Kenedy

the wes

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

him and Traore would be great as wing backs, i wish they were with us right now.

Traore? He is small and also not really physical, and adding to that he is left footed, which is not really good for putting crosses in. Instead we should recall him and have him play as RF.

On 11/7/2016 at 3:50 PM, MefiX19 said:

Traore? He is small and also not really physical, and adding to that he is left footed, which is not really good for putting crosses in. Instead we should recall him and have him play as RF.

Kenedy is left-footed, no?  And Alonso?

• 2 weeks later...

14 minutes ago, the wes said:

Get him back we are short for wing back cover 

I reckon hes got the makings of one too. WSe never had a scooby that he would work as a LB but the fellas nippy and offwnsive minded.

Its a shame we dont have Felipe uis too. I think hed make a good LWB maybe.

My initial hope was that Kenedy could be a good LWB along with Baba but its curious that Conte would send them both away knowing full well we only really had alonso/aina for LWB. Perhaps he could have a moses-esque resurgence and adapt to the role but he will have to really commit to getting back on D and reading the game. I was enthusiastic about his possibilities as a LWB now im a lot more hesitant. 

I would definately bring him back here in jan. I still have full faith he can make it as LWB. 

But he needs to play alot. Now his loan is pointless, even if he wont play much here, he can learn from conte and improve for next season. Alonso cant play every game and I certainly prefer Kenedy over Iva.

On 11/24/2016 at 2:46 PM, Unionjack said:

I reckon hes got the makings of one too. WSe never had a scooby that he would work as a LB but the fellas nippy and offwnsive minded.

Its a shame we dont have Felipe uis too. I think hed make a good LWB maybe.

only if Mourinho wouldn't sell ryan bertrand we had another home grown player and really great WLB he could have been perfect for this job, still miss this lad.

I think loaning him to Watford was logical because they have an Italian manager who usually sets up with a 3 man defence and wing backs where he could develop and learn the role before maybe being considered for a place here in a similar position... and I'm sure the club thought the same considering Conte always thought about using 3 at the back and wing backs eventually.

Shame it's not worked out but would have been a good loan if he could get in to the team in that left wing back role ahead of Holebas. 

23 hours ago, blueblood22 said:

only if Mourinho wouldn't sell ryan bertrand we had another home grown player and really great WLB he could have been perfect for this job, still miss this lad.

Bertrand doesn't offer anywhere near enough offensively for wing back.

22 hours ago, Tomo said:

Bertrand doesn't offer anywhere near enough offensively for wing back.

well you wouldn't say Moses have any defensively strengths few months ago, so you cannot know what magic Conte could have done with Bertrand, and even without Conte i believe Bertrand is not that far away offensively form Marcos Alonso .

8 minutes ago, blueblood22 said:

well you wouldn't say Moses have any defensively strengths few months ago, so you cannot know what magic Conte could have done with Bertrand, and even without Conte i believe Bertrand is not that far away offensively form Marcos Alonso .

Just because it worked with Moses doesn't mean any Tom, Dick and Harry could. Its like saying give every manager loads of time because well look at Fergie. If Bertrand was to work in this system it would be as a LCB but playing two natural full backs in a back three would probably make us more suseptible down the middle.

On 24/11/2016 at 2:32 PM, akgw13 said:

My initial hope was that Kenedy could be a good LWB along with Baba but its curious that Conte would send them both away knowing full well we only really had alonso/aina for LWB. Perhaps he could have a moses-esque resurgence and adapt to the role but he will have to really commit to getting back on D and reading the game. I was enthusiastic about his possibilities as a LWB now im a lot more hesitant. 

As an offensive option, I never had any hope for Kennedy from the moment I first saw his YouTube videos. Not enough quality of touch.

I love his hussle around the pitch but I do not think this qualifies him as a wingback. Indeed, I'd say he has a better chance as an out-and-out left back. The key component of a wingback is to be a good possession player. This is why a rather ordinary defender like Alonso, and a converted attacker like Moses, have nevertheless made good contributions to our general improvement.

Kennedy is not a good possession player. He's more about making explosive and spectacular contributions. Minute by minute, game by game, moving the ball around calmly and accurately is not his thing. That is Alonso's thing however, and I love him for it.

Even so, I want us to find an upgrade to Marcos. I want a player who can give us the stability in possession which Alonso provides but with a more powerful defensive performance at the same time. Kennedy is not that player. Learning to be an excellent defender who can provide an overlapping threat is his main chance. A threat which comes from getting on the end of passing combinations, rather than being involved in them.

This is a huge task for Kennedy. He has spent virtually all his life as an attacker yet he has not become an excellent one. To change to a new position now, and to excel at it, is almost certainly too much to hope for.

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

As an offensive option, I never had any hope for Kennedy from the moment I first saw his YouTube videos. Not enough quality of touch.

I love his hussle around the pitch but I do not think this qualifies him as a wingback. Indeed, I'd say he has a better chance as an out-and-out left back. The key component of a wingback is to be a good possession player. This is why a rather ordinary defender like Alonso, and a converted attacker like Moses, have nevertheless made good contributions to our general improvement.

Kennedy is not a good possession player. He's more about making explosive and spectacular contributions. Minute by minute, game by game, moving the ball around calmly and accurately is not his thing.that is Alonso's thing however, and I love him for it.

Even so, I want us to find an upgrade  Marcos. I want a player who can give us the stability in possession which Alonso provides but with a more powerful defensive performance at the same time. Kennedy is not that player.

We will see how he develops. I think he could be absolutely brilliant sub if we need to get back in the game. He is a direct and not afraid to try things. Also very quick and decently strong which is great against tired defences.