Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

This is just an horrible decision. One of the things i dislike in Mourinho is how he loves adding more and more fuel to the fire, and he just did it again.

Why both Kenedy and Traore? Porque Jose? we have 3 wingers (Pedro, Willian, Hazard) who are way above those two in our hierarchy. No way that both Kenedy and Traore going to get significant amount of minutes.

In central defense however we have serious issues. Right now we dont have a clear CB pair, Jose wanted a CB for a reason.

So first it says he dont know Papy which we already knew, but Jose wanted a CB and the club gave him one, so ffs give the player a chance before you lower his status to "non-relevant", before he kicked a ball!

if it was Stones or Abdennour, you think Traore would have made the CL squad? no way. Im sure the club dont like it, Jose is just starting wars in the most horrible moments.

I think it shows he wasn't his signing at all. Not a good sign on the whole.

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I fail to see how a 10 minute cameo has placed Kenedy ahead of Traore to so many of the people on this forum.

Traore scored something like 20 goals last season, and was only behind depay in terms of attacking in the netherlands last year.

If anybody should be left out of the CL squad between those two it should be Kenedy. He should have to prove himself in a European league the same way Traore has first.

The fickle nature of Football fans laid to bare.

Don't you think you guys are being drama queens here? "Oh poor Papy, no number no shirt holding photos no CL squad, oh poor Papy must be regretting joining Chelsea now!" For the love of God! What's wrong to exclude a player who Jose doesn't even know of or at least familiar with? Papy will have plenty of PL and domestic cup games to prove himself before the knockout stage of CL. If he performs well and Jose still excludes him then you can start crying, not now.

I fail to see how a 10 minute cameo has placed Kenedy ahead of Traore to so many of the people on this forum.

Traore scored something like 20 goals last season, and was only behind depay in terms of attacking in the netherlands last year.

If anybody should be left out of the CL squad between those two it should be Kenedy. He should have to prove himself in a European league the same way Traore has first.

This. There are so many members who want him starting against Everton just based on a little cameo. Some fans are just way too fickle at times. People were saying he looked so out of place against Barca and now all of a sudden want him as a definite starter in the team. LOL. Don't understand.

Before we get to see what Papy can do (... :)) they will see what he can do in practice!

They do hold practice sessions regularly where players are scrutinized by professionals... I'm sure everyone here is aware of that.

Whoever mentioned traore: maybe he stunk in training and Jose thinks he's more of a bet than Kennedy at this time? Who knows?! There is a lot of intuition, esp conserning ounger players, but Jose gets a lot of help on that from top professionals Chelsea employs.

It's all about what the player can offer us from the wing , and traore seems limited in that position. And certainly won't get a shot up top , if even Remy won't.

This is just an horrible decision. One of the things i dislike in Mourinho is how he loves adding more and more fuel to the fire, and he just did it again.

Why both Kenedy and Traore? Porque Jose? we have 3 wingers (Pedro, Willian, Hazard) who are way above those two in our hierarchy. No way that both Kenedy and Traore going to get significant amount of minutes.

In central defense however we have serious issues. Right now we dont have a clear CB pair, Jose wanted a CB for a reason.

So first it says he dont know Papy which we already knew, but Jose wanted a CB and the club gave him one, so ffs give the player a chance before you lower his status to "non-relevant", before he kicked a ball!

if it was Stones or Abdennour, you think Traore would have made the CL squad? no way. Im sure the club dont like it, Jose is just starting wars in the most horrible moments.

Like I mentioned in the previous page - one week, people moan about signing some nobody from Ligue 1, the following week, people moan about why that signing wasn't included in the Champions League squad.

I really don't get all the drama about the exclusion of Djilo here. Last season, we also registered only 6 defenders at this stage of the competition and we only have 6 games to contend with (4 or 5 if we manage to seal qualification early). If Djilo manage to impress Mourinho in the next 5 months, then he will likely be included in the squad for the KO stages. If we need extra defenders in the squad, the club can always add 1-2 youngsters into 'B List' before each matchday.

People want Mourinho to use/integrate youth players and then the same fellas moan about why he excluded an experienced player for youngsters. You can't have it both ways.

This. There are so many members who want him starting against Everton just based on a little cameo. Some fans are just way too fickle at times. People were saying he looked so out of place against Barca and now all of a sudden want him as a definite starter in the team. LOL. Don't understand.

no-one said he looked out of place vs barca. people were very impressed with him

I dont know why some people are up in arms about him.

Yes of course we need defenders but there are times,moves,plays that Cahill,Bane DO come in handy (not defending)

I think he will get playing time lets just really hope he makes the most of it and blows us away.

I have no problem with this decision. Mou decided to pick players he has seen practiced on a regular basis over a player he has never seen or heard of.

What is up with sad or unfair crap? I would probably feel much worse for Traore or Kenedy if they were left out. Imagine your manager picking a player he has never seen or heard over you? Pretty devasting and unjustifiable decision. Especially Mou who is quite big on training or practices.

I have a quite of bits of anti Mou posts, I honestly can't fault him for this. Not like he has ostracized this fellow or Malouda him, he decided to pick players he trust and heard of. Nothing wrong with this.

Mourinho had enough time (2-3 days before UEFA squad deadline and yes, that's enough time) to analyze his new defender. It's not about how anyone "feels", it's about what squad needs. One of Kenedy/Traore will not play anyway, because their competition are Hazard, Pedro, Oscar, Willian, even Fabregas has chance of playing in #10 and take place from someone of above. On the other side - Cahill (don't need to mention his disadvantages), old'n'slow Terry who was already benched, young unexperienced Zouma.

Team needs Papy.

EDIT: Traore and Kenedy could still have their chances in CO/FA cupa games, so no need to feel bad about leaving them out. They are still very young. ;)

Mourinho had enough time (2-3 days before UEFA squad deadline and yes, that's enough time) to analyze his new defender. It's not about how anyone "feels", it's about what squad needs. One of Kenedy/Traore will not play anyway, because their competition are Hazard, Pedro, Oscar, Willian, even Fabregas has chance of playing in #10 and take place from someone of above. On the other side - Cahill (don't need to mention his disadvantages), old'n'slow Terry who was already benched, young unexperienced Zouma.

Team needs Papy.

EDIT: Traore and Kenedy could still have their chances in CO/FA cupa games, so no need to feel bad about leaving them out. They are still very young. ;)

A defender he's never seen play or trained with before? If anything, it would've been more than unfair on Traore or Kenedy who have clearly impressed Jose. Sorry, Jose isn't at fault here IMO.

PS. Respect Terry a bit more please. About old and slow... People really throw players under the bus too easily. Yes he's old and slow (always has been) but that doesn't mean we should completely write him off.

A defender he's never seen play or trained with before? If anything, it would've been more than unfair on Traore or Kenedy who have clearly impressed Jose. Sorry, Jose isn't at fault here IMO.

No need to apology, that's just your opinion. :)

It's not like he played in fourth France tier, he played in first, against the likes of PSG and Monaco. It's easy to discover enough information of Papy and "see him play", especially if you are Mourinho and practically have all sources of the world.

EDIT: Yeah, sorry about Terry. He is my all time favourite, love him to bits, but he IS old and slow... And perfect in positioning, very strong on ground, strong in the air and the best at being captain. No way we will write him off. ;)

no-one said he looked out of place vs barca. people were very impressed with him

Looking back, the majority (including me) were very impressed . About 2 were critical of him. Saying that he has looked good but people insisting he should start need to relax imo. He is a young kid. Played barely any football for us competitively or in pre-season and just think it is fickle that people feel he should not be guaranteed a start in the team. Same way people think Falcao should start over Costa. Just find it ridiculous. Some fans literally have no patience and are very rash.

PS. Respect Terry a bit more please. About old and slow... People really throw players under the bus too easily. Yes he's old and slow (always has been) but that doesn't mean we should completely write him off.

People seem to have forgotten John was widely recognised by pundits as the best CB in the PL last season .. he is only 4 months older now .

one week, people moan about signing some nobody from Ligue 1, the following week, people moan about why that signing wasn't included in the Champions League squad.

People want Mourinho to use/integrate youth players and then the same fellas moan about why he excluded an experienced player for youngsters. You can't have it both ways.

You're making the assumption that im one of those "people" that you're talking about here.

1) I didnt moan about signing an unknown CB. I know that an "unknown" CB can be considered to be "World Class" in one year, it happnes every season.

2) I dont care as much as others here about integrate youth players, especially when they just came from Brazil or they're not even from Chelsea's academy. I dont see a difference between them and Papy

You're making the assumption that im one of those "people" that you're talking about here.

1) I didnt moan about signing an unknown CB. I know that an "unknown" CB can be considered to be "World Class" in one year, it happnes every season.

2) I dont care as much as others here about integrate youth players, especially when they just came from Brazil or they're not even from Chelsea's academy. I dont see a difference between them and Papy

That's your view then. Either way, making a fuss of Djilo - who is only a squad player at best - being left out of the CL squad is silly.