Pedro Rodríguez

Pacquiao

Despite not possessing exceptional vision, he IS actually very good at picking-out clever passes in and around the box to create openings for others. His passing is less effective/imaginative in the middle-third of the pitch, however.

show me. All I've seen from him is intelligent runs and clinical finishing.

Okay he scores goals, and?

yes because goals are not important are they?

He can score, can dribble, is 2 footed, good passer, good vision, good first touch, very comfortable in possession, works hard defensivley, presses the ball as good as anyone, is a big game player, is comfortbale receiveing the ball to his feet or played through to him to run onto, is dangerous on the counter attack and knows how to play against parked buses

Probably isnt worth the £20 Million is he?

I could get assists on Barca. Just pass the ball to Messi and let him do all the work, take that assists total with a grain of salt. Look at his key pass totals.

He does very dangerous balls across the box , which take some skill.

Cesc got less assists at last season in barca , despite playing more games.

yes because goals are not important are they?

He can score, can dribble, is 2 footed, good passer, good vision, good first touch, very comfortable in possession, works hard defensivley, presses the ball as good as anyone, is a big game player, is comfortbale receiveing the ball to his feet or played through to him to run onto, is dangerous on the counter attack and knows how to play against parked buses

Probably isnt worth the £20 Million is he?

he can score, he can't dribble, is a good passer, not the best vision, great touch, okay in possession, nothing he does defensively suggests he's a hard worker(but that is subjective perhaps what you deem hard work is much lower than what I do)

He is 100% worth 20M but definitely not based on your criteria. you've missed the mark by a wide margin in terms of what he can do on the pitch but that's not a huge deal. I see him as coming in and giving us competition at the right flank, similar to Schurrle who just didn't work out.

He does very dangerous balls across the box , which take some skill.

Cesc got less assists at last season in barca , despite playing more games.

really? now we're bringing Cesc into the discussion? the guy who often played as the finisher for Barca...

he can score, he can't dribble, is a good passer, not the best vision, great touch, okay in possession, nothing he does defensively suggests he's a hard worker(but that is subjective perhaps what you deem hard work is much lower than what I do)

He is 100% worth 20M but definitely not based on your criteria. you've missed the mark by a wide margin in terms of what he can do on the pitch but that's not a huge deal. I see him as coming in and giving us competition at the right flank, similar to Schurrle who just didn't work out.

LOL you cleary havent seen him play very often have you?

Which is exactly what we need. Everything else is a bonus.

I ain't mad at the acquisition of Pedro, this trail started when someone said he's going to be an everyday starter for us based on the fact he can do everything Willian can and he scores goals... I don't see that at all but everyone has their own way of interpreting the game.

really? now we're bringing Cesc into the discussion? the guy who often played as the finisher for Barca...

Well you could get assists there , so why is cesc irrelevant. All you have to do is pass to messi

Well you could get assists there , so why is cesc irrelevant. All you have to do is pass to messi

Cesc never had to do that he played striker, he was the person the moves were fashioned for... Do you see the difference? A winger tends to be involved in the build up more than a finisher.

Cesc never had to do that he played striker, he was the person the moves were fashioned for... Do you see the difference? A winger tends to be involved in the build up more than a finisher.

But cesc was still one of the best assisters in the league, that transferred to chelsea. I don't see why pedro will be different. Especially if falcao comes good

So one year later you dont think they have improved? There is a reason why they have been promised a place in the squad next season

And if we meet his release clause then its not up to Barca whether they sell or not, its then up to Pedro

they already had a place in squad last season. they have been promised NOTHING new.

barca have MSN, rakitic, iniesta, biscuits and pedro as their ONLY options for front 6. selling pedro would be idiotic to say the least.

LOL, if only things were as simple as that. they are barca, they ll pay pedro 2-3mil extra if they have to keep him.

But cesc was still one of the best assisters in the league, that transferred to chelsea. I don't see why pedro will be different. Especially if falcao comes good

I'm confused... What is the correlation between Cesc, Pedro and Falcao? Why does Cesc's assist totals here mean Pedro is the best solution on the flank?

show me. All I've seen from him is intelligent runs and clinical finishing.

This vid below shows some of Pedro's 'highlights' from 2014 (possibly the worst calendar year of his career so far). I think there's plenty here to suggest he could be very useful for us, and not just because he can score goals from the AM positions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRgxEKERums

they already had a place in squad last season. they have been promised NOTHING new.

barca have MSN, rakitic, iniesta, biscuits and pedro as their ONLY options for front 6. selling pedro would be idiotic to say the least.

LOL, if only things were as simple as that. they are barca, they ll pay pedro 2-3mil extra if they have to keep him.

I'm certain it doesn't just come down to paying him more.