Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

10 m more and we could have signed Alexis last season..unbelievable. not a bad transfer, but wont put us on another level. Pedro is massively overrated on this board.

I wouldn't say he's overrated. I think people see him as someone who, while isn't a world class player, he can be productive for us, an improvement on Cuadrado and add abit of directness and speed to our attack. Hopefully it'll also allow Willian to play centrally, rotating with Oscar, and prevent Ivanovic thinking he's a right winger.

If we can also get £20m or so for Cuadrado before the deadline I'll be pretty pleased.

The point is that we didn't even try bro. Who knows what could've happened if Mou made a cheeky bid.

And how do you know if we, or any other club who looks for AMs (most top clubs), didnt made a move for Isco and Reus? obviously clubs were trying to get them and maybe Chelsea as well.

Reus agency said Reus is staying while they admitted he had offers. Isco was wanted by Juventus and Real said he's not moving.

Griezmann is a different story, he had a 60m Euros (and now its 80m), and he's not really a Winger. And he might want to stay as well.

We had other options, but not "World Class" options like Reus and Isco imo.

10 m more and we could have signed Alexis last season..unbelievable. not a bad transfer, but wont put us on another level. Pedro is massively overrated on this board.

Just because Arsenal are weaker than us it does not mean he would have joined us. Yeah, we are more likely to win the bigger trophies but Alexis had his heart set on a move to Arsenal. He admired their style of football as it was similar to Barca's and I think he would of rather work under Wenger than Mourinho tbh. Easy to say we could have signed this player and that player but remember, it does not necessarily mean the player wants to come here.

This wouldnt have changed Aguero raping our defenders...

probably would have changed kolarov roaming on our right side without any hesitation cos he knew it was only rambo down our right. and also, it probably would have meant rambo playing alongside matic which would not have been given city all the time and space in the world which cesc did.

Hi friend![/colour

In fact, I was at the Vicente Calderon that day. Pedro performed well under the umbrella of the best player of all time (Lionel Messi) at the best moment of his career. Barcelona won everything last season thanks to Messi.

I've been watching Pedro since he started in La Liga and I maintain everything I have said About Him.

Pedro is not important in Barcelona since 2011 except to revolutionize matches. That's why he wants to leave Barcelona.

But it's a good signing to take over the season. Even he can be important as right-winger With Willian in the middle. But on important days Jose played with Willian as a right-winger and Pedro will wait his chance from the bench to revolutionize the match if were necessary or if we need to make a goal.

Regards.

I get what you mean completely. And I agree with you to a degree. The counter argument I guess is how many times have people seen him play without the likes of Messi, Xavi etc, even in the national team.

It doesn't take a way the fact though that he does have some pretty good qualities that will add to our team and our squad. It should be interesting to see how he does without Messi and Xavi etc.

For me, you don't spend 7/8 years in and around the best eleven in club and international football if you're bang average though.

Now before United try to save face with this embarrassment HURRY UP AND SIGN STONES before they try to "hijack" our main target!

come on united. u can do this. please pay 3 times the value of an over hyped "potential" player.

I wouldn't say he's overrated. I think people see him as someone who, while isn't a world class player, he can be productive for us, an improvement on Cuadrado and add abit of directness and speed to our attack. Hopefully it'll also allow Willian to play centrally, rotating with Oscar, and prevent Ivanovic thinking he's a right winger.

If we can also get £20m or so for Cuadrado before the deadline I'll be pretty pleased.

He can also be to us what Damian Duff was.

That of course if he is a starter and not a bench player....

I would rather have got Greizman tbh.

Pedro doesn't feel like a massive signing for me. Like City's transfer dealings.

I just hope this means We get rid of the deadwood Cuadrado so I don't have to look at him slipping on ice anymore!

If he arrives he arrives as a direct threat from the right side, not only that but he changes the dynamic of the opposition in their approach because they cannot push onto us knowing the threat he posses. He's not just a threat in terms of attacking a wing back, he's a goal threat too. If all things pan out well and we see Pedro at RW and Azpilicueta at RB we now have a template of numerous qualities, and a ready made, attack minded right-winger. The interchange between him and Hazard can also happen, it's finer things like that can also give us different dimensions to our style of play.

Strap yourselves in, this is going to be good.

Pedro is a awesome player and he will score alot of goals he is better than Willian and Cuadrado.

I would rather have got Greizman tbh.

Pedro doesn't feel like a massive signing for me. Like City's transfer dealings.

I just hope this means We get rid of the deadwood Cuadrado so I don't have to look at him slipping on ice anymore!

Pedro is more of a short term solution, hence the price being probably half what we'd have to pay now for Griezmann, a third of what we'd have to pay for Bale etc.

That's not saying he won't do well for us though.

If he arrives he arrives as a direct threat from the right side, not only that but he changes the dynamic of the opposition in their approach because they cannot push onto us knowing the threat he posses. He's not just a threat in terms of attacking a wing back, he's a goal threat too. If all things pan out well and we see Pedro at RW and Azpilicueta at RB we now have a template of numerous qualities, and a ready made, attack minded right-winger. The interchange between him and Hazard can also happen, it's finer things like that can also give us different dimensions to our style of play.

Strap yourselves in, this is going to be good.

Good analysis mate..