Everton 3-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Where do I start? Just awful. So many people got their wish of seeing a Zouma and Terry pairing and both were shocking. Terry could not deal with Lukaku's hold up play. Zouma's positioning was poor and technically is a joke. A couple times in the first half, a more composed defender like Cahill or Stones would have kept possession. What did he do? Boot it in the stands. He has a good leap but he really needs to learn to position himself as a CB. Where was he for the first goal? No where. was absolutely poor. Second half, when Kone tried to play in Lukaku I think it was but then we got away with it, his positioning was poor as picked up on the commentators. He showed nothing to convince me that he should take Cahill's place in the team.

Azpi was poor as well. Kone constantly bullied him in the first half and second half he was done time and time out again with pace and battled out physically. He got forward once in the game where he shot and was deflected and that is about it. The lack of offensive play from our FB is just poor and it sets us back. Terry had no dominance in the game at all.

We were second best to every ball. Stones and Jagielka had a field day up against Costa who was awful again and preferred to get into petty fights and squabbles once again. He lost every ball in the air and every one one he tried he failed. Fabregas was invisible once again. Hazard just is not himself. Pedro did a few nice turns and tricks but not enough cutting edge. We were outplayed. Barkley just ran through our team and dominated the game. We lack someone who has the physical presence that he does and that is why we are bullied throughout the game. It is like we are emulating Arsenal. No real physical players. Can't believe we have 4 points from 5 games.

If I was Wenger I would literall play Sanchez, Ozil, Chamberlain and Walcott lining up against us. Our defence just cannot handle movement and pace and boy I am worried. I feel like a lot of the players, Mourinho is losing his passion as well. Probably will be 11 points behind City and what are fighting for? Top 4. Too much shame for Mourinho.

Matic was the only one who comes in for credit. Not for the goal but he was the only one who got stuck in, won some tackles and showed a physical presence. Everyone else was awful.

Oh and for Stones, what a top defender. Can see what the hype is about and why Everton were so resistent to sell. Totally dominant in the air and on the ball. Brilliant defender.

No physical players?! We started the game with Terry, Zouma, Ivanovic, Mikel, Matic, and Costa in the line-up.

If anything, our problems appear to be down to a lack of mobility and dynamism within the team rather than a lack of muscle.

I want to see: Begovic; Azpi-Zouma/Cahill-Terry-Baba; Matic; Oscar, Willian; Hazard, Pedro; Costa tried-out as soon as possible. I'd be surprised if that line-up played worse than one containing both Ivanovic and Fabregas at the moment.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched chelsea since 1993

Never saw anything like this.

Boring football lazy players .

If we fight but lose that's accepted for me , but this squad didn't run and fight at all

Shame and no Pride while they keep a good looking interview all the times.

John fucking Terry, Brana, Fabregas, Hazard all should just not show up for practice or games. I'll never dream of a day when Mikel was the best player of the first half. WTF? We only had two defenders, Aspi and Zouma. Pedro has caught the fever too. I already knew we were in for a loss. Its the tradition of this team, every time they come back from Intl games, we lose or play very poorly.

What a surprise

Jose doesn't blame the players or himself and that he is still a champion

Well I'm sorry you egotistical prick you and the players are to blame!!!

Oh and he just said nothing needs changing and we just have to wait...

Ahh fans have short memories..

God this bloke is a twat

jose knew what he was doing signing a 4 year contract :) 4 years of pay for half a season maybe? Clever person! shame he only likes to be at 1 place for 3 years before he gets bored.

Every player on the pitch should be kicking themselves but they wont because they will see 100k a week going in the bank still! why would they kick themselves!

You've been brained washed by the media. What happened after January is normal for any team. Yes, we were not as exciting but we had good quality to kill of the teams and the games.

You're a fool if you think Man City can play this kind of football until the end of the season. It will come the time when they start to struggle a bit as well (maybe not as bad as us).

I dont care for the media, i dont even read the english media. We tapered off last season from january on. We got the title due to City sucking and a few excellent players (eg Hazard). We know look completely like loose sand. No philosophy whatsoever PLUS the players have shut down motivationally.

No physical players?! We started the game with Terry, Zouma, Ivanovic, Mikel, Matic, and Costa in the line-up.

If anything, our problems appear to be down to a lack of mobility and dynamism within the team rather than a lack of muscle.

I want to see: Begovic; Azpi-Zouma/Cahill-Terry-Baba; Matic; Oscar, Willian; Hazard, Pedro; Costa tried-out as soon as possible. I'd be surprised if that line-up played worse than one containing both Ivanovic and Fabregas at the moment.

There phsyical but they can't dominate the game physically in the way the likes of Toure do. Terry and Zouma were poor against Lukaku, Kone and Naismith. Did not match them up physically at all. Zouma has a lot to learn really. People overrate him. If he was good technically and improved his positioning he would be good but right now he lacks that. The thing that helps him with his poor positioning sometimes is his pace but right now I would have Cahill over him for sure.

Form is temporary, class stays!!

As bad as we feel right now, the offensive players will regain their form eventually. In my opinion, the only thing we structurally have to improve is our defence.

Let's do damage control until winter, splurge on reinforcements and then come out all guns blazing...

As bad as we feel right now, the offensive players will regain their form eventually. In my opinion, the only thing we structurally have to improve is our defence.

Let's do damage control until winter, splurge on reinforcements and then come out all guns blazing...

Such as Torres and other 'class' players?

We used to play terrible and win.

Now we play terrible football and lose.

There's no comparison between second half of the season to now.

In the former we were just getting the job done, I never felt we couldn't win, now we could have Watford at home and I'll fear defeat.

Although we have Arsenal at home next, we usually win that one regardless of what form we are in.

Things will turnaround soon and a lot of people complaining will start saying how good the team is blah blah...