kenedy and Traore when we have Hazard, Pedro and Willian. There is absolutly no need to make this decision. Jose gets nothing from it and the team gets nothing from it. Maybe he gets to show the club he's the boss and they should listen to him more, but thats helping no one right now.

Yes, we wanted a CB but unfortunately, we didn't get one who's quality. If Djilo is as good as you're making him out to be, then why not many have heard of him before last week? Why was he snubbed by several of the lesser teams? Why did we only purchase him on the final day of the transfer window after failing to get Varane, Stones, Marquinhos etc? Having a top class CB (and Djilo isn't one regardless how you want to spin it) won't solve our defensive problems. The more important issue right now is making sure the all the players get back to form and drilling them into ensure our defensive organization is a solid and tight as a unit.

And you do? If yes, please do tell us his qualities.

You said I was making assumption about you earlier and here you are, making assumption about our defence. Yes, the defence hasn't been great but it won't/can't stay as hopeless it has been (surely we'll improve because we can't get any worse!).

Yes, we wanted a CB but unfortunately, we didn't get one who's quality. If Djilo is as good as you're making him out to be, then why not many have heard of him before last week? Why was he snubbed by several of the lesser teams? Why did we only purchase him on the final day of the transfer window after failing to get Varane, Stones, Marquinhos etc? Having a top class CB (and Djilo isn't one regardless how you want to spin it) won't solve our defensive problems. The more important issue right now is making sure the all the players get back to form and drilling them into ensure our defensive organization is a solid and tight as a unit.

1) So because we dont know him we should just assume that he cant do better than our own CBs? did you knew Abdennour before he arrived to Monaco? did you knew Benatia before he arrived to Roma?

I didnt knew Djilobodji as well, but the important thing is that the club knew him, they thought he's in the right profile to what Jose wanted from his new CB. Thats why they signed him. Mourinho can give them some kind of credit and put him in the squad before a player that he knows he wont play.

2) lol making assumptions about our defense? those "assumptions" comes from watching every minute of this team, and seeing what the club is trying to do in the transfer window. I dont think they'll continue to defend badly as they did till now, no,

but i think Cahill-Terry cant get us to where we want to be, it was never the case. They are slow, they need protection, and we cant make the next step with them as a CB pair, thats MY opinion based on me watching every game.

Zouma got to be the first name on the team sheet because he's fast and athletic, thats why Djilobodji came, because he's in the right profile for our future defense. This future has to be this season, its Mourinho's 3rd season here and some people want to see improvement, progress. With Zouma we have only one CB who fits the bill. So, those "assumptions" are very different from your assumptions about me, i dont know how and why did you make this connection.

This place is transforming into a hell lots of joke...prior to the dude signing....most fellas were all moaning and yelping about unknown CB playing for a mid table team in french league...some even slated him for not knowing how to pick a simple pass(laughable)...a week after he is left out of champions squad...wailers are out on rampage again...sorry guys u can't have it both ways...we are all our defence is nothing but absolutely garbage but dis dude has enormous time to proof himself and hopefully be included in knock out stages of the tournament...and it's not as if our central defence is that terrible all I hope for is Ivanovic going to kiss the bench...and I pray Baba gets himself into good shape...

WE need another back 4 defender as cover in the group stages .. IT is ridiculous NOT to pick him

So because we dont know him we should just assume that he cant do better than our own CBs? did you knew Abdennour before he arrived to Monaco? did you knew Benatia before he arrived to Roma? I didnt knew Djilobodji as well, but the important thing is that the club knew him, they thought he's in the right profile to what Jose wanted from his new CB. Thats why they signed him. Mourinho can give them some kind of credit and put him in the squad before a player that he knows he wont play.

lol making assumptions about our defense? those "assumptions" comes from watching every minute of this team, and seeing what the club is trying to do in the transfer window. I dont think they'll continue to defend badly as they did till now, no,

But clearly, Djilo wasn't high on the transfer target list considering we only got him after failing to get others. In other words, the club probably knows he's just an average CB. If he impresses, then fair enough and he will likely be included when we next submit the squad. Until then though, it's best to see how Djilo does and the likes of Traore, Kenedy etc fare before you keep on banging about how Mourinho left him out of the squad. The main concern right now is getting the players back to form and if/when that happens, the defenders we have are/should be enough to deal with Porto, Dynamo Kiev and Maccabi Tel-Aviv.

but i think Cahill-Terry cant get us to where we want to be, it was never the case. They are slow, they need protection, and we cant make the next step with them as a CB pair, thats MY opinion based on me watching every game.

Mind you, the squad we registered is only for the group stage and can be changed later. And no disrespect to Porto, Dynamo and Maccabi but if this current lot (not just the back 4, but the entire team) can't get their act together to deal with those teams, then we don't deserve to progress from the group stage.

WE need another back 4 defender as cover in the group stages .. IT is ridiculous NOT to pick him

not that ridiculous as u people are making it to be....our defence cant get any worse...yes the defensive unit is a cause for concern but these fellas are top players...all they need to do is to get back to shape and play as a team the way we did at the beginning of last season......Djilo/Stones/Varane/Marquinhos wot solve the problem we have presently cos the form of the whole squad is nothing to write home about...

If our defenders are going to concede 2-3 goals against the attacking prowess of Dynamo and Maccabi, they should be ashamed of themselves and i'll join the chorus right away.
Until then, i think we are fine, and i hope to see Traoré and Kenedy in matchday 5 and 6.

not that ridiculous as u people are making it to be....our defence cant get any worse...yes the defensive unit is a cause for concern but these fellas are top players...all they need to do is to get back to shape and play as a team the way we did at the beginning of last season......Djilo/Stones/Varane/Marquinhos wot solve the problem we have presently cos the form of the whole squad is nothing to write home about...

IF you looked at the number of games we play in the next 6 weeks you might think otherwise .. we could have injuries or suspensions AT LEAST SEVEN are needed to

cover back 4 ,, we have FIVE

IF you looked at the number of games we play in the next 6 weeks you might think otherwise .. we could have injuries or suspensions AT LEAST SEVEN are needed to

cover back 4 ,, we have FIVE

no matter the huge junk or hell of games we gonna be involved....if our defenders cant curtail the attacking prowess of teams such like maccabi tel aviv, porto and kiev(not underrating them)....then we might as well bid the whole season goodbye...

no matter the huge junk or hell of games we gonna be involved....if our defenders cant curtail the attacking prowess of teams such like maccabi tel aviv, porto and kiev(not underrating them)....then we might as well bid the whole season goodbye...

guess you know best .. but we could have injuries or suspensions .. still Eva can make sure there are no injuries ,, it must be wonderful to be an ostrich ..

I guess you were saying EVERYTHING was ok at the end of July

Some people here already writing him off before he even stepped on the pitch in Chelsea shirt. Shame.

Just look at Otamendi... 2 years ago he was an average central-back playing for Porto. The next year he transferred to Valencia and he's one of the best central-backs in the world now.

Some people here already writing him off before he even stepped on the pitch in Chelsea shirt. Shame.

Just look at Otamendi... 2 years ago he was an average central-back playing for Porto. The next year he transferred to Valencia and he's one of the best central-backs in the world now.

not exactly what I had hoped for BUT how he can NOT be in the CL squad is beyond my comprehension