Kenedy

the wes

Against palace he was asleep for the 2nd goal. Can't blame a 19 year old forward though.

Against Everton and liverpool, name one player who even looked like they wanted to be on the pitch.

I honestly can't even see the benefit of playing a 19 year old winger as a full back. We are Chelsea. Not some pub team. Unfortunately, this is what happens when your manager has no forward vision and no intention of rotating his squad. Otherwise we might have had Bertrand or Luis.

Like Carra said, most fullbacks get moved from either winger or centre back at some point, if he can patch up on his defensive side I don't see why it can't work out.

I'm not judging him conpared to the rest of the side and I'm judging him on his merits and performance, on the wing he's looked very raw, at left back going forward he has looked brilliant, sometimes moving players back isn't actually ruining them and before people mention Mikel, it wasn't actually Jose that moved him back permanently, it was Scolari.

Like Carra said, most fullbacks get moved from either winger or centre back at some point, if he can patch up on his defensive side I don't see why it can't work out.

I'm not judging him conpared to the rest of the side and I'm judging him on his merits and performance, on the wing he's looked very raw, at left back going forward he has looked brilliant, sometimes moving players back isn't actually ruining them and before people mention Mikel, it wasn't actually Jose that moved him back permanently, it was Scolari.

Moving a left mid to left back is acceptable, not a winger, eg - zhirkov. Also, I don't think it's acceptable to judge his individual performance against pool and Everton cause well, messi would have found it hard to make an impact considering how poor, gutless and absolutely uninterested we looked in both those games.

Also, why are we approaching things in a round about way. Play players in their natural positions and develop other aspects of their game to make them better overall players. Don't play attackers as defenders and then develop their defensive side of the game. Hence I said, we will be ruining him specially since he looks like he has some good techniqur.

Just buy Ricardo Rodriguez and play him as lb, azpi as rb and keep baba as backup.

He is like the most skilfull LB I have ever seen. The number of times he beat a player with a neat trick I have lost counting. Amazing ball control. Also did ok defensively. He really should be used higher up the pitch whilst Pedro should take more of an impact sub role.

He is a winger not LB. You can put many players to LB but they aint actual LB.

Barca deployed Pedro as RB too, saying Kenedy is most skillful LB is bit funny then.

But anyway despite good game, Im dissapointed we have a manager who plays promising winger as fucking fullback AND also leaves Azpi on bench.

About Kenedy, all respect to the lad. He doesnt complain, does his job. Realy good on the ball, overall raw player, but he has talent. And with his workrate, I have big trust for him.

I really don't understand the moaning, this is attacking football and Jose went all out, rightly, against a team that sat back and tried to play a 0-0. If Pep did this people around here would be giddy, obviously he will not deploy this against Tottenham but I would not be surprised to see him make a appearance against, say, Bournemouth.

By the way, Jose's plan did work and he was excellent in that position.

After reading Jose's reasoning for this choice I cannot disagree with it. He was using Kenedy as a tactical tool, we won = it paid off. I do however question the decision to play Ivanovic ahead Azpi, but there might have been reasons we don't know of either.

Hes an attacking player. He was playing in a position that was not so much a left-back, Mourinho said.

We were ready for them to play with four at the back, but also ready for them to play with five like they did against Manchester City.

If they played with five, I wanted us to play with three at the back with Kenedy as a winger.

In the end he played as an aggressive full-back going forward.

After reading Jose's reasoning for this choice I cannot disagree with it. He was using Kenedy as a tactical tool, we won = it paid off. I do however question the decision to play Ivanovic ahead Azpi, but there might have been reasons we don't know of either.

Maybe it's because Ivanovic is tall? Don't think it's hard anymore to figure out why Mourinho likes to play him in the starting XI.

He is a winger not LB. You can put many players to LB but they aint actual LB.

Barca deployed Pedro as RB too, saying Kenedy is most skillful LB is bit funny then.

But anyway despite good game, Im dissapointed we have a manager who plays promising winger as fucking fullback AND also leaves Azpi on bench.

About Kenedy, all respect to the lad. He doesnt complain, does his job. Realy good on the ball, overall raw player, but he has talent. And with his workrate, I have big trust for him.

Why does everyone tell me he is not a LB? I fucking know he is an inverted right winger/second striker which is why i wrote he should be tried higher up the field. Having been perfectly aware of his true position, being funny was exactly my intention when I made that 'skilfull LB' joke.

On a different note, I can see where Mou is coming from. Azpi's defensive prowess was not really be needed on the left vs NOrwich and as much as I like him, he is not that good offensively. Kenedy offered much more in that regard. However I also can not really retrace why he picked Ivanovic who was a liability as always but it did no harm yesterday. Probably some height + element of surprise reason.

I think Mourinho got it right with Kenedy. He wasn't supposed to attack much, but he still offered something more offensive than Azpili would. Like others, I'd rather play Azpili in the right and bench Iva if we're using a winger in the LB, but I think he wanted to count with Iva physicality, height and the old story we know. This is Mourinho after all, expecting him to play a winger as a FB (an attacking choice imo) AND drop Iva isn't realistic from our part.

People like Coentrao, Alba, Gaya and Marcelo began their careers in the 11 or the 9 position. So, what is the problem?

Kenedy looks promising, but he isn't a top tier prospect, in my opinion, so maybe he can develop a better career in another role.

I'm just speculating, obviously.

Was at the game and thought Kennedy held his own against a good england under 21 winger Redmond, it was nice to see someone bombing on past on the over lap and gave Hazard and willian extra options.

Even put a great ball into the box which Costa stood and watched while standing on the penalty spot.

People like Coentrao, Alba, Gaya and Marcelo began their careers in the 11 or the 9 position. So, what is the problem?

Kenedy looks promising, but he isn't a top tier prospect, in my opinion, so maybe he can develop a better career in another role.

I'm just speculating, obviously.

the problem, is he has great shooting ability, and is going to be wasted in defence. i'd rather see him at lb, than the bench, but he looks better suited to our wing than pedro.

Can't we be happy that we have a young exciting prospect who can play more than one position? That we now have actual proof that Jose is in fact able to surprise us all, something we have been crying out for. That he is using the squad beyond the usual suspects. Since when is it so unusual for wingers to play wing-back anyway? Why all this over-analyzing? The kid got a great experience and we won, so we are ruining him? If anything he earned himself more game time by proving he can be good in more than one position and be useful tactically.

The more I think about it, the more I like what Jose did. It was VERY rare for him to make such a call in a premier league must-win game. It also shows that if you're good enough no matter your age, you will play.

this is anything but true with chelsea. kenedy is a multi million pound signing, he should be getting game time, on that count alone

this is anything but true with chelsea. kenedy is a multi million pound signing, he should be getting game time, on that count alone

You make "multimillion" sound a lot, but it was only £6.3 million. Everybody thought he would be another Piazon who was bought for roughly the same amount and who will never make it here. By that logic Baba should be an undisputed starter and so should have been Filipe Luis. It is peanuts, that kind of price tag doesn't guarantee you a minute and that is especially true in Chelsea, more often than not we dish out those sums for our loan army.