Anthony Martial

Pacquiao

The fact is, Martial plays for United, that´s why he is being overhyped and it would be the same if he played for Arsenal or Liverpool, all media darlings, if it was us you would be hearing all kinds of stupid sh*t. Take Martin Tyler for example, when Martial scored his first goal for United: Ohhhh Yesssss, Tyler orgasm, typical, all riding United´s d*ck, or even City, Aguerooooooo in 2011/2012 and it would be the same for Arsenal or Liverpool ( Gerrard vs Olympiacos), sorry for the swear. You know that if it was for Chelsea you wouldn´t hear that kind of praise. I still remember when Crespo scored that cracker at the end of the game vs Wigan on the first game of the 2005/2006 PL season and we won, Martin Tyler´s reaction: "oh no for Wigan and great for Chelsea" it just shows the bias against us. At least we got something when Drogba scored in Munich double orgasm, Neville and Tyler, but mostly Neville lol.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact is, Martial plays for United, that´s why he is being overhyped and it would be the same if he played for Arsenal or Liverpool, all media darlings, if it was us you would be hearing all kinds of stupid sh*t. Take Martin Tyler for example, when Martial scored his first goal for United: Ohhhh Yesssss, Tyler orgasm, typical, all riding United´s d*ck, or even City, Aguerooooooo in 2011/2012 and it would be the same for Arsenal or Liverpool ( Gerrard vs Olympiacos), sorry for the swear. You know that if it was for Chelsea you wouldn´t hear that kind of praise. I still remember when Crespo scored that cracker at the end of the game vs Wigan on the first game of the 2005/2006 PL season and we won, Martin Tyler´s reaction: "oh no for Wigan and great for Chelsea" it just shows the bias against us. At least we got something when Drogba scored in Munich double orgasm, Neville and Tyler, but mostly Neville lol.

That isn't bias. That is being shocked by an unexpected goal. Everyone knows what Crespo is capable of and for him to score against Wigan in such a fashion isn't shocking. Martial, a relative unknown scoring an amazing goal on his debut is far more surprising than a world class striker scoring a world class goal. The anti-Chelsea bias in the media is overplayed. Everyone drooled over Mata when he was a Chelsea player. During the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons he was probably the most adored player in the league. When Hazard is one form, he is almost worshipped by pundits.

As for the Thierry Henry comparisons. It isn't surprising. He is black, French, played for Monaco and plays as a striker/winger. Not only that but his first goal is a mirror image of one Henry has scored before. Will he be as talented? I don't know. Even people were comparing Lukaku to Drogba despite being completely different players. Big and black is their only similarities.

Lol. You cannot judge a player after 4 damn games.

Look at Macheda. Whether good or bad you cannot judge a player after just like 200 minutes of game time. He looks good, he looked good at Monaco too, but let's wait a while before judging him eh?

If he'd scored 0 in these 4 games it would be unfair to call him shit, just like it's moronic to call him shit like "The next Henry" after 4 games too.

I do wish we could have got him, but like the board I'm pissed off that they didn't tell us they was accepting bids for him as we showed interest.

I do wish we could have got him, but like the board I'm pissed off that they didn't tell us they was accepting bids for him as we showed interest.

To be fair if it required a bid of £36M rising to £58M to prise him away I'm so glad we didn't do so. Even if he turns out to be a Ronaldo-esque signing for Utd I still won't be too fussed as it would've been a huge risk for a young, unproven player that could have gone any way with his development.

Also I doubt Monaco were planning to sell him so likely weren't accepting bids so I wouldn't be too pissed at them. It was probably just when Man U pressed the panic button and offered them silly money they had to accept. Like Newcastle with Carroll or Liverpool with Torres. Had silly big offers they had to accept even though they were not planning on it.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, we just need to be realistic and remember that even though he was good before he was worth no more than £15-20M. And signing unproven young players for £40M is a highly risky way of doing business.

Remember too it's hardly like we needed him. We need a CB, not a ST! We have Falcao as a stop gap for a year, Costa our no.1 for the foreseeable future and Remy is a quality back up. Then with Mourinho now showing some faith in the youth players hopefully we'll see Bamford and Solanke get chances to prove if they can convert their potential into ability.

That isn't bias. That is being shocked by an unexpected goal. Everyone knows what Crespo is capable of and for him to score against Wigan in such a fashion isn't shocking. Martial, a relative unknown scoring an amazing goal on his debut is far more surprising than a world class striker scoring a world class goal. The anti-Chelsea bias in the media is overplayed. Everyone drooled over Mata when he was a Chelsea player. During the 11/12 and 12/13 seasons he was probably the most adored player in the league. When Hazard is one form, he is almost worshipped by pundits.

As for the Thierry Henry comparisons. It isn't surprising. He is black, French, played for Monaco and plays as a striker/winger. Not only that but his first goal is a mirror image of one Henry has scored before. Will he be as talented? I don't know. Even people were comparing Lukaku to Drogba despite being completely different players. Big and black is their only similarities.

I know i might have sounded sour, but thats what i and most feel, when it comes to others hating on Chelsea, let it be media, pundits, FA, etc. and you know that. I agree with you, only time will tell if Martial will be a sensation like Henry was for Arsenal, he is still young after all. Let's be honest Henry was sublime, a genius at work and a joy to watch no matter which club anyone supported, a great ambassador for the PL and his price tag doesn't even come close to what United payed for Martial, in today's market its no surprise. Henry is in a league of his own and no one has ever come close to him in France so far , Henry is Henry, Martial is Martial, totally different players, and i always hated when someone labels a player, the next this, the next that, i hate that kind of pressure they put on a youngster, let the player be himself and create his own legacy, some will cope with the expectation and some wont.

Martial so far has played 4 and scored 4, that's a great start no matter how you look at it, and this having in mind he's playing in another league and the pressure that is playing for United, hats off to him, but he still has a long way to go to justify his massive price tag, which was too much even if he is a talent.

We will see how he develops further, minding he avoids injuries, he can become an even greater player, but certainly he's no Henry, but can he become like him? maybe, and do i wish he was playing for Chelsea? maybe yes, but paying over the odds, no thanks, so we gotta deal with what we have, i for one have high hopes for Solanke, i think he can be a top striker for us one day and a great player in the PL and in Europe. Let's see what the future holds, cheers mate ; )

I know i might have sounded sour, but thats what i and most feel, when it comes to others hating on Chelsea, let it be media, pundits, FA, etc. and you know that. I agree with you, only time will tell if Martial will be a sensation like Henry was for Arsenal, he is still young after all. Let's be honest Henry was sublime, a genius at work and a joy to watch no matter which club anyone supported, a great ambassador for the PL and his price tag doesn't even come close to what United payed for Martial, in today's market its no surprise. Henry is in a league of his own and no one has ever come close to him in France so far , Henry is Henry, Martial is Martial, totally different players, and i always hated when someone labels a player, the next this, the next that, i hate that kind of pressure they put on a youngster, let the player be himself and create his own legacy, some will cope with the expectation and some wont.

Martial so far has played 4 and scored 4, that's a great start no matter how you look at it, and this having in mind he's playing in another league and the pressure that is playing for United, hats off to him, but he still has a long way to go to justify his massive price tag, which was too much even if he is a talent.

We will see how he develops further, minding he avoids injuries, he can become an even greater player, but certainly he's no Henry, but can he become like him? maybe, and do i wish he was playing for Chelsea? maybe yes, but paying over the odds, no thanks, so we gotta deal with what we have, i for one have high hopes for Solanke, i think he can be a top striker for us one day and a great player in the PL and in Europe. Let's see what the future holds, cheers mate ; )

Wasn't Henry the second most expensive English signing at the time? It is all about context.

Remember Harry Kane :)

Last season he was the best blah blah - myself and others said at the time, judge him on his second season.

That's what separates the men from the boys.

In Kane's case - I DO think he will make it - just not at Spuds.

Martial will have a decent season, but the true test is next season - does he push on, stand still or drop a little

Martials composure in front of the goal is just great.

United took a gamble and it paid off, fairplay to them.

Some time ago United and other clubs did not want to pay big money for Hazard, bad luck.

I prefer getting a central back like Stones soon, therefore i am not too fussed about Martial.

Wasn't Henry the second most expensive English signing at the time? It is all about context.

Actually i dont remember what Henry's fee was at the time, maybe your right, but you can't deny that Martial's fee is a lot and is a massive gamble. Both players are from different generations, Henry is from a time when the market wasn't mega inflated as it is today, that's the reality.

I am not even sure if heis a CF. now way he would lead our line, cos we often play so deep that costa has to carry out the attack out of our own half and hold up the ball all the time. not sure martial is suited to this. it wokrs at utd cos they usually play with fellaini or rooney to do that next to martial. but here he would just be one of many many ams. mata and kdb could not make it inot mourinho's team as he would not afford the time and patience for them to adaptand they are at least as gifted as martial...

Stop acting like kids. Martial has done much more than for example De Bruyne but people keep talking that Martial is being overrated while they say De Bruyne is class. That's only because De Bruyne was at Chelsea and that's the reason for you to cry that he could have been our prayer if not Jose... Also, what a difference in RLC and this thread. RLC is a future star while Martial is just a short term wonder. Pure hypocrites.

• 2 weeks later...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You