Baba Rahman

It probably would be but if we get this guy then Ake never is going to make it here as a LB. I'd rather see Ake get the minutes Luis would've gotten.

But he's not a LB yet and there's little evidence to suggest he can be at this point. If he develops into a LB its a good thing because Brana isn't getting any younger, Cesar could move to RB and then its Ake and Baba fighting for mins on the left. He's only 20, no rush here at all

But he's not a LB yet and there's little evidence to suggest he can be at this point. If he develops into a LB its a good thing because Brana isn't getting any younger, Cesar could move to RB and then its Ake and Baba fighting for mins on the left. He's only 20, no rush here at all

Ake has had some good games at LB imo and I personally don't see Cesar ever going back to RB, I really see us just getting a new RB when Iva leaves/quits.

I'm not really against signing this guy, I'm just saying if I had the option of buying Rahman or giving Ake some chances at LB, I'd take the latter. But we all know which option it's most likely going to be [emoji14].

Ghanasoccernet... Very reliable lol

I do appologize but when I phoned Mou to ask about him he was on the toilet and couldnt chat. Apparently his stomachs not used to eating all that fat from burgers every night.

I will make sure I only link straight from the horses mouth in future like everyone else.Fingerwind_zpsy2btpwr3.gif

(They all link from each other)

Chelsea expect to complete the signing of Augsburg left-back Abdul Baba Rahman before the Community Shield against Arsenal next month (ESPN)

Personal terms have already been agreed with Baba Rahman, whose young age underlines Mourinho's attempts to build for the longer term (ESPN)

Can't believe some people are actually saying we should have Ake as our back up LB. It is like because we have not made major signings, some people have become too engrossed in this and think we are becoming the Ajax of England. Ake has rarely played LB for us bar few friendly games. His best position for me is definitely a DM and that is where we should look to develop him. He has similar qualities to Matic really, but obviously just not as good as him. Why do people want him to be our back up LB? We are a team who are fighting on four fronts and look to realistically win around 3 trophies and we want to have a player who has rarely played there as our back up. Are people actually serious?

Just look at our rivals. City: Clichy/Kolarov. Arsenal: Monreal/Gibbs. United: Shaw/Blind/Darmian.

On top of that Ake does not really the pace to be a LB on a consistent basis. Rahman has been playing in a competitive leauge for a good team on a regular basis. He is a much better option than playing Ake there. Pace, stamina, good defender as well from what I have read and ultimately a natural LB which Ake is not. Are people actually thinking it is necessary to go with Azpi and Ake as our LB this season? Be serious.

Can't believe some people are actually saying we should have Ake as our back up LB. It is like because we have not made major signings, some people have become too engrossed in this and think we are becoming the Ajax of England. Ake has rarely played LB for us bar few friendly games. His best position for me is definitely a DM and that is where we should look to develop him. He has similar qualities to Matic really, but obviously just not as good as him. Why do people want him to be our back up LB? We are a team who are fighting on four fronts and look to realistically win around 3 trophies and we want to have a player who has rarely played there as our back up. Are people actually serious?

Just look at our rivals. City: Clichy/Kolarov. Arsenal: Monreal/Gibbs. United: Shaw/Blind/Darmian.

On top of that Ake does not really the pace to be a LB on a consistent basis. Rahman has been playing in a competitive leauge for a good team on a regular basis. He is a much better option than playing Ake there. Pace, stamina, good defender as well from what I have read and ultimately a natural LB which Ake is not. Are people actually thinking it is necessary to go with Azpi and Ake as our LB this season? Be serious.

i agree mate by the way i can see ake getting loaned out this season

Somehow I have a hard time believing he's superior to Bertrand and that selling him was a good idea in the first place.

I don't think he is better. Ideally, I would want Betrand as our starting LB here as he has all the qualities and came through our academy but because Mourinho was/is not going to drop Azpi from LB anytime soon Bertrand did not want to stay here to play second fiddle. He made it firm that he wanted first team football. Rahman on the otherhand is probably prepared to join a much bigger club, get increase in wages and be backup and play cup matches and sometimes start a few prem games.