Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's true and the board went behind Jose's back, then I'd be surprised if he got 10 minutes let alone 10 games. Did even Filipe Luis get 10 games?

Luis played 26 matches in all competitions last season, with 20 of them being starts.

Russian TV-pundit, who watch and comments a lot of Ligue 1 football, says that Djilobodji is a bargain for that money. Djilobodji is very tall guy, excellent in the air, great athlete and he's ready for Premier League. He's a pretty fast and he's ready to help Chelsea right now. It's surprise for him why no other top-club bought him before, because Djilobodji is ready for serious challenges. He thinks this is very good deal for Chelsea. He thinks that Djilobodji is not worse than Stones.

My only complain is that he is absolute piss with the ball and that is a no-go for today standards (just seen the videos tho) Even more here where we need more players to know how to play with ball, not less.

But i guess he could be quite good at defendig and that afterall is what CB realy has to do.

This video of him vs PSG makes him look fucking amazing.

I'll never understand why fans get pissed at a new signing. Dude is a Chelsea player and has done nothing to deserve anything but support. If you're pissed, go cuss out the board but it's downright disrespectful to aim any displeasure at a new signing.

I really don't understand it. First thing that came to my mind when I heard we bought him was excitement. Just cause you haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's no good. Or someone who can't help the team. There are tons and tons of players in world football that can do a job for Chelsea, so to write someone off just cause you haven't heard of them is ignorant to say the least.

I'll never understand why fans get pissed at a new signing. Dude is a Chelsea player and has done nothing to deserve anything but support. If you're pissed, go cuss out the board but it's downright disrespectful to aim any displeasure at a new signing.

I really don't understand it. First thing that came to my mind when I heard we bought him was excitement. Just cause you haven't heard of him doesn't mean he's no good. Or someone who can't help the team. There are tons and tons of players in world football that can do a job for Chelsea, so to write someone off just cause you haven't heard of them is ignorant to say the least.

Comfortably better than Cahill if that video is anything to go by. Looks better than any of our CBs did against PSG last year.

People saying he can't pass but look at the ball on 04.57 . His general passing is decent as well.

Zouma and Papy will shut shit down.

Azpi - Zouma - Papy - Baba now please.

Have we nobody in the academy who is promising enough to promote.? Hope this guy is good, otherwise it will send out a very negative message to our young uns

Hm,Christensen is loaned out and to be honest,I do not believe that he is good enough for Chelsea.Maybe after three or four seasons,he will be ready,but right now,we do not have a CB with very big potential in our youth.They are all good,bu no one would improve us.

THe talents that would be ready to improve us would be Musonda,Boga(loaned out),Solanke(loaned out),RLC(bench player),Charlie Colkett and Aina(much better than Iva,but that doesn´t mean anything)

your 100% rite mate

Comfortably better than Cahill if that video is anything to go by. Looks better than any of our CBs did against PSG last year.

People saying he can't pass but look at the ball on 04.57 . His general passing is decent as well.

Zouma and Papy will shut shit down.

Azpi - Zouma - Papy - Baba now please.

The same ones already writing him off did the same with Kenedy who they had probably never heard of before he was linked now they have changed their tune once they saw him play. it's just human nature to automatically dismiss an unknown player with little to no hype.

...he has developed a sound reputation for himself in France ... at such a low fee, [Chelsea] could possibly have grabbed themselves a deadline day bargain.

... uncompromising and forceful centre-back, who rarely comes out second best in aerial duels ... dominates the box with his physical stature.

...deceptively quick for his size, and though he is not blessed with blistering natural pace, he has a natural sense of positional awareness which allows him to be in the right place at the right time to intercept and to clear the danger, a feat which he has become especially renowned for.

...need to improve [on] lack of composure when in possession and his sometimes sloppy use of the ball from feet. His decision-making is by and large sensible; however at times he lacks the technical ability to pick out passes, and his poor distribution from feet has held him back from being a top defender at one of the bigger Ligue 1 clubs.

-source: French Football Weekly