Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

This snippet from someone at the Daily Mail who knows him isn't exactly comforting:

"Is he what Chelsea are looking for?

Doubtful. Based on how high they set the bar with John Stones, definitely not. Considering how late it is in the transfer window, this is being labelled a last-minute bargain, and even a panic-buy.

Many in France, however, have struggled to understand the rush of interest in Djilobodji from elsewhere in Europe.

Chelsea also made noises over Ezequiel Garay from Zenit St Petersburg and Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte, preferred options but complicated to complete on time.

In an ideal world, they want a long-term replacement for John Terry, but they'll get little more than a moderately creative centre half with reasonable physical ability in Djilobodji."

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This snippet from someone at the Daily Mail who knows him isn't exactly comforting:

"Is he what Chelsea are looking for?

Doubtful. Based on how high they set the bar with John Stones, definitely not. Considering how late it is in the transfer window, this is being labelled a last-minute bargain, and even a panic-buy.

Many in France, however, have struggled to understand the rush of interest in Djilobodji from elsewhere in Europe.

Chelsea also made noises over Ezequiel Garay from Zenit St Petersburg and Athletic Bilbao's Aymeric Laporte, preferred options but complicated to complete on time.

In an ideal world, they want a long-term replacement for John Terry, but they'll get little more than a moderately creative centre half with reasonable physical ability in Djilobodji."

Lol - it's like film reviews or restaurant reviews :)

Read Freakonomics - sometimes crazy decisions end up working out well - or moneyball :)

A lot of pundits and reporters talk shit and always stick to household names. They are no different to Stockbrokers - nobody can predict the future

The best Stockbrokers failed to predict the future better than a bunch of semi-trained chimps - that's how I see these news stories.

I hope he's a bit like Ashley Williams - as long as he doesn't try and kill anybody lol :)

our season rests on if Bran continues to play at RB.

The rest of the under performing I have faith in will return to form sooner than later.

Right now I can't have faith in anyone. The fat of the squad are under performing so much that it is hard to actually see the next win or the next bit of quality football that wins us that game.

People say Brana has been bad and that's right, but lets have it right here, Hazard, Costa, Matic, Terry, Willian, Tibo...and we can go on, have all been shockingly poor.

Looks like a panic typical Wenger signing after getting refused by all the top targets. Embarassing that our whole potential season might rest on this unknown player.

Tbf Wenger's transfer have never been quite the problem. Yeah he could have invested more but the reason he wins only smll tiles is his mentality. Currently in sorry more about us in that regard anyway.

Can't really argue with spending £3m on a decent defender, but I can't see why Kalas, Omeruo, Christensen to name a few weren't given a chance instead?

+1

But with jt and iva being over the hill I can totally see one of them playing a squad role here....not.

Strange strange signing. Can't see a decent reason for it. I don't care if we spend 3 mill or 30 mill as it's not out of my pocket so the price means nothing. Problem is that listening to a few french correspondents talking about him, they say he's decidedly average and cant quite understand this deal. Thing is he's no youngster either so really why bother? JT,zouma,cahill and brana can all play there so why get him in? Be suprised if he plays even as much as cuadrado did