test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Kenedy

Started by Jason,

807 posts in this topic
Kenedy failed to get regular time under 3 different coaches at Chelsea and has failed big time at Watford. Now he played 4 good games for Newcastle and he's suddenly attracted strong interest from Bayern and PSG? Yeah, sure. Nice work from his agent.
Played 8 games so far for Newcastle and has arguably impressed in everyone. He's a WF that has hardly, if ever, been played in that position in a Blues shirt.

27 minutes ago, pHaRaOn said:

Kenedy failed to get regular time under 3 different coaches at Chelsea and has failed big time at Watford. Now he played 4 good games for Newcastle and he's suddenly attracted strong interest from Bayern and PSG? Yeah, sure. Nice work from his agent.

Seems April fools day is turning into April fools month. If Kenedy goes PSG or Bayern it would be up there with Gravesen's transfer to Real Madrid on the bizarre scale.

Go through the thread and you'll see a decent number of posters, myself included saying he is clearly a forward/winger type and not one for the wing back position. 

He has pace, skills, tidy on the ball, is powerful, and can beat his man with his direct play. 

I'm not sure what others are seeing, but it is blatantly obvious he is an extremely gifted player. Just because he wasn't involved in games with us, and at times out of position, doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Same way Hazard looks useless playing as a false 9 against City... Yet he is one of the world's best. Was always more suited up the field, and is one of the good talents we have. 

Odoi, himself, Willian, with the possible purchase Bailey, and I don't think it would be catastrophic if Hazard left as far as filling those wing positions. Give our young players a chance. We didn't give it to KDB, Salah or Lukaku. KDB is the only one I'm really bummed about, since he is the only one I thought had world class potential, but as you can see, it takes a little bit of time and patience and you get absolute gems. 

Kennedy has all the attributes to be great. I'm not sure what his detractors can point to as far as missing skills for the winger position. 

Say what you want about Liverpool and Tottenham, but they give their young players a chance. I will say that I'm pleased to see a talented player like Odoi being given one, so hopefully it is the start of something new here. Build a high powered offensive system, one that doesn't rely on a single player like ours does (Hazard, or Willian at times) and consequently free up room to give younger talents a chance to shine and build confidence. 

Unionjack likes this

On Wednesday, Kenedy was voted Newcastle’s Player of the Month for March by the club’s official shirt sponsors Fun88.

On 4/11/2018 at 7:19 AM, Thor said:

Go through the thread and you'll see a decent number of posters, myself included saying he is clearly a forward/winger type and not one for the wing back position. 

He has pace, skills, tidy on the ball, is powerful, and can beat his man with his direct play. 

I'm not sure what others are seeing, but it is blatantly obvious he is an extremely gifted player. Just because he wasn't involved in games with us, and at times out of position, doesn't mean he isn't a good player. Same way Hazard looks useless playing as a false 9 against City... Yet he is one of the world's best. Was always more suited up the field, and is one of the good talents we have. 

Odoi, himself, Willian, with the possible purchase Bailey, and I don't think it would be catastrophic if Hazard left as far as filling those wing positions. Give our young players a chance. We didn't give it to KDB, Salah or Lukaku. KDB is the only one I'm really bummed about, since he is the only one I thought had world class potential, but as you can see, it takes a little bit of time and patience and you get absolute gems. 

Kennedy has all the attributes to be great. I'm not sure what his detractors can point to as far as missing skills for the winger position. 

Say what you want about Liverpool and Tottenham, but they give their young players a chance. I will say that I'm pleased to see a talented player like Odoi being given one, so hopefully it is the start of something new here. Build a high powered offensive system, one that doesn't rely on a single player like ours does (Hazard, or Willian at times) and consequently free up room to give younger talents a chance to shine and build confidence. 

Interesting read Thor. Thank you.

Have to say that I completely disagree with you. From the first time I saw his highlight videos I thought, and posted to say, that Kennedy was not good enough. I felt, and still feel, that his technique was/is lacking. Clearly we are seeing the same stuff, we just assess it differently. As for the plaudits at Newcastle, my view is that it's hype just as I said, and say, that Charly Musonda's good reviews at Betis were hype.

Johnnyeye and Tomo like this

On 4/10/2018 at 6:52 PM, manpe said:

A new Salah whose departure we will curse perhaps? Such clubs circling around him should be a red flag to the board, they know their shit, we don't.

First, you'd have to believe the story which claims the big clubs are interested. I don't.

On 10/04/2018 at 8:43 PM, Tomo said:

Seems April fools day is turning into April fools month. If Kenedy goes PSG or Bayern it would be up there with Gravesen's transfer to Real Madrid on the bizarre scale.

Julien Faubert, another West Ham fullback (see this tosh  http://www.talkchelsea.net/transfers/chelsea-and-tottenham-battling-to-sign-west-hams-arthur-masuaku/  as to why I say another) to Real in 2009 was yet another bizarre one.

Julien Faubert: I didn’t fall asleep at Madrid – I just closed my eyes because I was bored

https://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/julien-faubert-i-didnt-fall-asleep-real-madrid-i-just-closed-my-eyes-because-i-was-bored

LOLOLOL:blink:

Tomo likes this

Rafa Benitez would also like to sign Chelsea winger Kenedy on a permanent basis, Sky Sports News understands, but knows he faces competition from clubs across Europe. 

Rafa Benitez would also like to sign Chelsea winger Kenedy on a permanent basis, Sky Sports News understands, but knows he faces competition from clubs across Europe. 

I don't believe this. Across Europe from who?? He's not a good player. Decent at running hard in to open space but he lacks wayyy too much in other areas. His one hope for making it at a top club was as a LB/LWB. And that didn't quite work out/didn't get that much time there.

Middle table player. But we will make a profit at some point, so well done by the club.
Tomo and DYC. like this

On 5/15/2018 at 9:29 PM, the wes said:

If hes used as a winger would they accept a buy back clause?

the wes likes this

I rate Kenedy. Technically lacking a bit, but nothing that cant be gleaned. His attitude is street, hard, and with good potential. FSW can see that

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Would they accept a buy back clause?

I hope so we can't afford another Salah or KDB fuck up 

48 minutes ago, the wes said:

I hope so we can't afford another Salah or KDB fuck up 

If we hold onto every youngster out of fear he's the next KDB then that will damage us much much more than what losing him did.

For 1 KDB there's 10 Schurle's, 20 Kakuta's, 50 Bamford's and 100 Mancienne's.

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

If we hold onto every youngster out of fear he's the next KDB then that will damage us much much more than what losing him did.

For 1 KDB there's 10 Schurle's, 20 Kakuta's, 50 Bamford's and 100 Mancienne's.

Fair point mate could you picture kenedy turning into cracking player this forum would go into melt down lol 2bh no Chelsea manager as played him in his correct position that's LW that's probably why he did well at Newcastle under Rafa 

Unionjack likes this

RB Leipzig want to sign Chelsea winger Kenedy if they are forced into selling Arsenal-target Emil Forsberg, according to Bild.

Leipzig expect to pay up to €20m (£17.5m) to bring the Brazilian to the Bundesliga, although the 22-year-old is also a target of PSG and Bayern Munich.