Baba Rahman

Don't think we would've sold Luis if he was happy to stay. He wanted to go back to Atleti where he was happy and a regular starter.

Baba seems to be a fantastic prospect who already has a great season under his belt in a top league. No brainier of a signing. Maybe if we're really lucky, in some matches José will start Azpi on the right and we can have a natural LB playing on the left.

Nope says who? Jose speaking

Stop being so down beat man.

Cmon, I'm not surprised if we are not signing anyone else after Baba. Stones forced or chose to stay, no other target rumoured. Jose said no deadline day signing either.

times have change at chelsea they dont like handing money over it reminds me of myself lol :ph34r:

One reason and for one reason only

"Torres"

He cost way, way more than 50 million pounds if add up all the managers we had to fire for failure to launch Torres. I'm estimating 250 million pounds thereabouts if you add his salary, plus all the comps we had to pay to fire each respective coach that failed to get him going, plus their salaries all the way back to Jose.

One reason and for one reason only

"Torres"

He cost way, way more than 50 million pounds if add up all the managers we had to fire for failure to launch Torres. I'm estimating 250 million pounds thereabouts if you add his salary, plus all the comps we had to pay to fire each respective coach that failed to get him going, plus their salaries all the way back to Jose.

fee - 50mil

4 years of wages - 40mil

ancelotti - 6mil

avb - 1mil (got a job in 3 months)

rdm - 10mil (130kpw for 19 months)

total ~ 105-115mil i would say. (i wont take manager's salaries into account cos thats not unfair. i mean we would be paying someone to do the job).

but i do agree with the gist of your post. torres was a disaster. an eye opener. a cautionary tale. it has made us be a lot more sensible in the transfer market but now we are just being misers.