Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

I would be surprised if weren't talking with them. Pedro is plan B. Otherwise we wouldn't wrapped up Pedro long ago. There is no need for lengthy negotiations as we are paying the release clause with Pedro

See I'm on the other side of things, I can't see us entering into any negotiations with any of those players mentioned. We have a great attacking unit as it stands, these players mentioned would of meant huge amounts, possibly budget busting fees to get them here. Yes we have money but we are now a very careful planning club to what it used to be like, and looking from that point of view is also a reason we wouldn't entertain the coin that City have paid for Sterling.

I think we are looking for clever signings in two ways, players that can adapt to a certain system and also offer strength to an already healthy looking squad without having a 40-50M man sat getting splinters on his arse.

So you're implying you'd take Pedro over Greizman?

for RW, yes. we have seen exactly how square pegs fit in round holes.

also, i would take a 21mil pedro over 44mil greizemann. i have made my stance about greizemann pretty clear even his thread. he is just not what we want. infact, i have sincerest doubt of us ever being interested in him.

See I'm on the other side of things, I can't see us entering into any negotiations with any of those players mentioned. We have a great attacking unit as it stands, these players mentioned would of meant huge amounts, possibly budget busting fees to get them here. Yes we have money but we are now a very careful planning club to what it used to be like, and looking from that point of view is also a reason we wouldn't entertain the coin that City have paid for Sterling.

I think we are looking for clever signings in two ways, players that can adapt to a certain system and also offer strength to an already healthy looking squad without having a 40-50M man sat getting splinters on his arse.

for RW, yes. we have seen exactly how square pegs fit in round holes.

also, i would take a 21mil pedro over 44mil greizemann. i have made my stance about greizemann pretty clear even his thread. he is just not what we want. infact, i have sincerest doubt of us ever being interested in him.

Agree with all that but Cuadrado looked everything like Pedro when he signed- perfectly shaped peg for that round hole and we all know waht happened. Just saying

Pedro has apparently come out and said that the release clause has indeed been lowered, that he has not spoken to Mourinho, he admits that his situation is looking difficult, but hopes to retire a Barca player.

I don't understand, why sign another squad-rotation winger? Chelsea need a world class right winger, better spend the money elsewhere.

Chelsea wingers are (Bold=Natural Position, the rest can be forced playing in that position if needed):

LW: Hazard, Willian, Cuadrado, Remy, Oscar, Azpilicueta, Felipe Luiz, Costa (if Falcao play as CF)

RW: Willian, Cuadrado, Hazard, Oscar, Remy, Ramires, Costa

Plus Traore, Piazon, Moses, Marin and Salah... :D

Piazon,Moses,Marin,Salah,Cuadrado are not better than Pedro and Pedro score more goals and has more assists than Willian and he hardly played.

Winning sides don't necessarily have to have the best eleven players in the world. They need players who can do a job and be a composite part of a functional machine, which is what José has done at Chelsea. If Mourinho thinks Pedro is the right move, then I'll back that decision and not write him off before he's even kicked a ball.

Piazon,Moses,Marin,Salah,Cuadrado are not better than Pedro and Pedro score more goals and has more assists than Willian and he hardly played.

Pedro goals (league only) according to Wiki:

2011–12 29 5

2012–13 28 7

2013–14 37 15

2014–15 35 6

Cuadrado:

2011–12 33 3

2012–13 36 5

2013–14 32 11

2014–15 17 4

(Chelsea) 12 0

To me he's not so much better than Cuadrado in scoring ability. And what happen to Cuadrado? Jose preferred Willian ahead of him even his goal record are better than Willian.

Some dude on twitter called ''barcastuff' quoted Pedro saying he didnt talk to Mou, he likes barca, wants to go on pre season with them etc, but doesnt know what will happen in future...

True or not, it makes sense, if he said now he talked to Mou and wants to move, but eventualy stays in barca would look like idiot.

Pedro goals (league only) according to WIki:

2011–12 29 5

2012–13 28 7

2013–14 37 15

2014–15 35 6

Cuadrado:

2011–12 33 3

2012–13 36 5

2013–14 32 11

2014–15 17 4

To me he's not so much better than Cuadrado in scoring terms. And what happen to Cuadrado? Jose preferred Willian ahead of him even his goal record are better than Willian.

Yea because he doesnt play much what do you expect? he score more goals this season than Willian and Cuadrado and he hardly played.

Some dude on twitter called ''barcastuff' quoted Pedro saying he didnt talk to Mou, he likes barca, wants to go on pre season with them etc, but doesnt know what will happen in future...

True or not, it makes sense, if he said now he talked to Mou and wants to move, but eventualy stays in barca would look like idiot.

Speaking to Sport the 27-year-old revealed he hasn’t “spoken with Mourinho,” but said that he didn’t “want to say anything else because it would be a lack of respect to my club, Barca.”

but admits there are offers on the table.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/i_haven_t_spoken_with_mourinho_22m_spaniard_plays_down_chelsea_transfer_talk_1_4150592

Speaking to Sport the 27-year-old revealed he hasn’t “spoken with Mourinho,” but said that he didn’t “want to say anything else because it would be a lack of respect to my club, Barca.”

but admits there are offers on the table.

Read more at: http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/chelsea/i_haven_t_spoken_with_mourinho_22m_spaniard_plays_down_chelsea_transfer_talk_1_4150592

Meh, Sport usualy posts alot of rubbish daily, I wont be surprised if we were never even interested in Pedro in first place.

Agree with all that but Cuadrado looked everything like Pedro when he signed- perfectly shaped peg for that round hole and we all know waht happened. Just saying

its quite early days for juan. remember he had just 343minutes of football for us (spread over 14 appearances). so i wont judge him on this.

Pedro goals (league only) according to Wiki:

2011–12 29 5

2012–13 28 7

2013–14 37 15

2014–15 35 6

Cuadrado:

2011–12 33 3

2012–13 36 5

2013–14 32 11

2014–15 17 4

(Chelsea) 12 0

To me he's not so much better than Cuadrado in scoring ability. And what happen to Cuadrado? Jose preferred Willian ahead of him even his goal record are better than Willian.

Pedro is a natural goalscorer, he has over 10 goals in all competition since 2009-2010 season.

09-10 23 goals

10-11 22 goals

11-12 13 goals

12-13 10 goals

13-14 19 goals

14-15 11 goals

30m Euro's (21.5m GBP) is a good price in the current market. If we can't sign another WC winger, he would be a very good addition.

Yea because he doesnt play much what do you expect? he score more goals this season than Willian and Cuadrado and he hardly played.

I believe Cuadrado can scores as much goals as Pedro if he played for Barcelona and not for Lecce/Fiorentina.

It's not like he scores 15-20 goals every season, just around 8 goals/season average.

And Chelsea still have Remy, he can play as winger if Jose want a winger with scoring ability.

Pedro is a natural goalscorer, he has over 10 goals in all competition since 2009-2010 season.

09-10 23 goals

10-11 22 goals

11-12 13 goals

12-13 10 goals

13-14 19 goals

14-15 11 goals

30m Euro's (21.5m GBP) is a good price in the current market. If we can't sign another WC winger, he would be a very good addition.

But why never above 20 goals again since 11-12? Not to point that he will be 28 years old by the end of July.

For me if Chelsea can't secure a world class winger this summer, better spend another 20-25m money for another position.

If I'm not wrong Jose said something like "We want a top striker but he is not availabe this time, next summer you will understand why" when people asked why he not signed a striker but instead signed Matic. 5 months later Diego Costa signed.

Chelsea winger depth already deep, no need add another decent winger.