Everton v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need a reaction in this game, both on the team sheet by the manager and from the players on the pitch. What I would prefer to see:

Tibo

Dave - Zouma - Terry - Baba

Ramires - Matic - Fabregas

Pedro - Costa - Kenedy

According to Jose Baba wasn't quite ready yet, so maybe stick Kenedy at LB and hope Hazard shows up. I see so much drive and pace in this line-up that we might actually be effective in counter-attack... might.

The International break for once I think has come at the right time for the club. Could do with Jose staying out of the papers and the players that are left (ok very few) have some time to work on stuff.

Those that are away come back fresh with any luck and we can start the season again at Everton

The team as it is at present looks bereft of ideas, and, dare I say it (so early in the season) TIRED. Ivanovich needs to be benched forthe rest of the season. fabregas needs to get his head out of his arse. Hazard really needs to discover his true form as he is a shadow of the player we had last season. Costa needs to drop the boxing gloves and concentrate on scoring goals again.Willian, try and find your shooting boots son, because you couldn't even hit the back of the Shed End lately. Have to say Kenedy looked impressive, but then we only saw a flash of him.

Everton will be a very tough test for us as usual. A positive result here should kick start our season, so a little more attacking inovation and perhaps a change to 4-4-2 could do the trick :getin:

what I think it will be,not what I`d do. we win 2-1 JT and Costa, for them Barklay

4-3-3

Courtois

Azpi

Zouma

Terry

Baba

Ramires

Matic

Oscar

Pedro

Costa

Hazard

Subs

Begovic

Willian

Fabregas

Cahill

Falcao

Kenedy

Ivanovic

Mourinho playing 4 3 3 ?

Mourinho playing 4 3 3 ?

Mourinho has, more often than not, gone with 4-3-3 whenever we play one of the top 7 sides away from home and one suspects he will do so again at Everton. He did it last season and the season before IIRC.

Mourinho playing 4 3 3 ?

He won back to back league titles with it in the past for us so it's not foreign to him and not much different than the 4-2-3-1. The 10/ false 10 comes from a deeper position,spends more time on build up play than coming back from a higher position,good for counter attacking..Pedro and Hazard play more or less the same as now. Matic DM. Ramires tracking Barkley and peeling off for counter attacks. Oscar setting the pace and feeding the front 3,fullbacks won't need so much secondary help with athletic ability and Everton not having much width.4-3-3 suits more of our players named in that team.

Why all of a sudden are people not including Terry in their lineup? Imo he is still an outstanding defender and obviously an unmatchable Captain. I think he was having a solid game against West Brom until that dive by Rondon. Against City it was Cahill who was being tore By Aguero not him.

Don't let the media decieve you by all their talk of him being past it. Let's not forget he was the best defender in the league last season and one of the best in the world. Not only he was great in the games we played a low line, he was great in the games we pressed high up the pitch. It was Cahill and Ivanovic who struggled against a high line not him. Starting papy instead of him would be madness.

Or remy

I also hate that Falcao has just taken Remy's spot with no contest,..but I doubt Remy would've scored the goal Falcao did against Palace. After Palace took the lead, and elected to pack their box with players, it was going to take something special to score from that point. That goal came almost out of nowhere, considering how poor our attack was that day.