test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Abdul Rahman Baba

Started by Jason,

970 posts in this topic
Just now, didierforever said:

perhaps. or maybe those managers have the balls to drop underperforming players and actually put faith in others. be it lukaku, kdb, bertrand, baba, luis. the list goes on and on.

pep dropped yaya toure for sergio busquets the KID. people laughed at him at that point, look at things now.

also, iva is 31 already. baba is 21 and has a good future ahead of him. instead of investing our time in giving baba the required experience, we wasted it on playing iva match after match. now, dont get me wrong. i have nothing against iva i love the guy just like jose, but not when it harms the club. but then again, not every one can be as good a fan as you. or maybe you just love the moral high ground. oh well.

Sergio Busquets was a very talented player that made sense to be promoted and played in that team because really Toure was a box to box player who was forced to play holding midfield. 

I mean to say that Jose not dropping Ivanovic for Baba, who really is quite average or he would of played eventually, doesn't have balls is ridiculous. He dropped Casillas, Pepe, Ramos at Real and whoever else at various clubs. I mean dropping Casillas in its own right cost him his job, if thats not balls then what is. That Porto team that won the CL as well under him, look at the young players and were they all went to and what the became, he doesn't just play 11 36 year olds at every club and intentionally neglect youth. Lukaku would probably of gotten a chance if he stayed here as well, that was all but confirmed before he decided to move to Everton and the others bar Filipe Luis who I agree with you on, were unproven and not completely ready/not good enough for Chelsea.

17 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Sergio Busquets was a very talented player that made sense to be promoted and played in that team because really Toure was a box to box player who was forced to play holding midfield. 

I mean to say that Jose not dropping Ivanovic for Baba, who really is quite average or he would of played eventually, doesn't have balls is ridiculous. He dropped Casillas, Pepe, Ramos at Real and whoever else at various clubs. I mean dropping Casillas in its own right cost him his job, if thats not balls then what is. That Porto team that won the CL as well under him, look at the young players and were they all went to and what the became, he doesn't just play 11 36 year olds at every club and intentionally neglect youth. Lukaku would probably of gotten a chance if he stayed here as well, that was all but confirmed before he decided to move to Everton and the others bar Filipe Luis who I agree with you on, were unproven and not completely ready/not good enough for Chelsea.

the jose before RM and the jose after RM are 2 different personalities, so i see no point in the comparision.

the jose at the 2nd spell, had NO balls. sergio was just one example. look at kane. the guy was a NOBODY. he got the nod over soldado. would this example make more sense? the point simply was that, jose did not try anything. it was not like RDM where after one bad month he got the axe. we were 2nd/3rd when RDM got fired. we were 15th when jose got fired and that too after 4 months. he had enough time to change and adapt. he had enough time to drop the under performers. he did not, and he rightfully got booted off.

21 minutes ago, didierforever said:

the jose before RM and the jose after RM are 2 different personalities, so i see no point in the comparision.

the jose at the 2nd spell, had NO balls. sergio was just one example. look at kane. the guy was a NOBODY. he got the nod over soldado. would this example make more sense? the point simply was that, jose did not try anything. it was not like RDM where after one bad month he got the axe. we were 2nd/3rd when RDM got fired. we were 15th when jose got fired and that too after 4 months. he had enough time to change and adapt. he had enough time to drop the under performers. he did not, and he rightfully got booted off.

Only he didn't, he dropped each and every player in the starting XI maybe not for an extensive period of time, but each player got dropped at 1 point, his only mistake for me was not to play RLC, Kenedy, Traoré more often, but then again not even Hiddink is doing that so much. The team is just limited in options and quality, as to why is that, that's an entirely different discussion.

Essien19 likes this

He can't be worse than Ivanovic. What I'm saying is that now with Ivan on RB we are weak in defending and attacking on the right wing. Azpi is strong at LB in defence, but brings almost nothing in attack. With Azpi on RB we will have one really solid right wing with Azpi and Willian both running and covering space. From what Baba showed I can say that he can be very helpful in attack, but not so strong at defending. And that's not a hard thing to come to your mind. Some people get paid to think for formations and starting elevens, but can't think of how better our team will look with Azpi and Baba, than Ivan and Azpi.

3 hours ago, didierforever said:

ivanovic ball watching. and costs us another goal.

my best moment was when he fucks up and then shouts at zouma for not covering well.

BUT... what do i know. :lol:

I don't know if this was caught by the cameras but that outburst was in part a reaction to the fact that Zouma was criticising Brana throughout the game. Kurt's annoyance pleased me immensely. Not so much because he was right, that much is obvious, but because it seems to me to be a sign of growing self confidence.

I have a long standing suspicion about Brana which dates back to the Swansea semi-final three years back. If correct it would offer an explanation for his often bizarre performances. I've no evidence to support my guess however and it's the sort of thing one shouldn't say without evidence.

Bringing it back to Baba; how bad would he have to be to slip below Brana in the pecking order? Probably about as bad as he's looked in most of his first team appearances. I simply don't agree that a footballer gets selected just because he's young. First he has somehow to convince the coach to give him a try. Two managers have now made it clear that baba has not yet done that to their satisfaction.

7 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I don't know if this was caught by the cameras but that outburst was in part a reaction to the fact that Zouma was criticising Brana throughout the game. Kurt's annoyance pleased me immensely. Not so much because he was right, that much is obvious, but because it seems to me to be a sign of growing self confidence.

I have a long standing suspicion about Brana which dates back to the Swansea semi-final three years back. If correct it would offer an explanation for his often bizarre performances. I've no evidence to support my guess however and it's the sort of thing one shouldn't say without evidence.

Bringing it back to Baba; how bad would he have to be to slip below Brana in the pecking order? Probably about as bad as he's looked in most of his first team appearances. I simply don't agree that a footballer gets selected just because he's young. First he has somehow to convince the coach to give him a try. Two managers have now made it clear that baba has not yet done that to their satisfaction.

while baba has not set the world alight, he has performed okay. none of the goals we have conceded have been direct 100% mistakes of his ability (or rather lack of in iva's case).

again, with the same argument? jose used something as silly as "height" to justify his selection. that should be an indicator of the level of his biasness.

34 minutes ago, Blue_Fox_ said:

Only he didn't, he dropped each and every player in the starting XI maybe not for an extensive period of time, but each player got dropped at 1 point, his only mistake for me was not to play RLC, Kenedy, Traoré more often, but then again not even Hiddink is doing that so much. The team is just limited in options and quality, as to why is that, that's an entirely different discussion.

he never dropped iva. iva was injured and even then baba did not get a long term opportunity. we played zouma as a right back. after his injury, iva slotted right in.

how is a player supposed to put in a brilliant performance when he plays once every 2 months. baba had this done to him, remy had this done to him. these are humans, not bots. these players deserved extended run. also, when did jose play RLC? under jose RLC's last game was 45 minutes against villa after a whole international break (2 weeks) of running his mouth about RLC being "ready". jose was nothing but a fraud when it came to youth. just like his "academy day".

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Jose has a bias in favour of the players he thinks are best able to contribute good performances for his team.

not a surprise that he got fired considering he thought iva is the best able to contribute good performances for the team.

2 minutes ago, didierforever said:

not a surprise that he got fired considering he thought iva is the best able to contribute good performances for the team.

A decision with which Guss clearly concurs. You don't agree with the decision but it is not based on bias. We must remember that Jose did, and Guss does, see Baba playing everyday.

2 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

A decision with which Guss clearly concurs. You don't agree with the decision but it is not based on bias.

probably the reason we cant string 2 PL wins together and that we have conceded 5 goals at home against teams that are in the bottom half of the table. while we are in a relegation battle.

King11Didier likes this

6 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

A decision with which Guss clearly concurs. You don't agree with the decision but it is not based on bias. We must remember that Jose did, and Guss does, see Baba playing everyday.

and what do we have to show for it? other than sloppy goals and dropped points

didierforever likes this

44 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

You think he's being bribed to perform shit?

17 minutes ago, lucio said:

and what do we have to show for it? other than sloppy goals and dropped points

20 minutes ago, didierforever said:

probably the reason we cant string 2 PL wins together and that we have conceded 5 goals at home against teams that are in the bottom half of the table. while we are in a relegation battle.

Exactly. Given Brana's form and the team's results it is obvious that both managers would choose the alternative if given  the slightest encouragement and i do mean the slightest. Many are reluctant to accept this statement of the obvious but, it is a very sound guess to think that Baba has not offered even so small a level of encouragement.

11 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Exactly. Given Brana's form and the team's results it is obvious that both managers would choose the alternative if given  the slightest encouragement and i do mean the slightest. Many are reluctant to accept this statement of the obvious but, it is a very sound guess to think that Baba has not offered even so small a level of encouragement.

remy played and did give not just the slightest but a whole lot more encouragement than costa during the first 4 months.

same goes for RLC in place of either of Oscar or cesc. and yet these players played 95% of the game time.

we as fans don't get any pleasures saying these things. but sometimes u have to say it as it is. there was no other logical explanation of the continued inclusion of all the underperformers (iva, costa, cesc, Oscar) than jose's "favouritism" towards his "undroppables". and that has cost us massively. also, comparing baba's performances vs iva's performances this season, its literally a no brainer that baba would have been a better option. the fact that he would have got the required experience instead of wasting all that game time on a 31 year old past it player is just an added bonus.

7 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

!!!

Our conversation is going around in circles now so I'll dip out here.

out of the whole paragraph I wrote, all u coul find was "sometimes". great,