Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Schürrle scored more goals in less minutes in Premier(in a weakest team, obviously) and won a World Cup. He was a bench player. And we sold our german guy for less.

If this is an important signing for us, well, don't expect any shit in Europe. Even in Premier.

schurrle is not better than pedro...

My days, I have seen a Chelsea flop being compared to a player contributing to so many trophies in probably the best of club of the last 10 years. This is...beyond laughable. Proves nobody has ever seen Pedro play and are making judgemental opinions, because he is currently a sub in Barca.

Honestly, the fee mentioned should in now way be a deterrent of getting Pedro. The greater risk is that Pedro stands in the way of someone with a higher ceiling.
As it happens though, I do not really see who that would be. Traore might be one if RW is where he is meant to be, but we know very little of Mou's plans right now.

Overall though, to get a RW that is better than Pedro would be quite difficult. Even if you look at players with more than 20 games on that position you will not see any obvious transfer-targets.
Hell, believe it or now, but Willian actually got the 10th highest ranking of all the RW'ers (the list include players who are more of FWR's than AMR's as well). The others include players like Messi, Bale and Moura. Unless we are looking at someone like Bellarabi or Berardi, Pedro is a really, really solid option.

If we sell Moses and Salah, two players with arguably no future in CFC, they would not only fund Pedro but actually most likely bring in more with their fees.

Having said that, Pedro just seems like the opposite of a sexy transfer. I think it is the name, sounds like we are buying a Spanish golden retriever.

Honestly, the fee mentioned should in now way be a deterrent of getting Pedro. The greater risk is that Pedro stands in the way of someone with a higher ceiling.

As it happens though, I do not really see who that would be. Traore might be one if RW is where he is meant to be, but we know very little of Mou's plans right now.

Overall though, to get a RW that is better than Pedro would be quite difficult. Even if you look at players with more than 20 games on that position you will not see any obvious transfer-targets.

Hell, believe it or now, but Willian actually got the 10th highest ranking of all the RW'ers (the list include players who are more of FWR's than AMR's as well). The others include players like Messi, Bale and Moura. Unless we are looking at someone like Bellarabi or Berardi, Pedro is a really, really solid option.

If we sell Moses and Salah, two players with arguably no future in CFC, they would not only fund Pedro but actually most likely bring in more with their fees.

Having said that, Pedro just seems like the opposite of a sexy transfer. I think it is the name, sounds like we are buying a Spanish golden retriever.

What about Gaitan from Benfica?

My days, I have seen a Chelsea flop being compared to a player contributing to so many trophies in probably the best of club of the last 10 years. This is...beyond laughable. Proves nobody has ever seen Pedro play and are making judgemental opinions, because he is currently a sub in Barca.

Schurlle was a flop at Chelsea?? Ok, we know whose being judgemental

If he wasn't would have he been sold? Cuz I doubt his workrate was bad. I liked Schurrle, he didn't do good here.

Then do you think that Mata was a flop too then then because he was sold as well, Schurrle isn't a Mourinho type player , he played really well for Chelsea just see how much goals he added to the team

Nonsense.

I guess you would say the same about Valdez? Pique couldn't make it at united. He wasn't in the team when they beat united in the first CL win, and hardly played at all in the last.

But this doesn't make him a bad player ofcourse. I have reservations based on the fact he runs down rabbit holes with the ball when he should pass. Of he does that at a team where players are always available, what's he on a be like here when they're less so and the moments that they are are all the more important?

Don't get him. Wait for someone who actually improves the squad but a significant margin.

What about Gaitan from Benfica?

Gaitan is a good player, but he isnt nowhere near world-class nor much better than what we have at the moment. Would be quite expensive too as it seems. Would prefer Pedro over Gaitan any day.

Im not hating the lad as we know hes got or had good skills once. For whatever reasons hes not been setting the world on fire has he.

Ive been thinking which always worries me Mous transfer history with us has been a bit hit and miss. A handfull of amazing world class lads but alot that really didnt make any mark at all with us.

Let me play devils advocate for a minute. Im wondering if Pedro and Falcao are just projects for Mou. Is it a case of him wanting to be seen as being right in signing them after they kinda failed at present. Neither of them are the players we need. Ones that can walk into the 1st team and help shake the side up offering us creativity and some real dynamics.

I thought Chelsea was going to be Mous project but these two guys just make it look like his personal ones. I really hope at the end of the season I am proven full of shit it would make me happy.