test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

11. Pedro Rodríguez

Started by Jason,

1,040 posts in this topic

Got mixed reports initially, but apparently he's not banned. 

Looked like he injured his hamstring in that tackle so he may be out anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, communicate said:

Lol so community shield is really just a friendly 

Of course what the hell did you think it was?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Of course what the hell did you think it was?.

But it still gets you a trophy so our aspiration should be to win it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But it still gets you a trophy so our aspiration should be to win it. 

It's a friendly the purpose of the match is to raise money for charity as seen by yesterday's minutes silence for Grenfell tower. Take the giving of a shield away and what have you got a 90 minute friendly simple as. When Vialli was sacked all opposition fans pissed themselves when it was said he won five trophies one was the charity shield one the super cup. These games have become more scrutinised rightly or wrongly because of the media's obsession with football.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It's a friendly the purpose of the match is to raise money for charity as seen by yesterday's minutes silence for Grenfell tower. Take the giving of a shield away and what have you got a 90 minute friendly simple as. When Vialli was sacked all opposition fans pissed themselves when it was said he won five trophies one was the charity shield one the super cup. These games have become more scrutinised rightly or wrongly because of the media's obsession with football.

 

But you have to look at the bigge rpicutre. We lost to one of our biggest rivals in a derby that kicks off the season in embarrassing fashion. we have lost in the shield 2010,2012,2015 and 2017. We lost the FA Cup final, the Super cup in 2012 and 2013 as well as the Worlc club in 2012. We hae been horrednous at these kind of mini trophies. Yeah they are unimportant but it would still be better to win them. A great way to kick off the season. It might only be a shield but it is handed by the FA and it is in wembley. It is a glorified freindly, but every trophy is just a piece of medal handed out after a number of glorified games. Also with very few exceptions a lost CS is a sign of a bad season to follow. The writing is on the wall and ahs been for months now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

, but every trophy is just a piece of medal handed out after a number of glorified games

Doesn't make a lot of sense are you comparing the champions league to the charity shield ?. It's not set in stone that if you don't win the charity shield you'll have a shit season. Are you saying that Arsenal are going to be brilliant and we are going to be terrible because we lost a friendly on penalties after losing a player to a dubious decision?. We didn't play well yesterday but to be fretting that we are going to have a piss poor season because of yesterday is stretching credibility. We need a few new players that's a given but after losing 3-0 to Arsenal did anyone expect us to win the league ?.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

But you have to look at the bigge rpicutre. We lost to one of our biggest rivals in a derby that kicks off the season in embarrassing fashion. we have lost in the shield 2010,2012,2015 and 2017. We lost the FA Cup final, the Super cup in 2012 and 2013 as well as the Worlc club in 2012. We hae been horrednous at these kind of mini trophies. Yeah they are unimportant but it would still be better to win them. A great way to kick off the season. It might only be a shield but it is handed by the FA and it is in wembley. It is a glorified freindly, but every trophy is just a piece of medal handed out after a number of glorified games. Also with very few exceptions a lost CS is a sign of a bad season to follow. The writing is on the wall and ahs been for months now. 

Arsenal have now won 3 of the last 4 Community Shields (or something like that) and putting yesterday's aside, have they really made that CS win count in previous seasons? No. Won 1-2 FA Cups but they continually get embarrassed in the Champions League and Premier League. If we go on to have a bad season, it won't be because we lost the Community Shield.

MefiX19 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Magic Lamps said:

But you have to look at the bigge rpicutre. We lost to one of our biggest rivals in a derby that kicks off the season in embarrassing fashion. we have lost in the shield 2010,2012,2015 and 2017. We lost the FA Cup final, the Super cup in 2012 and 2013 as well as the Worlc club in 2012. We hae been horrednous at these kind of mini trophies. Yeah they are unimportant but it would still be better to win them. A great way to kick off the season. It might only be a shield but it is handed by the FA and it is in wembley. It is a glorified freindly, but every trophy is just a piece of medal handed out after a number of glorified games. Also with very few exceptions a lost CS is a sign of a bad season to follow. The writing is on the wall and ahs been for months now. 

I would argue that a CS win is a sign of a bad season to follow. A CS winner hasn't gone on to win the league since United in 2011 mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

I would argue that a CS win is a sign of a bad season to follow. A CS winner hasn't gone on to win the league since United in 2011 mate.

 

Well, you could argue that a CS loss is an even worse sign, because in the last two seasons, Chelsea and Leicester finished around the 10th place in the league, in 2014, City lost the CS and their season ended up being trophyless, in 2013, Wigan played in the Championship, in 2012 Chelsea ended up playing in the EL...  :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Miki-Liki said:

 

Well, you could argue that a CS loss is an even worse sign, because in the last two seasons, Chelsea and Leicester finished around the 10th place in the league, in 2014, City lost the CS and their season ended up being trophyless, in 2013, Wigan played in the Championship, in 2012 Chelsea ended up playing in the EL...  :ph34r:

Weren't Wigan already relegated before they even played that CS game?

They won the FA Cup and got relegated in the same season if I recall and we ended up playing the EL in 2013 and won it... so not all bad eh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, zakhov said:

Weren't Wigan already relegated before they even played that CS game?

They won the FA Cup and got relegated in the same season if I recall and we ended up playing the EL in 2013 and won it... so not all bad eh?

They did, that's what I said. Yes, in 2012/13 we participated in 8 different competitions including the super cups, and won the one competition that no fan wanted the club to participate in, after finishing 3rd in the CL group stages and replacing a club legend with Benitez. :ph34r: Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 10:11 AM, Magic Lamps said:

Really disappointed with him in the CS. Paassenger in the game and an absolutely needless tackle that gave that con-ref a choice. I think it is safe to say he lost us that "trophy" and more importantly that we lost to one of our biggest rivals in a really embarrassing fashion. After the season he has had he should have done better. 

The entire teams shit performance lost us the game not pedro, can't cover the fact the team played like amateurs because Pedro got sent off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2017 at 1:03 PM, Pizy said:

Got mixed reports initially, but apparently he's not banned. 

Looked like he injured his hamstring in that tackle so he may be out anyways.

So it starts.

1trjro.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sh0n3x said:

So it starts.

1trjro.jpg

Sure sometimes players put it on when they no a card is coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.