Aymen Abdennour

Chelsea4

Chelsea are set to give up their attempt to sign John Stones & instead take Monaco defender Aymen Abdennour in a deal worth £15m (Mail) #CFCcfc.png

Chelsea have opened negotiations with #Monaco for Abdennour and are confident they can close the deal before Tuesday's transfer deadline (Mail)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now now @Chelsea4, remember to insert the player's name properly. We wouldn't want another WUM to moan about names here. :ph34r:

maybe they are two different players ,, I find all these names confusing ,, Its why we should only buy English players .. like Terry or Cole or Cole or Cole

or maybe Cahill or even Stones ... But Brazillians are ok as well Oscar Fred Hulk especially Alex ,, he still writes on here (not as well as he used to )

if we MUST have all these Abcdz piuos can we please call them Dave ,, Rodney or Justin

can`t say I`ve seen much of him. but I presume somebody at the club has and 15m tho once our record signing price when we got JFH, is not so much in todays market.

is the kind of price that doesn`t add too much expectations and be able to move him out if it doesn`t work out..we need one more defender this year but more in the next few years. Kalas hopefully counts for one of those.tho I`d be happy if we had him now.

Think is piss poor planning to be waiting this late to get a player.

Everyone was hyping up and high fiving for last season transfer window but I knew it was too good to be true.

Brought down to earth all the high and lofty people.

And not to mention to have done the same thing like we did with Rooney in wasting all our time in one target and then settling for a temporary option....

Everywhere Ive looked say hes just ok. They say hes more associated with a Barcelona style of play and would fit well with their philosophy.

He is good with the ball at his feet, is left-sided and would fit well into Barcelona's possession-based style of play.

Bit of a drop from Varane eh.

Everywhere Ive looked say hes just ok. They say hes more associated with a Barcelona style of play and would fit well with their philosophy.

He is good with the ball at his feet, is left-sided and would fit well into Barcelona's possession-based style of play.

Bit of a drop from Varane eh.

That said, isnt our style more and more possesion based? I mean I dont say we are absolutely brilliant in it, but its clear we are trying to play more in that way. In attacks, we keep passing and passing, almost until there is someone 1on1 with GK.

Then you see our defenders who all they can do is hoof the ball somewhere in the sides of the pitch to fuck up every possesion we could contain.

For a change, it would be nice to have a CB who can control the ball and not start panic when opponent gets close to him. Abdennour age also seems to be spot on in corelation with rest of our current CBs. He can play with Terry because he is fast enough, he can play with Zouma because he is enough mature and experienced and he can play with Cahill because he can lead the defense.

That said, isnt our style more and more possesion based? I mean I dont say we are absolutely brilliant in it, but its clear we are trying to play more in that way. In attacks, we keep passing and passing, almost until there is someone 1on1 with GK.

Then you see our defenders who all they can do is hoof the ball somewhere in the sides of the pitch to fuck up every possesion we could contain.

For a change, it would be nice to have a CB who can control the ball and not start panic when opponent gets close to him. Abdennour age also seems to be spot on in corelation with rest of our current CBs. He can play with Terry because he is fast enough, he can play with Zouma because he is enough mature and experienced and he can play with Cahill because he can lead the defense.

I totally agree we should have alternative players in every position that can offer an alternative option and not just a lesser copy. Id not say no to him. Cant be worse than current option.

Abdennour to valencia deal done . We missed abdennour while we were chasing fucking Stones.It's too late. fool board.

Where did you see it´s confirmed? It doesn´t seem to have been announced or anything where I´ve been searching.

I´ve seen rumours but nothing official yet.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You