Papy Djilobodji

pHaRaOn

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leboeuf,Azpi,Essien,Malouda,Drogba,Gallas,Cech..all great at some point,some longer than others..also some young players who either haven`t panned out yet or are elsewhere now.

Laurent Charvet the last player signed from Nantes by us if I recall correctly.. wasn`t the best but adequate depth at times. edit: no he was from Cannes.

This new lad is apparently comfortable as a defensive midfielder.

I like the sound of this deal. Getting back to strength and pace from the back with a certain versatility. I reckon Jose is bang on the case now and I feel change is coming. Quite excited by it if I'm honest.

Could be a very shrewd bit of business.

Never seen him play but people on French football pages are completely dumbfounded by the move and they clearly think he is nothing more than average at best.

Meh I have no expectations for this Papy guy and it's a very low price but we have obviously followed up the 'Rooney or bust' saga with 'Stones/Pogba or bust' this window.

Apparently he is fast, tall, strong, versatile, decent on the ball and dead cheap. Could be a brilliant stop gap signing. As for the age I hope doctors scan his hand bones should be done with all players coming from poorly developed counrties such as Senegal, nigeria, tansania, Scotland and eastern germany

The addition of Papy allows us to play a higher line defensively which is something I believe José would like to see. Would love to see him try it out in a COC match with a back four of :

Baba - Papy - Zouma - Azpi

This signing is good business.