Marquinhos

Liuxas

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we've not learned our lesson. We wanted Koulibaly, he was our main target. We were obviously led to believe there was a chance we could sign him, so why would we have just gone onto B or C target when our number 1 target could be obtainable. It's a bit naive to believe the board were only focusing soley on Koulibaly and didn't have back up options, but they wouldn't have known it would be so hard to negotiate with Napoli, or that they would have been wanting so much money for him. He is a risk for us after one good season at Napoli so we are within our rights to be cautious about overspending for him.

The board have obviously tried hard to get him, but it's just proving very difficult. At the end of the day no concrete news (apart from poor sources) has come out on whether there has been a contract put forward or whether Koulibaly will even accept. I think we should just wait before people start slating the board once again (and without good reason) and accusing them of poor business. So far we have done very good business, but it's simply not as easy to get every single target the club wants without resistance. 

Another vacuous rumour from the British press. I would be reluctant to believe what they say considering hardly any other reputable source has mentioned us being interested in him. Why would he leave PSG anyway? He is now a regular starter there and Emery won't wanna sell. 

• 6 months later...

Contract talks with Paris Saint-Germain have stalled, confirms Marquinhos’ agent

http://metro.co.uk/2017/03/06/contract-talks-with-paris-saint-germain-have-stalled-confirms-marquinhos-agent-6491304/#ixzz4aYhUurTg

Marquinhos would fit in that three at the back formation like a glove 

He's one of too-few defenders from the next generation who can be dubbed Mr. Reliable. Not just dependable like a player who scores 6.5-7/10 ratings most games. But a player who scores 8/10 ratings every game.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

He's one of too-few defenders from the next generation who can be dubbed Mr. Reliable. Not just dependable like a player who scores 6.5-7/10 ratings most games. But a player who scores 8/10 ratings every game.

So another Azpi you say? Wouldn't mind that, in theory. He's not that tall though, how does he fare in physical and aerial battles? I think if we want to replace Cahill it should be with another tower. You have players like Carroll, Llorente, Crouch, Kane, Giroud, Zlatan and others in this league, I'm just not sure who would be marking those guys in set-pieces if we replace our strongest defender with another Azpi.

• 9 months later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You