Everton 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

That RB position is a major problem and that's without taking Brana into the equation. We lack zero threat from that side, we need an athletic player who is capable of going up and down to do both jobs as well as flanking Pedro. Even watching Coleman yesterday, watch how he always tries to get at the LB or get behind them from a lay off, we can't do that because we are snookered with the pace and intelligence of Ivanovic. This is where it becomes obvious that Azpilicueta reverts to this side and we slot Baba right in at LB.

I won't make excuses for Hazard because he has been very poor, but for fucks sake he needs help, and a right footed LB is not helping our attacking influence when Dave will only go so far and stop attacking. This is another square peg in a round hole situation again. Dave is a fantastic defender, but he isn't fantastic going forward on a side he isn'r fully comfortable with, so both sides right and left we have a major problem because the lack of support and end product is virtually zero. This will always be a constant problem whilst Jose continues to play Brana, until that is eradicated then this problem goes on and on.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I had your confidence. JM has got a love in with Branna. Can't believe that JM doesn't see what we all see with Branna defending and crossing. So what's going on?

Wish I had your confidence. JM has got a love in with Branna. Can't believe that JM doesn't see what we all see with Branna defending and crossing. So what's going on?

Iva is a Chelsea hero.

There should be Drogba goodbye scenes in the stadium when he leaves.

Pity he is treated this way.

It tends to become the case with defenders unfortunately.

I remember the great Kostas Linoxilakis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kostas_Linoxilakis) who died last December.

Difficult to find more accomplished footballers - Torino was after him in those years but Panathinaikos were not selling.

Yet in his last season he made terrible mistakes and everyone poured venom.

In his latter life he became a highly respected statesman, but we talk about his football years.

Iva then was a hero last season. More praise for him for his appearances with Serbia national team in June.

Then this.

But in sport everything comes to an end - can't be avoided.

I said on the MH weeks ago that we are on dead trouble, it's now including the preseason won one game.

we were struggling then and we are struggling even worse now.

I asked if you thought Jose had lost his mojo, because I think he has, this is not the JM we loved til the ends of the earth.

He now looks a sullen angry ranting wreck, for my part he's lost it, I don't know what has happened since last season why we've become so bad, how did the best defence last season become the worst this season?

And as for the players I don't think i'm going to see a worse bunch of disinterested ne'er do well's in my life, how has the whole first team who ever he picks got this bad?

Sorry Jose your time is up, your never going to repair this damage, we're just going to lurch from one bad result to another, you've obviously lost the players they are just not interested you can see the disillusionment all over the pitch.

Sorry mate it's time to go, i've been one of your biggest fans since the first day you arrived (check out my monicker) but the smily jokey Jose who could rectify any problem is not more.

Thanks for everything and goodbye.

JBD

I don't even have words for this... What is happening...

The Fall Of The Roman Empire, that's what happening mate.. don't need to wake up you're not dreaming.

What is shocking to notice, is that we have conceded the most number of goals of any team (12), and we have the worst goal difference! (-5)

Pathetic!

Methinks that some of the current 1st team are likely to shipped out at the end of the season. It clear that certain members of this squad seem to believe they are on a busman's holiday or have reached their sell by date. This is Chelsea so we shouldn't need to be carrying players with no drive or determination.

Where do I start? Just awful. So many people got their wish of seeing a Zouma and Terry pairing and both were shocking. Terry could not deal with Lukaku's hold up play. Zouma's positioning was poor and technically is a joke. A couple times in the first half, a more composed defender like Cahill or Stones would have kept possession. What did he do? Boot it in the stands. He has a good leap but he really needs to learn to position himself as a CB. Where was he for the first goal? No where. was absolutely poor. Second half, when Kone tried to play in Lukaku I think it was but then we got away with it, his positioning was poor as picked up on the commentators. He showed nothing to convince me that he should take Cahill's place in the team.

Azpi was poor as well. Kone constantly bullied him in the first half and second half he was done time and time out again with pace and battled out physically. He got forward once in the game where he shot and was deflected and that is about it. The lack of offensive play from our FB is just poor and it sets us back. Terry had no dominance in the game at all.

We were second best to every ball. Stones and Jagielka had a field day up against Costa who was awful again and preferred to get into petty fights and squabbles once again. He lost every ball in the air and every one on one he tried he failed. Fabregas was invisible once again. Hazard just is not himself. Pedro did a few nice turns and tricks but not enough cutting edge. We were outplayed. Barkley just ran through our team and dominated the game. We lack someone who has the physical presence that he does and that is why we are bullied throughout the game. It is like we are emulating Arsenal. No real physical players. Can't believe we have 4 points from 5 games.

If I was Wenger I would literall play Sanchez, Ozil, Chamberlain and Walcott lining up against us. Our defence just cannot handle movement and pace and boy I am worried. I feel like a lot of the players, Mourinho is losing his passion as well. Probably will be 11 points behind City and what are fighting for? Top 4. Too much shame for Mourinho.

Matic was the only one who comes in for credit. Not for the goal but he was the only one who got stuck in, won some tackles and showed a physical presence. Everyone else was awful.

Oh and for Stones, what a top defender. Can see what the hype is about and why Everton were so resistent to sell. Totally dominant in the air and on the ball. Brilliant defender.

On Lukaku - not sure what you're on about. He was very invisible in the game.

bego - decent. could not do anything for any of the goals.

iva - hahaahahhahahahahahahah

zouma/JT - poor. got owned by lukaku multiple times.

azpi - decent performance.

matic - only bright spot

mikel - poor in covering spaces. but if you have iva and cesc in the team, you have tooooo much space to cover.

cesc - hhahahahahhaahahhahaha

hazard - hahahahahahahahhaahhaha

pedro - good movement. but the poor guy would be thinking what a massive mistake he has made.

costa - he is better than lukaku? really? i remember in a comparion of 2004vs2014, alot of people had said that he was better than DD. really? he is not good enough to lace DD's boots. no aerial presence. shit link up play. cant take a shot if his life depended on it.

subs -

kenedy - shite.

falcao - that one pass to iva in a counter was brilliant. except for that shite.

willian - shite.

What in God's name has Lukaku done for him to be even considered better than Costa?! Just wow, some people have very, very short term memory.

What in God's name has Lukaku done for him to be even considered better than Costa?!

better link up play. infact way better link up play than costa, which is something that is apparently his biggest flaw in the game.

far more of a threat.

lesser turnover of possession to make our already fragile defence, even more fragile to counter attacks.

his hold up play has improved too from the previous season.

all in all, lukaku is as good if not better than costa. and will only get better.remember, still just 22.

On Lukaku - not sure what you're on about. He was very invisible in the game.

He had a very good game. He caused our defence all sort of problems. He was a key part of their second goal and had fantastic hold up play. He was very unofrtunate not to score. Just look at the player ratings from various sites to see the description about his performance. Constantly got into space and his movement and general play was very good. Just lacked the goal. Had a very good game.

He had a very good game. He caused our defence all sort of problems. He was a key part of their second goal and had fantastic hold up play. He was very unofrtunate not to score. Just look at the player ratings from various sites to see the description about his performance. Constantly got into space and his movement and general play was very good. Just lacked the goal. Had a very good game.

If you watched the game, essentially all Everton attacks were transition attack where there were so much space at the back. And it is well documented that lukaku is a really good player if you play counter attacking football

Considering that we lost, I'm surprised this thread has only 9 pages...

Well, everyone is worried when things are not going well and remedies are sought.

We wrote 29 pages last year after PSG, as Chelsea myth of near European supremacy got busted.

Costa is slower than a barge in the Thames these days, that's where troubles start imho. Pity. I always knew he was a Gert Muller-Hrubesch type of player at best, but he is not even doing what those two were doing.

I can't figure out a solution except experiments until a sort of shape is reached. Now we are a blob. We need to find some shape and then proceed to develop a new squad.

So are people prepared to swallow their pride and apologise to barcelona fans that called this guy a fraud?

are people prepared to swallow their pride and apologise to chelsea fans who did not want him here in the first place?