Kenedy

the wes

Mourinho is hopeful Kenedy can become part of his squad. He said: “We bought Kenedy because we believe in him. He’s a very young kid that we believe a lot in, hopefully.

“We have conditions to get him a work permit because we want him. We don’t want him to go out on loan. I think we have what the rules demand to get him a permit.

“He was in pre-season with us without the documents so he couldn’t play the first two matches for us. Against Barcelona he had the chance to do it and even if it was a friendly I think it was the best debut for a kid, to play against the best team. It was a great night for the kid and a great experience.”

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/29/kenedy-chelsea-jose-mourinho-pre-season-tour-barcelona

In attack, acceptable game, no more. But what liked me of this guy, was his will for fight every ball, since the first minute, he really seemed with illusion to impress. In his work rate, is absolutely a Mou winger, pressing the opponent defense, and when Barca advanced with the ball, He immediately went back to support the midfield and the full back. Tactically looked very good.

Surely will be loaned, but if Mou continues some years with us, I can see him playing here, obviously, if he has a good development, but in first instance, I see him as a typical Mou winger.

Not sure if there is any kind os misinterpretation, because I'm not sure if you really believe no one knows that no organisation ever owns a player, and actually what is owned is player's economic rights, and I'm not sure if you don't understand that, when people say someone "owns a player" they mean "someone owns the players economic rights".

In the link I just posted above (http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/30/why-premier-league-banned-third-party-ownership-players) you can just read:

"In December, Platini said: "We cannot accept that players are owned by an agent or an entity, or financial institutions. It is hard to understand that footballers, who have battled so much to be independent of clubs, ending the old contract situation [with the 1995 Bosman ruling], are now controlled by third-party funds. I do not accept that. I am going to fight with all my strength against that."

I hope you understand he just said "we cannot accept that players economic rights are owned by an agent...".

About Kenedy, believe me, Fluminense does not own economic rights or any kind of Kenedy's registration. He is an ex-Fluminense player, he was sold about one month ago to an investment fund. A player doesn't need to be registered to any club before signing for another, thats why we have free agents.

This authorization thing is something to no create problems in Premier League. Selling players for investment funds is pretty common in SA.

Since 3 months ago, Brazilian press was reporting Fluminense would sell Kenedy for an investment funds, who then was going to "give" Kenedy's rights to Chelsea. About one month ago, Fluminense confirmed Kenedy was sold. He is not under contract with Fluminense, so, if Chelsea did not registered him yet, then he is a free agent, but definitely not a Fluminense player.

The whole thing is weird. It reminds me of Traore situation. He joined Chelsea academy in 2010, even joined the squad in pre season in 2013, 3 months before signing any official contract with Chelsea. I'm pretty sure it was the same situation: talented player coming from low economically developed football, 100% he was owned by investments funds who let he play for Chelsea, before finally selling for the club for the right price.

Kenedy is the same. Perhaps he will never play an official match for Chelsea, but he definitely will sign a contract with Chelsea at some point.

Thanks Henrique.

Yes I understand all of that very well and have previously written about it at some length.

My earlier point was made in response to the assertion that Kennedy is not a Fluminense player. I maintain that, in terms of who he can play for, he is. If his transfer to Chelsea is ever to be completed, the owners of his economic rights will have to transfer that ownership to Chelsea but Fluminense will also have to confirm to FIFA that they have relinquished his registration.

The owners of his economic rights do not, and cannot, own his registration. Registrations might be used by third parties to establish the value of a player's economic right's but such parties cannot actually own the registration. Only clubs affiliated with a FIFA recognised national body, such as The FA or CBF, can do that.

Anyway, leaving contrasting views on Kennedy's contractual situation aside, an encouraging performance from the lad vs Barca. As everyone is pointing out, great hustle, great power, good pace and that fabulous pass too. The question being asked before kick-off last night was why Kennedy had been selected ahead of others but I think we've seen the answer. Jose must absolutely love this bloke's attitude. (RLC please, please, please take note.)

Kennedy's technique is not great in my opinion. His third touch may not always be a tackle, but it often is and far too frequently it is made at a stretch. In that sense he reminds me, as I've said before, of Lukaku. Romelu struggled thinking he was better than in fact he is, but Kennedy looks like he might be more ready to understand, and accept, that he isn't Lionel Messi. If Kennedy takes that fully on board, doesn't waste possession trying to dribble like Hazard, and concentrates instead on his strengths, he could make a contribution.

If Kennedy is looking for a role model he could do worse than Gareth Bale. Similar attributes I think. Perhaps not at a similar level but of a similar type and with similar ways to make an impact.

Anyway, leaving contrasting views on Kennedy's contractual situation aside, an encouraging performance from the lad vs Barca. As everyone is pointing out, great hustle, great power, great pace and that fabulous pass too. The question being asked before kick-off last night was why Kennedy had been selected ahead of others but I think we've seen the answer. Jose must absolutely love this bloke's attitude. (RLC please, please, please take note.)

Kennedy's technique is not great in my opinion. His third touch may not always be a tackle, but it often is and far too frequently it is made at a stretch. In that sense he reminds me, as I've said before, of Lukaku. Romelu struggled thinking he was better than in fact he is, but Kennedy looks like he might be more ready to understand, and accept, that he isn't Lionel Messi. If Kennedy takes that fully on board, doesn't waste possession trying to dribble like Hazard, and concentrates instead on his strengths, he could make a contribution.

If Kennedy is looking for a role model he could do worse than Gareth Bale. Similar attributes I think, and similar ways to make an impact.

On his technique I'm not so sure we saw enough of him on the ball to comment on what he can/can't do. My amateur eye is telling me he played a pretty conservative game. The lukaku comparison is still bugging me, romelu's actual technique is well under what I think kenedy has.

Having said that he must be doing something extremely well to get into the team ahead of traore and cuadrado. He looks like he's a player and we haven't even seen much of him yet.

On his technique I'm not so sure we saw enough of him on the ball to comment on what he can/can't do.

My view is that it is possible to tell very quickly. That said, your observation obviously makes sense so we should follow your lead and give the lad more time to demonstrate his level.

Loved his movement, speed, passing and left foot.

Haven't seen enough of his other attributes to judge him on but I was happy with his speed and willingness to get behind the defence. Fabregas will have a field day in creating chances with him on the right wing.

If he keeps working hard, and showing desire he has a big chance.

Anyway, leaving contrasting views on Kennedy's contractual situation aside, an encouraging performance from the lad vs Barca. As everyone is pointing out, great hustle, great power, good pace and that fabulous pass too. The question being asked before kick-off last night was why Kennedy had been selected ahead of others but I think we've seen the answer. Jose must absolutely love this bloke's attitude. (RLC please, please, please take note.)

If Kennedy is looking for a role model he could do worse than Gareth Bale. Similar attributes I think. Perhaps not at a similar level but of a similar type and with similar ways to make an impact.

You said everything I wanted to say.

I think he had a very solid debut and even surprised me with his willingness to track back (something he doesn't do in Brazil). There was a very dangerous attack by Barça early in the match and he was the player that took the ball away from the Barça player IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR BOX, just in front of Courtois. Literally seconds before he was in the right wing attacking. He tracked back, not only to make a number, but he effectively chased the players leaving the right flank and going to the center of the box.

That's the kind of attitude Mourinho is (rightfully) expecting from a youngster that receives a chance to play with the seniors, something RLC failed to do over and over and over.

I also agree about his technique, his bad choice making when it comes to dribble (yesterday he tried to pass by three players surrounding him, thinking he was Messi, but while here in Brazil he made it a few times a matches, yesterday he did it only once), many times he doesn't pass when he should and doesn't dribble when he should. It seems like his football brains haven't been there yet. But he's 19, it could change. I don't like much this kind of player because they tend to keep this brainless behavior throughout their whole career. I've seen few grow out of it and I hope that's the case for Kenedy as his attitude (more than his talent) impressed Mourinho a lot. He aced the attitude and maybe under Mourinho's wing he can grow in the right way. Huge maybe though.