Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

I like the guy and think hes a good player. The only thing Im against is we will lose any money in him. With a 4 year contract taking him to 31 I doubt he would be with us much longer so will probably be tried to sold in in 3 years time.

Sky put it on there transfer page dunno if this makes it anymore true

12:38

BARCA STAR OPEN TO BLUES MOVE

Chelsea are willing to fork out €30m to sign Pedro and the Barcelona forward is open to moving to the Premier League, reports Sport.

The Spain international’s first-team role at the Nou Camp diminished last term following the arrival of Luis Suarez, but he made the surprising decision to renew his contract until 2019 in June.

Arsenal, Liverpool and PSG were all interested in signing him this summer, but he is believed to have spurned interest from those clubs after coach Luis Enrique promised him a greater first-team role next season.

However, that situation is believed to have changed, with the player having decided that he wants to leave Barcelona to try his luck in the Premier League.

Sport claims Pedro received a call from Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho which made him reconsider his decision, while a chat with his old team-mate Cesc Fabregas ended up convincing him that his future lies at Stamford Bridge.

Just been watching a bunch of YouTube videos of Pedro from the last few seasons. Seems like the majority of his most dangerous work and many of his goals came from the left side and with his right foot.

I'd assume he'd be on our right side, though. How effective is he on that side with his left foot?

It's just by chance that more of his goals have come from his right foot. He defines ambidextrous.

Pedro is a better winger for us than Reus, Griezmann and Isco imo. Why? Simply because they are not right wingers. It's not their natural position and they would prefer to play in their natural position.

LW: Hazard

CAM: Oscar, Willian, (Cesc)

RW : Cuadrado, Pedro

Great squad depth and lots of options for players to rotate. I hope we give Cuadrado a go, it wouldn't be fair to sell him yet. At least let him have a preseason with us.

I agree he's not worth more than 20mil. Still, name me a right winger who is available besides Pedro and Sterling?

Why do I keep hearing this? Do people not realise that Reus had a career before Dortmund? He has actually played more games at his former club Gladbach than he did at BVB!!

Granted Reus has played the majority of his time at BVB at LW but for all of his career before that he was mainly a RW. At Gladbach he played pretty much exclusively there in fact. He's still a very natural winger than can play on either side. Obviously he's better on the left because he can cut in and score as he has done so many time for Dortmund but trust me he scored a fair few at RW for Gladbach too and he'll still be the best RW we can get our hands on atm unless Bale suddenly becomes available.

RW and LW are both natural positions for Reus, same as LB and RB have both become natural for Azpi due to the amount of time he's had to play there. I bet some people think he's naturally a LB now rather than RB where he's played most of the rest of his career, don't make the same mistake with Marco.

Pedro was only "bad/poor" season was completely down to the fact the Messi Neymar and Suarez were undroppable.. He still finished with double digits in goals and and assists in all competitions.. The season before which was only a year ago he had 19 goals and 13 assists in all comps for them.. For ppl to say he has been poor for 2-3 seasons leads me to believe they hardly watch Barcelona play much.

Pedro would do very well here has great technique with both feet and works hard for the team and most importantly has end product in final third £21m go for it

Just been watching a bunch of YouTube videos of Pedro from the last few seasons. Seems like the majority of his most dangerous work and many of his goals came from the left side and with his right foot.

I'd assume he'd be on our right side, though. How effective is he on that side with his left foot?

Yeah he is right footed and has slightly better finish, but he realy is very good with both.

He played on right all the time for barca and spain, so I dont think he would struggle here. Its true that Villa-Messi-Pedro changed positions ALOT and Pedro actualy went on left side many times, but that wouldnt be problem here. Because Hazard, Willian and Oscar can all shift positions very well.

Pedro would be nice adition to squad, but we will see if he can actualy improve us big time.

Pedro was only "bad/poor" season was completely down to the fact the Messi Neymar and Suarez were undroppable.. He still finished with double digits in goals and and assists in all competitions.. The season before which was only a year ago he had 19 goals and 13 assists in all comps for them.. For ppl to say he has been poor for 2-3 seasons leads me to believe they hardly watch Barcelona play much.

Pedro would do very well here has great technique with both feet and works hard for the team and most importantly has end product in final third £21m go for it

It isn't difficult to go in double figures when you are playing in a league where the relegation threatened team don't put up much of a fight and are open to 8-0, 9-0 drubbings

Why do I keep hearing this? Do people not realise that Reus had a career before Dortmund? He has actually played more games at his former club Gladbach than he did at BVB!!

Granted Reus has played the majority of his time at BVB at LW but for all of his career before that he was mainly a RW. At Gladbach he played pretty much exclusively there in fact. He's still a very natural winger than can play on either side. Obviously he's better on the left because he can cut in and score as he has done so many time for Dortmund but trust me he scored a fair few at RW for Gladbach too and he'll still be the best RW we can get our hands on atm unless Bale suddenly becomes available.

RW and LW are both natural positions for Reus, same as LB and RB have both become natural for Azpi due to the amount of time he's had to play there. I bet some people think he's naturally a LB now rather than RB where he's played most of the rest of his career, don't make the same mistake with Marco.

Thank you. It's truly outstanding how people are saying Pedro would be the better winger for us to sign. I can't believe it tbh.

If both are available it's a no brainer really. Reus is a class above Pedro.

If he has the release clause paid and pedro wants to move, barca cant stop it, regardless of how thin they are...

1. You might be aware release clause has huge tax ramification. So Barca has to agree to something less then the release clause, and Chelsea would want to avoid that.

2. I don't think Barca has any intention of keeping him tbh, why would they reduce his release clause to a somewhat reasonable price if they want to keep him?

Honestly i don't think we will pay 30m Euros, this will be negotiated it will more likely be closer to 20m.

1. You might be aware release clause has huge tax ramification. So Barca has to agree to something less then the release clause, and Chelsea would want to avoid that.

2. I don't think Barca has any intention of keeping him tbh, why would they reduce his release clause to a somewhat reasonable price if they want to keep him?

Honestly i don't think we will pay 30m Euros, this will be negotiated it will more likely be closer to 20m.

Sure we will negotiate, but all I was saying that if we actualy go with clause they cant do anything.

It would cost quite alot. Imo even 30m is too much for him, unless he does a Alexis, which I doubt.

It isn't difficult to go in double figures when you are playing in a league where the relegation threatened team don't put up much of a fight and are open to 8-0, 9-0 drubbings

Yet Alexis Sanchez made the same move and had better numbers than at Barca.. Stop the nonsense a goal scorer is a goal scorer look at Costa

Sure we will negotiate, but all I was saying that if we actualy go with clause they cant do anything.

It would cost quite alot. Imo even 30m is too much for him, unless he does a Alexis, which I doubt.

Chelsea would want to avoid the the immense tax trigger, so yeah you are right if Chelsea willing to fork out the extra money.

I agree 30m is a lot, i think they will sell for a lot less then that. Pedro is leaving i have no doubt about that, Chelsea or another club.

Thank you. It's truly outstanding how people are saying Pedro would be the better winger for us to sign. I can't believe it tbh.

Pedro would be a better winger for us to sign, Willian is also better for us then Reus, Willian and Pedro are Mourinho type players Reus simply isnt, imagine getting Real Madrid in the CL and we start with Reus at RW and Ivanovic at RB, Marcelo and Ronaldo would run riot, it would be embarrassing watching Reus trying to track Marcelo.

Pedro would be a better winger for us to sign, Willian is also better for us then Reus, Willian and Pedro are Mourinho type players Reus simply isnt, imagine getting Real Madrid in the CL and we start with Reus at RW and Ivanovic at RB, Marcelo and Ronaldo would run riot, it would be embarrassing watching Reus trying to track Marcelo.

But thats more of a fault of Banes than of Reus surely.

Wait... Is Reus available?