Michael Hector

Stats

Bruma is terrible. Absolutely awful. For a player at this level I mean. He's barely good enough for PSV. I'd cry if he joined.

It's funny you mention this because there's this show in The Netherlands and they were talking about all these silly transfer fees in England, and they joked about Chelsea buying Bruma for crazy money on deadline day.

Bruma over Hector makes a lot more sense to me tbh. Scored a decent goal against Feyenoord as well last week.

Tbh signing another CB doesn't make sense at all though.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's this player?

But he will be a signing for this season or he will come back on loan at Reading?

Maybe he should go on loan to another Premier League team...

WHOSCORED. http://www.whoscored.com/Players/91840/Show/Michael-Hector

WIKIPEDIA. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Hector

As much as he impressed me in the Copa America and I saw him in a game for Reading in their last game of the season against Derby in which they won 3-0, it is quite an odd move. I mean he has years ahead of him him but he is 23, playing in the championship and Reading's third choice CB. He started the first league game of the season and since then has not started a league game for them.

This is what a Reading fan gave me on him: Seems like the club are definitely focusing on fast defenders who can use the ball.

"Still quite raw. Improved a lot of the course of last season but is still prone to the odd mistake. Think of Chris Smalling 4 years ago without the injuries and slightly less talent....

He's also 23 so it's not like he's a teenager either.

He's rated by pretty much all Reading fans but then our standard is a lot lower than Chelsea's. On his day he is brilliant (see FA Cup semi-final against Arsenal).

He has potential (was quite a late bloomer) and is good on the ball but I can't see him ever being a regular in a team higher than mid-table."

If his career here runs a Similar path to Smallings I won't be complaining

Bruma over Hector makes a lot more sense to me tbh. Scored a decent goal against Feyenoord as well last week.

Tbh signing another CB doesn't make sense at all though.

No, no, no. He'd be completely out of his depth. I can't even begin to think...

More so than Hector?

I don't even know who this guy is. When's the last time Chelsea signed a Championship player? (That wasn't a teenage 'future star')

If he's a worse player than Bruma, he must be really poor.

No, no, no. He'd be completely out of his depth. I can't even begin to think...

Bruma is better than Hector. They are the same age btw. You watch Bruma more than me I guess but I like him. If you think he is not good enough for us at all maybe you have a point but I think he could do a role here.

This is awesome! I was saying this summer how nice a player he looked when he played for Jamaica in the gold cup... He was a standout player, thought he was worthy of a big move. Perhaps not Chelsea big but he is a supporter and as I said he is a decent player. Reads the game well and has decent pace.

Bruma is better than Hector. They are the same age btw. You watch Bruma more than me I guess but I like him. If you think he is not good enough for us at all maybe you have a point but I think he could do a role here.

Bruma didn't develop much since he left the club. Failed at Chelsea, failed at HSV. Doesn't stand out in the Eredivisie and doesn't come close to the level the likes Vertonghen and Alderweireld reached in the Eredivise, and they're Spurs defenders.

It's because of players like Bruma, Veltman (Ajax), Kongolo (Feyenoord), Janmaat, Van der Wiel, Martins Indi the defence of the Netherlands is in such a poor state, having to fear matches against the likes of Iceland... Failing to qualify for EURO 2016 is actually a possibility.

Terence Kongolo is a much a better defender then Bruma, and we would probably sell him for peanuts. Stefan De Vrij is another good choice, more developed and better. Martins Indi would also be a good shout but he plays for Porto, they would ask for insane amount.

Got excited for a second with that name, thinking this guy might be English.

He is probably as "english" as sterling and Walcott. Just decided to play for his country of origin. He sounds english and was born here.

Bruma didn't develop much since he left the club. Failed at Chelsea, failed at HSV. Doesn't stand out in the Eredivisie and doesn't come close to the level the likes Vertonghen and Alderweireld reached in the Eredivise, and they're Spurs defenders.

It's because of players like Bruma, Veltman (Ajax), Kongolo (Feyenoord), Janmaat, Van der Wiel, Martins Indi the defence of the Netherlands is in such a poor state, having to fear matches against the likes of Iceland... Failing to qualify for EURO 2016 is actually a possibility.

Well Iceland is at the top of its group so I think its reasonable to fear them.

Wales top their group ahead of Belgium.maybe we should have been bidding on James Chester.Wales haven`t conceded in the last 3 games including two games against Belgium.

wouldn`t have been my number 1 target but I`d say better than we have bought/look to be buying the last 24 hours..HG.