test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Abdul Rahman Baba

Started by Jason,

924 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, The Chels said:
"Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full-back," Rahman told Ruhr Nachrichten
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/rahman-explains-chelsea-exit-i-am-too-offensive-conte#QxLFv4877iy8fgWe.99

let's see, would be surprised if that's the whole plan....

"Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full-back,"

Defensive?! not again for fuck sake

Chris-Rock-HUH-WTF.gif

Shakez and Last Sicarius like this

Wants the team to be defensive as well as offensive, but Baba isn't cutting it defensively. I reckon some of what was actually said was lost in translation. 

48 minutes ago, The Chels said:

Judging by what we have seen in pre-season so far, I doubt we will be a defensive side under Conte. Being defensive and being defensively solid are two different two things and maybe Conte was referring to the latter to Baba Rahman? Skeptical about the quotes in the article TBH.

Think maybe its his way of saving face. He couldn't come out n say 'I'm not too good'

What I am a bit suprized at is we moved him before finding a replacement

Fernando likes this

41 minutes ago, J.F. said:

"Chelsea manager Antonio Conte told me that he wants his team to be very defensive, but I am a rather offensive full-back,"

Defensive?! not again for fuck sake

Journalists, bloggers and tweeters (is that a word?) will write and/or say whatever they choose to. People will choose to believe whatever suits them. I choose to believe that no one on this planet, or any other, would imagine Antonio has said something so simplistic. Anyone who believes such a childish piece of reporting is a bit too easily baited I think.

21 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

http://www.ruhrnachrichten.de/sport/schalke/aktuelles/Neuer-Linksverteidiger-Baba-Schalke-war-die-beste-Option;art15837,3078633

Complete bullshit. Here is the article in Ruhr Nachrichten. Nothing about Conte's tactics or Baba Rahman leaving because he is "too offensive".

Baba Rahman says that Conte told him that we would not be a starter, hence he (Baba) asked Chelsea to leave and thinks Schalke was the right choice.

That's it. Fucking English media trying to wind up things. 

lol yeah I just registered just to check, and you are right. He doesn't say that at all.

1 hour ago, The Chels said:

Except only just last week we heard Conte say:

"In some situations, especially at the start, the team was very deep and too defensive. That’s not what Chelsea are about."

That doesn’t sound like Conte wants his team to be defensive, he wants us to be organised and solid without the ball, and on the front foot when it matters, and clearly Baba can’t do both right now.

It would seem Conte just doesn't think Baba is good enough in his all-round game.

Putting in a good cross here and there doesn’t exempt you from your defensive responsibilities, which he clearly needs to work on. I’m a fan of Baba, so it’s a shame to see him leave on loan, but at the same time you’ve got to trust Conte.

kellzfresh and petre.ispirescu like this

Not a surprise he's gone very odd buy clearly not good enough for the cut and thrust of English football. When we played Newcastle in our only win under Hiddink at home (diabolical statistic by the way) I think from memory he came on when John Terry got injured. He looked very ordinary his body shape was always wrong he was always on the back foot and Townsend gave him a hard time even though we were winning the game comfortably. Clearly Mourinho didn't rate him as his appearances were rarer then rocking horse shit under him.

The Skipper likes this

8 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Not a surprise he's gone very odd buy clearly not good enough for the cut and thrust of English football. When we played Newcastle in our only win under Hiddink at home (diabolical statistic by the way) I think from memory he came on when John Terry got injured. He looked very ordinary his body shape was always wrong he was always on the back foot and Townsend gave him a hard time even though we were winning the game comfortably. Clearly Mourinho didn't rate him as his appearances were rarer then rocking horse shit under him.

So you reckon hes an Emenalo buy? Along with Papy?

1 hour ago, Melanicus said:

Except only just last week we heard Conte say:

"In some situations, especially at the start, the team was very deep and too defensive. That’s not what Chelsea are about."

That doesn’t sound like Conte wants his team to be defensive, he wants us to be organised and solid without the ball, and on the front foot when it matters, and clearly Baba can’t do both right now.

Exactly, this fabricated quote comes in total opposition with Conte's philisophy. I've read a lot of comments on Italian forums (and youtube videos) from Juventus fans talking about Conte's obsession with attacking even in the 95th minute, instead of defending deep, trying to protect the result. It was a comparison between him and Allegri, mainly coming from anti Conte fans (still bitter because of the way he left and his comments on Juventus' transfer policy), but still, gives you an idea on his tactics.

kellzfresh likes this