Kenedy

the wes

9 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

We will see how he develops. I think he could be absolutely brilliant sub if we need to get back in the game. He is a direct and not afraid to try things. Also very quick and decently strong which is great against tired defences.

Yes, I think that's an excellent point.

It does depend on his getting a better understanding of what he can and cannot do, and on being willing to accept such a role as a career choice. Becoming a starting defender is almost impossible for Kennedy, but becoming a starting attacker at Chelsea's level is even less likely. The role you suggest is a potential solution for him.

@OhForAGreavsie @BlueLyon I agree with both of you. Kenedy just seems to lack the necessary skillset of the position(at the moment) there is always the off off off very slim chance Conte can work his magic on him. But worst case I agree that he can be a super sub if we are behind and need a little more direct attack from the LWB role. It is a shame as I had high hopes for him initially and am not willing to completely right him off but it does look like a steep up hill climb for him. I am still holding out hope that Baba can come back with some confidence and be a good depth option

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelseas-cesc-fabregas-drops-kenedy-news-instagram/

Seem like kenedy back training at chelsea I wonder if hes getting a recall back to Chelsea and I wonder conte can work his magic and turn kenedy into a solid wing-back like he did with moses 

Well it seems hes home so it might be the case Conte can work with him

Chelsea’s Cesc Fabregas drops Kenedy news on Instagram

http://www.101greatgoals.com/news/chelseas-cesc-fabregas-drops-kenedy-news-instagram/

On one hand I feel he could be brilliant at that LWB, constantly arriving from deep and causing chaos with his direct runs on the other similarly I can see him as a walking liability without much tactical acumen, ill discipline and lacking intelligence in possession.

Gimme one real game to give a verdict here.

10 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

On one hand I feel he could be brilliant at that LWB, constantly arriving from deep and causing chaos with his direct runs on the other similarly I can see him as a walking liability without much tactical acumen, ill discipline and lacking intelligence in possession.

Gimme one real game to give a verdict here.

trust Conte to drill in tactical acumen and discipline in him.

9 minutes ago, Mufassir08 said:

trust Conte to drill in tactical acumen and discipline in him.

I'm really, really tempted to say "you can't teach intelligence" but then Moses is one of those least intelligent players (in football terms, I don't know about real life) and he looks brilliant in that role. But I can't take it for granted, I simply cannot believe that less intelligence more power and pace is a rule for wingback position ! :)

1 minute ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I'm really, really tempted to say "you can't teach intelligence" but then Moses is one of those least intelligent players (in football terms, I don't know about real life) and he looks brilliant in that role. But I can't take it for granted, I simply cannot believe that less intelligence more power and pace is a rule for wingback position ! :)

One thing is for sure that Kenedy has got the perfect attributes for a wingback. Pace, power, aggression, stamina he has that all in abundance, lets hope Conte can work his magic on him because on paper, a wingback duo of Moses and Kenedy seems incredibly dynamic.

11 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

One thing is for sure that Kenedy has got the perfect attributes for a wingback. Pace, power, aggression, stamina he has that all in abundance, lets hope Conte can work his magic on him because on paper, a wingback duo of Moses and Kenedy seems incredibly dynamic.

But don't you think many players have pace, power and stamina? If that was the most important then Americans would be the best at football, they produce athletes first. 

I really don't know why Moses is working so well in that position. Conte needs to try to pass some of this on our next LWB whatever he used on Moses is working but as I said I can't believe in rule here that more power less thinking is a requirement. 

Nonetheless,  Conte sees Kenedy in every training for 2months before he is able to hand him game from January and I trust that Antonio will have great assessment by that time. 

If someone thinks he didn't get in the team because he was bad then that is not the case. He was injured the whole time he was there (when he was not he got his appearance). 
I was so surprised to see him go on loan as I rate him so highly so I hope he gets to play some this season!

7 hours ago, Yeboii said:

If someone thinks he didn't get in the team because he was bad then that is not the case. He was injured the whole time he was there (when he was not he got his appearance). 
I was so surprised to see him go on loan as I rate him so highly so I hope he gets to play some this season!

I hope he gets his chance at LWB :) Some pretty solid performances last season .. we will see ;)

• 1 month later...