Kenedy

the wes

Because thats what we do.

For some reason I'm liking the lad. Not sure if I like him because of us annually being linked with Hulk and Kenedy supposedly the 'New Hulk' but it will be interesting to see if Mou keeps him or hes out on the loanagoround.

Major strengths

- well-built with powerful burst of acceleration

- a very powerful shooter

Major weaknesses

- one-footed, and largely one-dimensional

- doesn't link well with teammates

- unused to tracking back defensively

Assessment breakdown

Tackling: On average, he has made less than one tackle per 90 minutes in his Serie A appearances since the start of 2014. Has the necessary physical tools to compete for possession high up the pitch but hasn't been tasked with doing so to date.

Marking: Kenedy has rarely been required to track back and help out defensively at either club or international level so far and this is something he will have to get used to in Europe. It is questionable whether he currently possesses sufficient stamina to do so effectively.

Heading: He is getting on for 6-foot-tall but has not yet shown himself to be a regular threat in the air at senior level.

Close control: Displays good touch and is capable of some wonderful ball manipulation at times. He does, though, quite often receive the ball in a manner that fails to open out the pitch in front of him, thus forcing him to retreat. At senior level, defenders who stay on their feet are usually able to prevent him from cutting inside onto his favoured left foot.

Passing: Plays with his head down and appears largely unaware of the positioning of his teammates. The majority of his passes are played back to the full-back or a supporting midfielder after it has become clear that there is insufficient space infield for him to attack with the ball at his feet. Needs to become much more associative in his play.

Positioning: Capable of making occasional off-ball bursts in behind but largely sticks to his flank and looks to receive the ball into feet. Arrives well at the far post to meet low crosses from the other side of the pitch. Needs to add more variety to his movements.

Crossing: He strikes the ball very well and should therefore be capable of providing good deliveries into the box from wide. However, his primary intention is usually to cut infield and take a shot on goal, with crosses largely utilised as a last resort when that isn't possible.

Finishing: He is a powerful shooter from medium and long range, while he also produced a couple of cool and precise finishes from closer in to score against Botafogo and Bonsucesso during the State Championship. He has taken a very solid average of 3.44 shots per 90 minutes in his Serie A appearances since the start of 2014, but shot selection could be an issue. Under a third of his efforts on goal are on target, while more than a third are blocked.

Sir,

I'm sorry you have a good write up. But it does not support what I observed with the Barca game. So thank you but no thanks.

Trained today with first team.

He's been training with the first team since July, hasn't he? He flew back to london with the team, trained in Cobham before the Community Shield and watched the game in the Wembley, I suppose he's been around for a while now.

I love this signing. He has so much potential and he will likely break into the Brazil senior team due to the sheer lack of players capable of being 9s. I envision him more out wide here, but regardless will get plenty of time on the pitch for his age. His potential is sky high. In five or six years we may have the two best Brazillian strikers :getin:

We need width in attacking. His style is too similar Hazard as he also likes to cut inside. I think we need someone like Moura or Oxlade, talented guy though I hope he learns from Hazard.

Moura and Oxlade also cut inside. Every winger cuts inside. This old fashioned go to the byline and cross does not work anymore. Fullbacks are there to create width. Our problem is not a lack of width by the wingers but that ivanovic can't crossand azpi is on the wrong foot to do so.

Moura and Oxlade also cut inside. Every winger cuts inside. This old fashioned go to the byline and cross does not work anymore. Fullbacks are there to create width. Our problem is not a lack of width by the wingers but that ivanovic can't crossand azpi is on the wrong foot to do so.

Yes they cut inside but they also dribble near the touchline, open up the play and ruin the balance of the defense. Hazard and Kenedy use their right/left food and play in left/right wing. This is not the case for Oxlade and Moura.

These heatmaps show how they usually play:

Hazard's heatmap

article-2467118-18D82D3600000578-918_634

Oxlade's heatmap

Screen-Shot-2014-09-29-at-17.12.56.png

I really like the guy and I would be really happy to see him in the PL, but I must notice that lots of people here are way too impressed with him after only 1 pre season game in which he was alright, but nothing special imo. It's nothing bad, but keep in mind his age, pressure, change and experience and don't get on his back if things don't go his way.